FFVII REMAKE vs POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lex

Administrator
Thanks for deleting it, Pixel. I would rather be attached to a website that mocks abusers rather than victims.

Which is precisely how it could have been read, given what it was in response to. Which is exactly why Pixel was reasonable to feel that yourself and Lex were overreacting. You both loaded that sentence with your own meaning for it, and had decided what it meant without asking -- and more importantly, without assuming good faith of someone you've both known for years. Which is the only way to read your comments.

That in mind, who made the uncool moves here? Who didn't practice their own admonishment to be professional, or even as much as friendly?

Also, Lex: No, "triggered" did not come from "alt-right mocking of the term that was seriously used for years to describe PTSD from trauma such as rape etc." As your very sentence notes, the term was in use for years "to describe PTSD from trauma such as rape" before it came to be used in a negative way, and it continues to be used that way. It's also used to mock people when they use it in a manner consistent with "mocking of the term that was seriously used for years to describe PTSD from trauma such as rape" -- same as "Do you need a safe space?" is used to mock those "triggered" by innocuous matters involving LGBT people (e.g. the rather low key LGBT representation in the new "Beauty and the Beast").

You guys decided yourselves that definition b must be in use here rather than definition c. If you feel that either usage warrants broaching a discussion of whether "official TLS stuff" should use the word (or other culturally, socially, etc. loaded words) in either capacity, then that's all well and good. There's still a right way to begin that conversation. For reference, see how I responded to Ite's first comment. You'll notice that it wasn't "lol cry moar, snowflake" or anything about safe spaces.

Please (please) consider this going forward.

No.

- I don't give a shit about the context. I've already explained that I understand Pixel did not mean to be offensive. That doesn't change the perception of TLS, which is what really matters here.
- This is not the first time this has happened, which is the reason for the tone of my post. I am justifiably frustrated, and I will not apologise for posting as such.
- Where the discussion in this thread has gone is living proof of the road I'm trying to avoid this place going down, and it makes me ill that you won't recognise that.

Nothing more needs to be said about this in here.

so yeah, maybe avoid jokes popular with internet edgelords like 'omg r u triggered??' to avoid attracting a mess like this

As fucking usual Hito says it with less words and in a far better way than I can. I love you Hito.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
- Where the discussion in this thread has gone is living proof of the road I'm trying to avoid this place going down, and it makes me ill that you won't recognise that.

Yeah, I shouldn't have even bothered responding to any of that. I had a lapse in judgement.

I'll be deleting that last post of mine anyway, I don't like it when emotions get the better of me on the internet. I just can't stand people who try and stir up drama for the hell of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom