Rumour: Possible first hint that XVI is in development

Lex

Administrator
Linky

Summary: anonymous company that could only be Square Enix based on location looking for a 2D artist to "work on the concepts of towns, fields, dungeons, background props like furniture and emblems, vehicles, weapons, items and map icons." for a game series described as "having created “huge RPGs” and having launched online games as well. It has a digital entertainment business that provides “high quality games with unique world views” and delivered “a large number of million-sellers.” "

interesting

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
5GaKIgp.gif

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
If this is true, then I hope XVI will go back to the more traditional methods of Final Fantasy, like FF1, ect., because while I love the FFVII franchise(including the Compilation) and FFXV is admittedly pretty good too(still far better than the XIII trilogy), I'm kind of getting tired of the modern world of Final Fantasy games.

I mean, not make it too medievil, but at the same time, not too modern either. Make it more fantasy and not reality for the next main title of the franchise.

And make a good storyline that isn't rushed and I do hope that Square doesn't hire Nomura for this job and it takes another decade like FFXV did(back when it was Versus XIII).

Edit: One more thing, please don't make it another MMO like FFXI and FFXIV(Realm Reborn, Heavensward, Stormblood, ect.) for PCs and such. Please Square.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I'm kind of getting tired of the modern world of Final Fantasy games.

I mean, not make it too medievil, but at the same time, not too modern either. Make it more fantasy and not reality for the next main title of the franchise.

Ehh idk.

I think they do a good job of balancing out the world building across games.

Sure All three FFXIII and FFXV games were not medieval etc, but FFX, XI , XII, and XIV are certainly not in that futuristic theme either.
I'd be fine with either tbh.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney

Ehh idk.

Sure All three FFXIII and FFXV games were not medieval etc, but FFX, XI , XII, and XIV are certainly not in that futuristic theme either.

I say we do just the opposite. Let's go whole hog.

FINAL FANTASYYYYYYYYYY. INNNNNNNNN. SPAAAAAAAAAAACE.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe

Ehh idk.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Edit: One more thing, please don't make it another MMO like FFXI and FFXIV(Realm Reborn, Heavensward, Stormblood, ect.) for PCs and such. Please Square.

I really don't think they'd make FFXIV an MMO, seeing as XIV is still very popular, alive, and getting new stuff all the time. Like Stormblood. and me :awesome:
(In general though I also hope they don't have another MMO released in the next few years; maybe XVIII can be one :wacky:)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
They already did IN SPACE!111 in VIII, :monster:

Mind you I wouldn't mind if they went back.

I for one would just like them to be not as ambitious about this. Just do the game, release it within three years, and get working on the next. They had the creativity to churn out four 40-60+ hour games in the span of 5ish years (five if you add a year and XI). I mean not saying the XIII trilogy wasn't creative, but... sequels.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy

Didn't IV and VIII have that? :monster:

I'd be surprised if they weren't at least in some development. 13 was already announced with a trailer before 12 was released and pretty much every game prior to that was in development before the game preceding it was released. Granted, they have some big ticket games going on already but still.

Top Bottom