TLS Vs Binding Coil Preparation Thread

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
^Except accessories. You can only get those from chests in coil. Which is a shame as most of those look great (especially the High Allagan ones). And there's even 3 different color variations of both the Allagan and High Allagan sets...

And the Allagan/High Allagan weapons... the Replica versions of them dye very well if you want sci-fi weapons.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
If I had written this post, no one would have thanked it. So thanks for telling them this :desu:
:ohdear:

Just as a heads up people. The server is having some real issues right now, particularly with the Duty Finder and instances in general. It seems like it's getting worse (people getting kicked out of queues, getting game breaking bugs, etc.) so we might have some issues tonight.

Still happy to get people together and give it a try! ^_^ Just be aware there's no guarantee we'll even load into the raid :closedmonster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
i might be kinda busy this afternoon/evening, idk. Still catching up on housework and have some stuff I have to do outside, but it's so hot I have to wait til evening. :closedmoster: Not sure when exactly people want to try this (if the game will even let us XD) but if someone can give me a heads up preferably an hour before people wanna do it, that'd be great. I'll likely be going back and forth from working round the house to checking my tv and whatnot.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Does that have anything to do with the reason I'm now having to download a 23 GB patch?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I doubt it. I haven't had to download any patches of that size recently.

I was able to make it through the first Stormblood dungeon despite the Duty Finder difficulties. It was fun. And because queueing took so long I levelled up my Warrior from 39 to 44, almost 45. ^_^

Lex

Administrator
Does that have anything to do with the reason I'm now having to download a 23 GB patch?

If you're having to download a 23GB patch it means you're redownloading the game as a result of data corruption. It can happen on the PS4 version sometimes. If you're playing on PC it's a game cache thing.

Please note that when it's finished you'll have to start the client, download more patches, then when you login all your locally stored stuff (hotbar, HUD, gearsets) will have to be done again.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^that sounds horrendous :closedmonster:

I think the duty finder and whatnot is fixed now. Was able to do leveling almost instantly. Of course, it gets fixed super late :wacky:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Someone will have to take my place as healer because I won't be playing again until Friday at the earliest. If you do see me online it'll be because I'm checking my retainers from a remote computer with a shockingly low framerate. :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I have much more free time to do this today, so I'm up for it if everyone else is. :)

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I'll be on in a few hours... which for me is this afternoon and for most of us is late at night/early mourning...

I will be listening in to Discord, but I probably won't be saying much as I live with a bunch of people in a house with zip soundproofing...

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Please note that when it's finished you'll have to start the client, download more patches, then when you login all your locally stored stuff (hotbar, HUD, gearsets) will have to be done again.

NJbXX.gif

But thank you, Lex, for that explanation. :monster:

Lex

Administrator
If T9 ever happens, don't do Mario Kart strat. I remember people doing this and it's pointless and stupid (but also fun).

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I think we should probably focus on Coil once the ridiculous queues have vanished. It's unfair to have people log on and queue for hours because we might get together to tackle it.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
How about this coming Sunday, two days from now? Queues have come right down and the servers have stabilised a lot. Also, just as importantly, I'm available. :awesome:

Since it's short notice, we might not be able to roll with the eight who originally signed up, but I'm hoping we'll be able to get a full party together in some form or other. I now have at least one job in each role at level 50 so I can fill any space necessary. And I'd be happy to run it again with anyone who misses out this time. What do you think?

Top Bottom