Pokémon Go!

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Just hit level 30. My dudes come back from their gyms and I get to level them up!! Perfect timing!!

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
My Tyranitar's still not back from the gym, despite it being disabled. REALLY looking forward to the update. Also, if anybody remembers Geostigma (Dumb Apple around these parts), she managed to get tickets to the Pokémon GO Live event, so I'll be posting whatever cool stuff she experiences from there if I can't harass her into posting it here on her own. :awesomonster:

I really like the Unique Pokéstop look a lot. (I really hope that they implement a change to them after they spin that isn't just a colour change from Blue to Purple that makes it easier to tell for everyone).

A tiny little bit sad that I'll never get gold on the Gym-related badges that're getting frozen, but that is what it is. Also glad that I'll FINALLY have a use for Nanab Berries to maintain Gym presence, since I just end up tossing them 90% of the time now. Also, all the mechanics to discourage Gyms from stagnating (Badges = better items & bonuses only when your Pokemon returns) are friggin' GENIUS.

I'm also looking forward to doing Raids, but it'll be interesting to see if you can raid with members of any team or only within your actual team – it seems like they're team agnostic. I have a bunch of friends in Valor & Instinct that we roll around with when we play, and it'd be cool to be able to all join in on a raid.

EDIT: Looks like there might be some new Gyms in your area, too: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...h_of_nearby_stops_have_been_replaced_by_gyms/

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Holy shit 20K Gengar? No wonder you need 20 people :monster:

I'm kinda torn. On the one hand, now only having 6 people in a gym is still limiting.. it doesn't seem to be like it'll limit how many gyms you can take again either, so Yellow may reign supreme in my town again. The whole "first person" in the gym is first attacked is also strange.. don't want to get too excited and jump in head first but also don't want to lose a spot. It seems though, that with the whole motivation thing, like it'll take even longer to take gyms. A single pokemon may need multiple battles to lower it's motivation but the person owning it can come back and pump it up? Hrmm..

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
A not-insubstantial number of Pokéstops've also become Gyms to make up for the 10-to-a-Gym being changed to 6-to-a-Gym. My work has two within walking distance of it now, which is extra awesome. On top of that, all Gyms being spinnable like Stops, and offering better items for getting Gym badges is really awesome.

I think that Gyms will be more of an active and less of a stagnant thing for a number of reasons:
• Fewer people per gym.
• Raids resetting it but offering big rewards in exchange for doing so.
• PokéCoins being dependent on length assigned to Gym, and only being received when your Pokémon comes back from said Gym.
• All of this making it easier to keep your Pokémon powered up, rather than just having them chilling on a Gym for ages in a "set it and forget it" type thing.

The team-up with other players synergy this's added is something I really like:
• Allowing ANYONE on any Team to group up for Raids in both Public & Private Groups.
• Anybody can give the Gym Pokémon berries to help maintain Gyms for your own team, and your Pokeémon don't have to be micromanaged by you personally.
• Having a strong Gym benefits from having a little team squad and placing Pokémon on the Gym in a specific order, which is pretty neat for planning, especially given that you can only have one of each particular Pokémon per Gym making combat more interesting.

The raids really interest me, specifically when it comes to catching the Raid Boss. Early speculation is that they'll have higher IVs (like eggs do), and that you'll be able to see their moveset when you fight them. While you can only attempt to catch them with Premiere Balls (that you get as a reward depending on how well you do against the boss), I'm curious if you keep them in your inventory, or if they last only for that Raid.

I'm nothing but excited the more I read about it. I think that there's also a benefit that businesses that're Gyms also get to have players spin for items at them, and could benefit from Raids similarly to how ones with stops use Lures. It'll be interesting to see if we see any events like that happen.

Speaking of events: During the Pokémon GO Live event, there's apparently gonna be things that all the other players can do to contribute. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out and how those events could work in the future.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
One thing I don't like about the new coins system is that, if you can only collect them back then they return to you... what if they never do? Rumour has it that it'll still cap at 100 coins per day. So what if they don't return? What then?

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
As much as I'm loving all the updates ... I can't lie, I'm loving THIS even more. :lol:

With the announcement of Raid Battles and the new battle features, we are staying true on our commitment to ensuring that Pokémon GO continues to be a fun and fair experience for all Trainers. Starting today, Pokémon caught using third-party services that circumvent normal gameplay will appear marked with a slash in the inventory and may not behave as expected. We are humbled by the excitement for all the new features we announced yesterday.This is one small part of our continued commitment to maintaining the integrity of our community and delivering an amazing Pokémon GO experience.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/6ihyl6/update_on_pokémon_caught_using_thirdparty/

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
One thing I don't like about the new coins system is that, if you can only collect them back then they return to you... what if they never do? Rumour has it that it'll still cap at 100 coins per day. So what if they don't return? What then?

Given that Raids kick everyone off of the Gym and replace them with a Raid Boss, that simply can't happen, though. Gyms will regularly refresh, which guarantees that your Pokémon will always come back at some point, unlike the previous gym system.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Gyms are apparently up and running!! https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/877974691062968321

PSA: You'll want to give a berry to all the mons on the gym – including yours when you add one, because all of their CP goes down a tiny bit whenever a new Pokémon goes on the Gym.

