How was the Compilation received in Japan?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I've been wondering about how the Japanese fans view it, do they think it's the best thing since sliced.... er..sashimi? Or are they as grumbly about it as western fans can be or what?

Anyone have any idea?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I've never given this any thought before, but I would be curious to know as well.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Well, I read up that when Advent Children was made, Nomura wanted the film to be a different path far from the Western films and have it filled with loaded questions and when fans finish watching it, they were to enjoy it and talk to friends about their own conclusions.

But it was still better than Final Fantasy: Spirits Within, they say.

I'm not sure if I'm wrong, I'll have to check it up again, but I think I read up that Before Crisis was a success in Japan for mobile gamers or the opposite.

Dirge of Cerberus was a bit of a bomb due to the Gun-Fight role play, but it was a cool story.

Crisis Core was a success of course. But then again, it's ending which was the opening of the original game is what made everyone demand for the remake because of the graphics.

I'm probably wrong, so I'll double check.

Edit: Went back and it's confirmed that Before Crisis was highly popular in Japan, and on the first day of operation, 200,000 gamers registered and was accessed 1.6 million times back in 2004 and was still highly popular in 2006. It was actually this game that led to the creations of Type-0 and other Final Fantasy mobile titles today.

Last edited:

hian

Purist
Well looking at sales and reviews, they were generally received well.

When it comes to my personal interaction with Japanese fans, it's a fairly even split like here in the west.

There's a lot of fans here who're actually bigger fans of Advent Children than the actual game, and who's primary wish for a remake resulted from a desire to see the game looking and feeling exactly like AC.

There's a also a fair share of purists, who thinks everything except the original is garbage.

It's a mixed salad.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
There's a lot of fans here who're actually bigger fans of Advent Children than the actual game, and who's primary wish for a remake resulted from a desire to see the game looking and feeling exactly like AC.

Well thats fucking weird :monster:

But I guess it's heartening to see that it isn't all that different in Japan.

Top Bottom