Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
And THAT is why it's such a good move, for them to do what they're doing. They saw just how popular this thing became and they're going all out with it.

I mean, I'm a bit pissed I don't have the time to keep up with it all and that makes me feel bitter, but at the same time it's cool they keep adding all that stuff!! :)

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I'm tempted to play Rad Racer music during that offroad course just to brag Square has gone full circle.

And I'm hoping FFVII Remake gets the same treatment.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Windows Edition demo released 12hs ago, so far here are two small adjustments to the game:

BYcu6Hc.jpg

DW-4B_NX4AIDv6J

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm indifferent to the map fog, but I'm hoping these adjustments to the Ascension grid don't carry over to the final product, though I expect they will. I can't say I like those at all. For people new to the game, that's not going to be much better than the FFXII License Board.

Sure, you'll at least be able to guess that the next nodes are probably related to the ones you currently have activated near them , but you still won't be able to really plan out your Ascension path (unless you check online, I suppose). Not a good change.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Well, I don't recall the Ascension paths locking you out of anything (like FFXIII did), so I assume it's meant to surprise people, more than anything else.

And besides which, I STILL haven't completed my grid yet even after all this time, which should tell people that you have a lot of AP grinding ahead anyway.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I think that it'd be helpful to know how hovering over those nodes looks and if they provide you any context for upcoming abilities, such that it's still understandable.

X :neo:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
And besides which, I STILL haven't completed my grid yet even after all this time, which should tell people that you have a lot of AP grinding ahead anyway.
In it's vanilla form grinding AP took a lot of time but now you can get 100-999 AP by just doing the timed quest (depending on which quest you do) which, as of patch 1.21 can now be played offline.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I think that it'd be helpful to know how hovering over those nodes looks and if they provide you any context for upcoming abilities, such that it's still understandable.

I watched some gameplay videos to find out. The not-yet-activated/blacked-out nodes tell you what they are and how much AP they cost, of course, but the ones that are far away (i.e. those displayed as small, glowing circles) don't offer any information.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Pre-Downloads for Windows Edition is up now.

Small heads up, this pre-download will overwrite the W.E Demo files.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Patch Notes

Size: 3.839 GB (PS4); 4.74 (XB1)

Version 1.23
  • Addition of new Comrades quests (exclusive to COMRADES)
  • Implementation of new Royal Sigils (exclusive to COMRADES)
  • Introduction of chocobo breeding features (exclusive to COMRADES)
  • Addition of new trophies (exclusive to COMRADES)
  • Addition of a scene to Chapter 5
  • Various bug fixes
Version 1.22
  • Addition of compatibility with FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL PACK
  • Inclusion of character dossiers (accessible from the Archives)
  • Announcement of winning snapshots from fourth photo contest (viewable at Mother of Pearl at Galdin Quay)
  • Implementation of new quests in Chapter 10
  • Various bug fixes

• New dialogues.
  • You can skip the train sequence instead of having to wait for it to arrive at the station.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Additional note about the winning snapshots for the fourth photo contest:

BlindingAwesomeness (moderator at the FFXV sub-reddit, and an awesome FFXV fan I've mentioned here numerous times) was one of the winners.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I want to know what the Chapter 5 additional scene is now. I'm wondering if it's tying into some of the main game's extra Insomnia stuff.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
  • New dialogues.
  • You can skip the train sequence instead of having to wait for it to arrive at the station.

That must have been patched earlier,
I got the option a while ago by talking to Ignis

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Has the Load Time improved? I hit a wall for growth and it took me forever to grind.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So, I stayed home and played a SHITTON of the new Comrades update – since it went live today, and you don't need the Royal Pack to play it.

• The level cap is at 99 now, instead of 50, and there're a ton of missions at all levels.
> The higher level ones have some that make really good grinding. Just messing about with all the new content, I managed to hit 60 today.
• You can disassemble any upgrades you've added to weapons to respec any unique weapons, and apparently if you've upgraded a weapon really far, sometimes it'll create unique stuff for ya.
> There're some new singularly unique weapons available, like Kain's Lance. That's a weapon that I cannot wait to max out. Interestingly it's located in a place that you can't reach in the main game, It's at the bottom of the massive lake by Callatein's Plunge.
• Chocobo Breeding is a little bit annoyingly RNG, but it's definitely not bad. Also, the fact that you can catch them on random missions gives higher level players a reason to go back to other missions and gives newer players a better chance of randomly running into high level players and getting assistance.
> Upgrading chocobos is a lot like maxing out weapon stats, but with some chance for them to go poorly. I didn't manage to figure it out while on my first chocobo, which I'm a little sad about. Also, some of them max at lower levels like weapons. No way to find until you try.
• There are Chocobo battles, but I wasn't tried out any of those yet.
• Additionally, there's a mission in the Future with the main cast. Haven't done any of that yet, but according to the trophy, you can do it with all four members.
• The harder stuff is a SHITTON of fun, and oftentimes involves tactics along with strength. I managed to get through the Level 99 mission at level 60 with some careful planning and timing with only one other human player.
> The Norduscaen Garrison opens up finally, and if you go there, there's a quest mission that lets you attempt to solo a MAX Angelus-0. So, you know... you'll never be wanting for things to do.
• The new Sigils seem pretty rad.
> I especially liked Gravity and think it'd be INSANE when paired with a good Mage, but it doesn't really fit my playstyle.

I'm probably gonna spend more time in Comrades rather than the main game for a bit, since I figure that'll benefit the most from additional players, whereas the main game stuff can be done whenever. I'll probably give it a week or so before really committing to maxing out on grinding and FINALLY building some OPAF gear, to let the folks who're best at this figure out what stats out best with all of the new items and such.

Top Bottom