TLS Family Portrait Thread

Is this a good idea?

• Yes, it is!

Votes: 37 94.9%
  • No, it isn't!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's almost there. Here's what I suggest...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "You know, sometimes life will toss your Baked Alaska right in the rubbish bin. And you scream and s

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Say whaaa we should have a TLS Beat'Em Up where we can vent out our frustrations on our virtual selves no waaai LOL

TLS u so crazy, whatchu gonna come up with next? :awesome:

No srsly :kermit:

beat_em_up.jpg
I'm probably going to go back and make this actually look decent bc I can't leave these things alone, I can't.

That was amazing, Fancy!! :lol: All sorts of amazing!! Glad to be part of the experimental comic too :P

Yay! :properhug:

Hahaha, I'm pretty sure your archetype in the comic would be my fave :awesome: Glad you approve :P

I AM SO HARD RIGHT NOW. Kimble your arse is mine next year. ;)

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Once I get settled in my new place, I'd be happy to pay to get a budget going for a comic series. *nodsnods* Lord knows between the message board, forum, and skype, there's a lotta material to work with. Name a price Fancy, and I'll figure it out. A comic series would be a great way to bring in more people to look at TLS beyond news!

ALSO YAAAY I AM AN AWESOME GHOST WITH A WEAPON OF MURDER! WEEEEEE THANK YOU FANCY!

Well, shiiiiiiit, if folks are honestly interested in seeing a community comic series as a regular 'thing,' then I'd certainly be open to negotiation n shit! ^_^

GASP, but imagine if I was abducted and last seen in the the truck of a car rolling towards the sea as another artist was brought in to replace me in doing the comics and it's like SAY WHAT MURDER MYSTERY? :kermit:

Dat plot twist, dat drama doe. *shivers* WHAT A STORY ARC LETS DO IT :megusta:

Nah, but in all seriousness, that'd be awesome! But it's certainly not something I really want to tackle (or even think about tbh lmao) until I'm done with 'this whole Portrait thing'. I mean that's assuming you guys even want me to draw the whole thing like idk I guess one of the many other talented folks on this forum could also take the reins T_T idk.

ALSO YOU'RE WELCOME, GLAD YOU LIKE.

Fangu, Flare; I've found the perfect person to illustrate the Viera Carrots shenanigans. :D

o hey u talkin' 'bout lil' ol' me? :awesome: :P

I AM SO HARD RIGHT NOW. Kimble your arse is mine next year. ;)

LMAO THIS REACTION ALONE WAS WORTH THE WHOLE DOODLE TBH :megusta:

The TLS Beat'Em Up is awesome Fancy :lol: AND THEY ARE SO CUTE AS ALWAYS.

<3 <3 <3 MERCI!! I can't wait till I get to yours!!! I have a clear idea in my head and I hope you end up liking what I'm envisioning!!! xD

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
<BUMPS BIG BANG&#8217;S
>

LOL

Y&#8217;ALL THOUGHT THIS SHIT WAS DEAD, DIDN&#8217;TCHA? :kermit:

THOUGHT FANCY COULDN&#8217;T HANDLE THE PRESSURE AND BOUNCED? :ffuuu:

Don&#8217;t blame you if you did. Sorry about that, folks. :sadpanda:

Long story short, I took on a commission with a pretty sweet payout, but the client has proven to be one of the most difficult, uncommunicative clients I&#8217;ve ever had to work with. She and I have finally reached an understanding, methinks (mehopes), and the work she&#8217;s commissioned is just about finished, so much so that I feel comfortable pouring my creative energy back into the TLS Family Portrait and bringing this hiatus to a close.

Remy, Clement Rage, and SeaDragon, I am terribly sorry that you&#8217;ve had to wait so long (the longest by far!) to get your avatars started/finished. Thank you three so much for your patience! Seriously. A thousand and one kudos to you!

