Game of Thrones

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
My money's on
Bran tbf, I mean, weirwoods and shit? :monster:. I mean that Hodor shit was only the beginning.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
My money's on
Bran tbf, I mean, weirwoods and shit? :monster:. I mean that Hodor shit was only the beginning.

Yeah, but
for something to happen like that more than once just makes it cheesy and overdone. There's already theories that it was Bran who caused Aerys to go insane in the first place, because he went so far back in time after fucking things up royally by trying to warn him about the White Walkers, telling him to 'burn them all'. :monster:

One time-space continuum fuck up is all we need. Hodor's death was done very well in the show; for Bran to go back in time and fuck anything else up is just overkill.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I really like the idea of the Knight being Lyanna, they've made some good points for it. :D It definitely feels possible.
I'm always a bit amazed at how in-depth some GoT fans can become, but like, it's very fitting because the series itself is very in-depth, with loads of foreshadowing and minute details that can play parts later on. So it's awesome to see some fans with similar mindsets, and catch these things and spin a theoretical web out of them. I mean that's how people got the R+L=J theory/plot point. Analyzing George's detailed writing for all the hints laid out within.
I really do admire him for the way he plants his plot seeds. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
There's already theories that it was Bran who caused Aerys to go insane in the first place, because he went so far back in time after fucking things up royally by trying to warn him about the White Walkers, telling him to 'burn them all'. :monster:

I like that theory :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
^ You forgot spoiler tags, Yop. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I really like the outfits, I think (but please correct me if I'm wrong) they've got the best and most detailed outfits of any TV series, liek, ever. It's important too because the brunt of the series is just people in a room talking.

...I never would've thought I would like a series like that :monster:. But, GoT is one, House of Cards another one like it.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
They do have some pretty detailed costumes for a TV series. I would say The Tudors also had some detailed costumes, along with The Borgias. Reign on CW also has some detailed costumes, but they're not period accurate by any means. And I don't even watch that show, I just follow the costume designer. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah true, but as was indicated in that video, those are all based on real existing wossnames - there's a big element of fantasy in this series.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Shitposting here because boredom.

Because I can't stress enough about how much I love the costumes, here are some of Dany's that we've seen so far from the trailers and promotional stills. There are at least 4 so far. Love her or hate her, she does have some of the best costumes in the series, and definitely they develop as much as her character does.

This costume is a variation of
31-CERSEI-SEASON6%C2%A9MCE-HBO2016.jpg
worn in the Season 6 finale, the only difference being that there is now some red embroidery decorating on the front, with some type of detachable collar on top and a long-sleeved shirt underneath.

DCJ3Yy8W0AA1yja.jpg

DCIaSq8XsAA9JnY.jpg

tumblr_orgk2j9FGw1s6bxzqo2_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_orgkm9dJLL1s6bxzqo1_r1_540.jpg

Dany first appeared in this costume in the 'Sit Down' trailer. Gotta love the red dragon scale cape!

DCJ3YyqWsAMDC-i.jpg

landscape-1491065933-dany-teaser.jpg

This costume has also been accompanied by the red cape, but what's interesting is that this dress is lined with fur. At least we know Dany is taking the thread of winter seriously with this one. :monster: Also we do see one of Varys's costumes lined with fur later as well. The fabric of this dress also looks thicker than most of what her costumes have been made out of.

DCJ3YyvXgAEcLvL.jpg

This is actually my favorite one out of all of them, just due to the simplicity of it; no ornaments, save for her dragon brooch, something she's had since Season 1, along with Rhaella's ring on her left index finger.

DCEMah8XkAAYYjv.jpg

All in all, Dany's finally rocking the Targaryen look, and I couldn't be happier. If I didn't look so horrible in a blonde wig I'd love to cosplay with one of these one day.

It's worth mentioning that Michele Clapton, the costume designer, has designed all of Dany's clothes so that she wears pants underneath, even with some of the white dresses in Season 5. She never lost that Dothraki practicality.

Happy Little Lemon

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sledged
If I didn't look so horrible in a blonde wig I'd love to cosplay with one of these one day.

[/SPOILER]

Love these, Lith <3

When I used to dress up properly for Hallowe'en, I was told loads of times that I ought to cosplay as Daenerys sometime. The thought of a blonde wig deterred me as well :P I reckon the outfit would be nice and comfy though!

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HOLY FUCK

:excited:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I've been listening to that song since the season 6 finale. :monster:

The soundtracks to Game of Thrones really are underrated; there's a lot of themes and leitmotifs that have been present since Season 1. I just think most people don't pay them no mind because of all the action that takes place sometimes. I think the Season 6 score was the best to date, and Ramin Djawadi is an awesome composer. Light of the Seven is an awesome track. Djawadi composed it by coming up with an entirely new theme (until you hear the GoT one at the end) because a theme like The Rains of Castamere would have given away the plot twist. The piano was nice, something we haven't heard on the score until now, and how it turns into organ notes later is great. Ugh. I could rave all day about this track. It's one of the highest played tracks in my iTunes. :closedmonster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Oh gosh, I suddenly remembered, you sent me that song off of YouTube to listen to this time last year. And I was in Montana, on vacation, and sat in my room for a few minutes to listen to it without other's around. :D
That was such a fun time <3 Give me more Thrones noooowwwwwww, why do we have to wait another month :wacky:

So I see Beric is back, and at one point fighting alongside Jon with his flaming sword. Also the first clip of the Hound shows him in a snowy location, so maybe Hound is there too? Since they met up again last season. XD Maybe the Hound and Sansa will meet up again?
Also see Hound in a sunny locale too. And Jamie looks pretty desperate/angry, riding that horse along a flaming shoreline. Guessing his Lannister army went ka-poo in the face of the Dothraki, Unsullied, and dragons. :wacky: Wonder if he's gonna die this season. I'd rather Cersei die before him, but I'm not holding my breath. Lot's of people are probably going to die this season. :closedmonster:

Anyhow lot's of exciting stuff will be sure to happen. Waaaaaa <3

Last edited:
Top Bottom