Orphan Black was the best show currently on television and why haven't you watched it yet?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Yessssss. Binge-watch it into Season 4, fgj!!!

Caught up now, and maaaaaaaaaaan things're awesome, and new and weird. I also forgot how excellent this show is at punching me right in my emotional core.

X :neo:

Lex

Administrator
I'm halfway through season 3. I saw Carlie's comment about too much going on prior to starting in it and I agree a bit, but I'm enjoying it a lot more than I did season 2? Idk. Like there are entire plots I feel could be cut out completely without losing any substance whatsoever, but I don't hate any of it. Except that one stupid thing that kind of annoys me, but I literally don't even know what it is right now. I know how random that statement was :monster:

Anyway something I noticed today and pointed out to Carlsberg, Orphan Black is a "Netflix Original". Which makes no sense because no it's fucking not :monster:

But it actually is. Outside North America on Netflix it's shown as "Netflix Original series Orphan Black" meaning Netflix has the latest episodes (up to season 4 episode 4 right now last I checked). I checked out why this is (because it's a BBC original, hello), but it turns out Netflix purchased the "international" broadcasting rights. It's just bizarre that it's masquerading as "Netflix Original" in the UK when it's a BBC production. I mean, BBC America, but it's still the bloody BBC XD. TV licensing is bizarre.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Related, is there anywhere decent to be able to watch the current season on the internets? I don't want to buy them digitally, since I end up getting them on BluRay when they're released, and I don't think that any of the streaming services that I've got (in the US) have the current episodes as a part of the thing they're doing. :\

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I mean it's still a very good season just not as good as it could've been if it hadn't been so overstuffed. On the other hand
we lost boring military guy
, hopefully that screentime will be given to something we actually care about.

X legally amazon prime video has them but I think the new episodes have to be rented.

Lex

Administrator
I'm up to date. Might wait until the season is done to watch the rest, as-yet unsure :monster:

I'm liking season 4 a lot so far - it feels more like the first season than the last two have, IMO. Random thoughts about it so far:
- Rachel's storyline is already the one that I'm most interested in seeing play out. Not being allied with the clone club clones while also being pretty hostile to Susan puts her in an interesting position; the whole weird "family" situation with her, Charlotte, Susan, and Ira has the potential to be really interesting.
- The flashbacks are a really nice touch - it's good to see more of Beth. Interesting that Beth seems to have found out a lot about Neolution but not as much about Leda itself (or did she? :monster:).
- I feel like I need to go back and watch season 2 and 3 again because I'm kind of hazy about the details of the whole Leda/Duncan/Neolution/Dyad backstory. How high up on the Neolution totem pole was Leekie? For some reason, from the past seasons, I got the impression that he was the spokesperson but not necessarily at the top of the hierarchy, but I could definitely be remembering stuff wrong - I know he set the fire and took Rachel, but was he working for Susan or did he mean to kill her, too? If the idea was to kill both Duncans without damaging the original genome then his plan certainly... backfired. :awesome:
- Not a fan of how creepy Kira is (I realize her sullenness this season is reaction to the situation she's put in, but she always has sort of been kind of unsettling, IMO). I'm kind of iffy on her precog abilities (although at least they were implied right from the start of the series rather than coming out of nowhere), but I think it's the creepiness that bothers me more. The precog stuff (especially now that it seems to be literal visions of the future) still is strange for a show that tries to stay closer to the harder side of sci-fi. Have any of the clones demonstrated anything like Kira's abilities?
- All this talk about Sarah needing to find a doctor who can remove the cheek maggot is setting up for Delphine's glorious return, r-right?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I stopped having cable when I moved over to PS Vue, which means that I lost BBC America as a chanel... so I've been waiting for a way to be able to binge-watch it, since finding something reliable for watching that sort of thing streaming is... a right pain in the ass.

That being said, the series is ending with season 5 (like they'd always planned to), which makes me glad that it'll have a firm ending rather than slowly fizzling out.

Just discoved that a friend of mine is a friend of the guy who plays Donny. They did musical theatre together in high school!

But she hasn't seen the show. I don't understand that at all.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Fucking seriously.
It's still crazy thinking that it's going to be OVER by the final episode this season.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I caught up on Monday and have spent the rest of the week watching videos of the cast and other behind the scenes stuff. Is starting to sink in that the show is ending in a month. :sadpanda:

But here's some really funny stuff:

I love how we can see what Tatiana does to get into character.

"Dude you gotta talk to Cosima.....Oh ffff I'm Cosima"

Lex

Administrator
THERE IS NO PIPETTE TIP ON THIS PIPETTE AND THIS IS SOMETHING COSIMA WOULD KNOW

AAAAARGH

Hchwwi3.png

Top Bottom