• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Ok, there's something we need to talk about

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
For some reason, if they added jiggle physics then a lot of people will forget about her actual character.

Lex

Administrator
honestly, if they did in a subtle and reserved way that wouldn't really be a major issue. iirc kh birth by sleep had it? or so i've read, but it was that slight if it is there that it's not a big deal and doesn't look ridiculous and tacky like how lulu's breasts sway side to side in ffx or tifa's in dissidia or emina in type-0 (who is wearing a uniform that doesn't look loose or flexible but whatdoyouknow, they jiggle if she so much as turns to the side). i haven't played ffxv so i don't know what they've been doing lately. most of the time boobs in video games seem possessed, moving all over the place and in every direction even when the character is stood still. seriously, tape those things down

but if you have to do it for the sake of 'realism' (lol) then let's get some of that on the men too. muscles jiggle with movement too.

tumblr_n7qogjVHog1rj540wo3_r1_500.gif

Well yeah this, the issue is that they have a proven track record of doing it wrong. Why is "jiggle physics" even a thing, I can't believe the amount of serious discussion it ends up getting everywhere.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I wouldn't mind breast physics if they were ACTUAL physics. What sets "jiggle physics" apart in my mind is that they aren't reflective of reality. It's like bowling balls inside pillowcases. Breasts aren't separate from the body, attached by skin-bags. They are part of the body. When they bounce, they warp and wave. They don't become basketballs on bungee cords. We haven't had the technology to properly implement glandular movement of that complexity. I don't know the PS4's (let's face it, PS5's) capabilities yet, but until a bouncing video game character looks like this:

and not this

The game will only embarrass itself.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That Captan 'Murca dude running does remind me though; I wonder when we'll have realistic muscle movement etc in video games. I know they're doing it in CG movies nowadays (and iirc have been since Jurrassic Park). nvidia has a physics technology involving hair (see Witcher 3), so that's another step in the right direction. IIRC armor in video games has steadily improved too, being physically separated from the underlying character model (instead of stretching with movement, that's not how plate armor works <_<).

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I'm not offended by jiggleage personally, bewbs move, even buff man-pecs move. But when it's unrealistic eg. the boobs get up 3 seconds before the rest of the body - it gets kind of stupid- not offensive to me, but stupid nonetheless. And I think all but the most extreme basement dwelling weeb is going to find it a bit embarrassing.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I do get kind of annoyed with this,partly because no one will believe any man saying 'I'm playing this for the story' if the scene has this kind of physics.

Top Bottom