It looks like Flags show up when the total CP passes a certain number:
• 2985+2682+2882= 8549 (has flags)
• 2992+2362+1686= 7040 (no flags)

Also, it looks like ideal defenders might change a bit, but we'll see how that holds:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/6ite8z/big_6_gym_tanks_chart/
• https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...5_defenders_ranking_list_with_ideal_movesets/

Raids active for levels 35+ https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/878052805243752448

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Sweet. Grinding really came in handy for once :monster:

Jumped into a couple gyms. Not sure if my other team members are aware of it yet as I don't/aren't in contact with them. We're all spread out but there's a good 6 of us that were very active, plus my out of town friends.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
It'll be good to see how these two gyms hold. Also, the Item limit has been raised from 1000 to 1500, so that you can hold all the insane amounts of berries you need to help maintain your gyms.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Just went out with my housemate to try out the new Gym system. I think it's pretty neat, and I'm already loving all of the Pokemon diversity that I'm seeing out there. And we're both extremely excited for when Raids are released.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
More fun fact about the new setup:
• Gym banners drop when it drop below 8000 total CP to help you track weaker gyms to be able to take them down, or boost them up.
• Because you see all 6 Pokémon at once, it's easier for them to show up in shadow mode in your Pokédex now.
• Dat attrition doe. My Tyranitar was basically at 0 when I woke up at 8 this morning, and I had her maxed at 5PM, and I don't think that gym's been attacked yet.

Also: Raids just went to Level 31+

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Things I've learned over the day because this fucking game keeps changing shit up

- Coins went from being 1 coin per hour to 1 coin per 10 mins
- Coins went from being max 100 collectible per day, to 50 per day (because of above)
- A Pokemon will lose about 1cp per 10 mins or so.. but 3000+ CP Pokemon will fully decay/die in 5-6 hours (to prevent overpowered gyms)
- Raids are fucking hard. Me and 4 other players tried to take down a 26K Venusaur and tried about 4 times... couldn't be done. Definitely need more.
- The pass you buy in the shop vs the pass you get free for a day... the one in the shop lets you keep trying in a raid as many times in that 1 hr time limit. Vs I think the one you get a day lets you try just once. Not sure cause I used that one on a 5000CP Crocanaw lol.

holy fuck are the raids hard

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
It's a little weird to me that the 3000+ CP Pokémon lose motivation so quickly when Gyms already don't allow more than one of the same type of Pokémon, so they can't possibly be as strong as 6 slots in one of the old Gyms.

I'll have ta see if any raids happen while I'm downtown tomorrow and report back. Good to know that there's a significant challenge, and a proper squad is needed (and why they support up to 20 people).

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I have a gripe about the 3000CP Pokemon too, doesn't make sense but eh... what can you do.

Yeah when you're signing into it, it's got a recommended number of people - I mean, we took a 17K Arcanine down with 3 and it said 13 but with enough suped up Vaporeons you're okay. That Venusaur and later a Blastoise we saw also 24K and we were down to 3 so we got nerfed.. yeah it's definitely a challenge.

Philco

Pro Adventurer
The 3000CP thing doesn't make sense to me either... seems excessive.

Managed to take part in a couple of raids this weekend. A group of three of us were trying to battle a 22K Alakazam but one of our group kept getting error messages and kicked out of the battle just as it was about to start. Think we could've just beaten it otherwise. We had better luck against a level 2 difficulty Electabuzz the next day though.

We had trouble when taking over gyms together as well. Only one person could add their pokemon to the newly defeated gym and then the game insisted that "This gym is under attack!" and no one else could add theirs? At least not for 10-20 minutes or so.

Buuut we did have fun when we happened to circle back round to one of our gyms just as it was being attacked. We used up a lot of berries but succeeded in defending it :lol:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Wrecked through a Raid with two other people from my work – we took out a Muk & all caught it. Other than Dragonite (which I could evolve as I have 113 candies and a Dragonair but I'm waiting for 12 more to evolve a better Dratini), I now have all the Kanto Pokémon aside from the region-specific Farfech'd & Kangaskhan.

:awesomonster:

Also, this article makes me so happy: http://kotaku.com/pokemon-go-players-are-making-themed-gyms-with-the-new-1796402866

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
My local fb group managed to start a messenging group for raids. there's only about 12 of us total and some out of towers.. 7 of us met up for a Tyranitar raid and I was late cause me and Mr Channy were fixing the well. I had 30 mins left and they were there waiting so I rushed all sweaty and gross but we got it and only 2 of us caught it (yay me) xD

At first I thought the team bonus after a raid was for how many team members you had but it's actually who deals the most damage. There were 4 mystics, 2 Instinct and 2 Valor (wait.. 8 then?) and Instinct had the most damage. I'm the highest level by almost 3-4 over everyone and they all just looked at me ike, "wow, you just carried us. Good thing we waited."

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I definitely see their point.... I just made Porygon my walking buddy, because, while I currently have everything in the dex, including Porygon2, I know getting it to PorygoonZ come gen 4 is going to be super hard. So I wanted to get a head start on it. And I'm halfway through to Porygon2 again... but now I've got 61 Rare candies from all the raids I've been doing and I did look at it today and think, 'well... I could just use those.'

I'm not sure if the majority of players have already thought of this yet. And besides, the raids aren't always a gaurantee. We've done 2 Tyranitar raids with some friends and none of them caught it the first time - but they caught it yesterday which was a first for many of them. Sometimes you just aren't lucky in all the raids and don't catch em.

Top Bottom