• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS and Social Networking

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Youtube is kind of the devil for weird stuff like that. I've heard places like Blip and Vimeo are way more lenient, but are not as commonly used.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I'm still not clear on how he's had full OST's up on his channel for like 6 years while others who post the same OST's have them taken down. I assume his videos aren't monetised, are you saying that's what makes the difference?

Really depends if an employee at SE gives a fuck :monster:

I assume his videos aren't monetised, are you saying that's what makes the difference?[

If that content gets a hit by the CID then you dont even get the option to monetize it. The monetization already gets set up in favor the owner by the time the hit goes through.

Using a record company as an example.

The way it works is Record Company (henceforth RC) goes to a page on youtube and uploads all of their artists content into the CID. Now that its there youtube knows to look for certain signatures in a video, album art , parts of songs etc. If it gets a hit it immediately removes the option to monetize that content from who ever uploaded it and sends the ad revenue to the RC.

Ever wonder whats happening when a video is "processing" when its at 99% done uploading to youtube? :monster:

The system how ever isn't perfect and things get through and thats why reporting and manual DMCA's exist (though they are far to often used maliciously).

On top of this its also in the Content Owners best interest to let a few slip through the cracks. They are after all making money off of someone else taking the time to upload and catalog their content.

Some companies are also not into what can be called Cannibalizing revenue.
Since dat youtube money relies on ads being watched and a shit ton of other variables (demographic, click through , where you live , what time you watched it how much you watched it etc.) Some believe it's in there best interest to keep content in a centralized location (See : VEVO) and generally will half assedly issue DMCA's to reuploaders of content.

It's like if you have a pizza hut in town and another pizza hut opens across the street. It's not like profits are going to double right? By doing that there is a real possibility that both may close etc.

So as to why some uploaders dont get taken down while others do? The above could be true.

On top of this for the most part a majority of DMCA's are manual take downs. It's up to a human being somewhere to go down a list of content that got picked up on the CID and decide it stays up or not.

So in the end idk who sparkey is but I would wager he's mostly untouched due to one of the reasons above.

Last edited:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
On a side note: Claymore's Opinion piece broke 2,000 views in less than 24 hours. Kudos to that. Granted about 20 of those views were me watching it / showing it to people over and over again.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I'm genuinely shocked. I can't believe it has gotten such traction so fast. Guess it shows that there's room for having video content up on the site.

I know I've said this before, but kudos again to whoever is in charge of Facebook. I'm loving the updates. It feels so great that so many people are coming back to VII and the fandom.

Pixel

The Pixie King
I might have to stop posting stuff to reddit. Im gonna end up getting banned for spamming. Its a shame, because that place has driven a lot of people to our content.

Lex

Administrator
I can post stuff to reddit too (and have done). I was actually going to suggest opening a sub a while ago but I mean... Reddit is a discussion board and we want people to come here. Linksharing is good though.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Yeah, just stay away from /gamig and /games. They just label it as spam without looking at it as a discussion topic same with /ffviiremake. /finalfantasy is the only place i would bother with.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I might have to stop posting stuff to reddit. Im gonna end up getting banned for spamming. Its a shame, because that place has driven a lot of people to our content.

As long as you are posting the content on Reddit with in reason you are fine.
I.e. As long as you post it and allow the content to be judged and voted upon fairly, like don't post it > See its not getting upvotes>Delete > repost you should be ok.

That and other forms of vote manipulation (like getting 10 of your friends to upvote it with in a minute of posting) are really the only real reasons why people get shadow banned on reddit. Asking for upvotes via social media is also a huge nono. I.e. posting a link on twitter and saying "Hey go upvote this!" or "Hey im arguing with this guy here!" will get you shadowbanned quick.

How ever saying "Hey I posted this go discuss it here!" is not :monster:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditD...discussion_and_levelheaded_moderation/cb7eaul

Or you are are advertising your own content. As long as you didn't make the content you should be fine posting it up :monster:

As an example an editor at Surrender@20 posts up his sites content (patchnotes etc.) on the LoL subreddit all of the time and its fine since he didn't write it :monster:

If it happens for any other reason its due to power tripping mods on small boards which the shadow ban only counts for that specific board and not site wide and is incredibly easy to get over turned by the admins as they can see if you were up to no good or not.

But TL;DR you can't get banned for just posting content all the time. That's the point of reddit.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Gabriel... you seem to know everything about everything...

Are you... the God of the Internet?

Top Bottom