Expressing My Appreciation

jacoobmiller

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jmills or Jacoob
Has there ever been any other game, FF or not, that captures the emotional appeal that FFVII does? I know I'm not the only person who has been impacted, not only by the franchise, but speficically FFVII. This legendary game not only hits me in the feels, but also forces me to need more of it. I'm in awe, it's such a beautiful masterpiece. Lastly, I can't believe how well Advent Children portrayed each character.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I too am emotionally drawn to FFVII. It has changed the way I look at the environment, at memory and identity, at mortality and the beauty of life. The characters are rich and multifaceted (Something you didn't see too often in the 90s) and the backgrounds and music are both superb. The materia system is fun to explore and rewarding to master.

Yeah! It's a great game! :)

RedFFWolf

Donator
Hello there! Warmest of welcomes to TLS :)

Yup, it sure leaves an impact on me, too. I think, for me, it generates one of the best atmospheres of any game I've ever played, especially on account of tracks such as "Anxious Heart" and "On that Day, 5 Years Ago", capturing scenes so well with effectively manged music direction, subtle movements and sound effects, as well as dialogue and even the text's delivery of such (for example, how some characters make movements before text appears, or how the Train Conductor's lines about the plate falling in Sector 7 are delivered one after the other instead of a box of text) - things like those that unite to deliver a heartfelt, real experience (even in those times it was completely unnatural :P)

I'm not crazy about Advent Children, as a film. There was nothing quite like it back when it first came out, but its appeal quickly died out for me as I grew. Nonetheless, I still enjoy seeing all the main cast like that, albeit with what little screentime most received.

Lex

Administrator
It really did have a profound impact on my life for so many reasons. Not the least of which is that it got me through a really tumultuous and scary time when I was young (internal psychological development etc).

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I thought FFVII was okay :monster:. I had played VIII quite a while before, figured I should play it before I could join ACF properly and know wtf AC was about.

ten years later I run pay for the bestest FFVII related website evar :monster:

Chacun a son gout. As for me, I've never found a game that matched its emotional appeal or ability to provoke thought. I'd rather have a game that raises questions than one that provides answers.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
NAME AWAY, I'M LOOKING FOR SOME MORE GOOD TIMES. :D
1. Final Fantasy X
2. Final Fantasy IX
3. Shadow of the Colossus
4. ICO
5. Persona 3
6. Persona 4
7. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
8. Chrono Trigger
9. Cave Story
10. Silent Hill 2
11. The Last of Us
12. Tales of the Abyss
13. Kingdom Hearts
14. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
15.Ôkami
16. Beyond Good and Evil

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Indeed, Cloud's backstory in Nibelheim had especially resonated with me because I, too, was that loner kid who was in desperate need of a friend but was too shy to do anything about it. I also appreciate that you're essentially forced to empathise with a bunch of terrorists, haha.

The only other games that have hit me in a similar way in terms of feels have been Telltale's "The Walking Dead" and "Papers, Please." "Papers, Please" messed me up big time. I'm currently playing "Firewatch" and I feel like that's going to mess me up in similar ways.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Oh god, Papers, Please! I had to stop playing it, it raised my anxiety levels too high.

Haha, I feel lame for only just answering this a week later, but I had to say: RIIIIIIGHT???? I can't even hear that haunting theme song without my heart picking up the pace. TT___TT

Glory to Arstotzka!

edit: I just ordered a Papers Please t-shirt <_<

I told myself I would stop splurging on fan gear but darnnit!!!! Tempting me!!

Top Bottom