They should be ready by the end of this week if not the next (depends). I reckon that Clement Rage&#8217;s is probably going to be the one to be released next week, if anyone&#8217;s, given that it&#8217;s the most complex of this batch&#8230;
OGEyMzVlYTc1YiMvQWVnZndiX2hTOEp3QVB2eC1naHBqVHUwa0NBPS9maXQtaW4vNzYweDAvZmlsdGVyczpub191cHNjYWxlKCk6cXVhbGl0eSg4MCk6bm9fdXBzY2FsZSgpOmZvcm1hdChqcGVnKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vcGp4b2dhbm5kOGtuaGh6cWppYTVlaHNsaGFpbmFhbHozejI1aGxyeHd4NGZwbnN3cmhveHIyd3A3Zm5mbmEwdy5naWY.gif
...Sorry buddy...

Anyway, because I like posting in this thread best when I have something for you folks to look at, here are sketches of the next four to be released.

im_still_here.jpg

Thank you all for your patience and support!

Last edited:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Is it too late to get on this? I don't remember if I did before.

edit: .....I am on this, I just never gave you my picture. Let me rectify that.

a0PGW7q.jpg

A picture of me eating pizza because I fucking love pizza.

HxuxsBA.jpg

And a picture of Ite giving me a piggyback ride because I love this picture.

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
I'm going to draw you as an adult with the first outfit eating a pizza if that's cool with you~?

Also, what name would like hovering over the avatar?

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
:reptar: YAY!!! You're in the queue!!! That piggyback pic is fucking adorable btw :P

POTENTIAL BONUS PIC? :kermit:

<adds to list of pictures I wanna do after this whole thing is over> :megusta:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Unforgiveable late but I'm in.

Would you like your avatar in the portrait to reflect the avatar you have on the forum as of the time of this exchange?
No, I'll PM a photo.
Do you want a name other than your current username hovering over your avatar?
I'm mainly Minato/Roger
Do you have any preferences for the age you&#8217;re portrayed as?
I'll stick with old
Do you have any preference as for the type of expression/attitude/pose your avatar is sporting? (default is neutral/looking generally content).
Childlike innocence, if possible
Do you have any other specifications you&#8217;d like to include (certain clothes, certain colours,
no buster swords or anything like that. Remember, simple and clean (isthewaythatyouremakingmefeeltonight!!)
accessories, etc)?
No.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^Noted!

To give everyone an idea of how the queue looks as of now.

1. Shademp
  2. Remnant-of-VII/Remy
  3. Clement Rage
  4. SeaDragon
  5. Carlie
  6. Minato

Note that someone's position in the queue doesn't necessarily determine if their avatar gets finished before someone else's. That depends heavily on communication. I just set it up this way so that I know who gets priority over someone else.

how_the_queue_works.jpg
:megusta:

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^Nope! The cutoff date, for now, is 25 March 2018. Depending on the volume of requests and how quickly I'm able to do them, the date may be subject to change (that is, I'm a big softie and I doubt that I'll be able to turn away anyone even after the cutoff date rofl) :megusta:

In other news.

Presenting Batch Number 8!

Group_Shot_8.png

Licorice and Remy look as though they come from the same colourful universe whilst SeaDragon looks like the character who's always asleep as a running joke. Whenever something epic like a big fight happens, he stumbles onto the scene of the aftermath, looks around sleepily at the damage, shrugs, and takes a nap.

The special episode will be the one where you hear him talk xD :megusta:

Current Queue
  1. Shademp
  2. Clement Rage
  3. Carlie
  4. Minato
  5. Whatever name Jesse McCree decides on :awesome:...

...Once this
Survey Says said:
  1. Would you like your avatar in the portrait to reflect the avatar you have on the forum as of the time of this exchange?
    >If not, please send me a photo of the image you&#8217;d like portrayed in your portrait avatar (it can be an image of yourself, a favourite character, a pet etc etc).
  2. Do you want a name other than your current username hovering over your avatar?
  3. Do you have any preferences for the age you&#8217;re portrayed as?
    >If not, you&#8217;ll be portrayed as whatever group you belong in.
  4. Do you have any preference as for the type of expression/attitude/pose your avatar is sporting? (default is neutral/looking generally content).
  5. Do you have any other specifications you&#8217;d like to include (certain clothes, certain colours,
    no buster swords or anything like that. Remember, simple and clean (isthewaythatyouremakingmefeeltonight!!)
    accessories, etc)?
:watchingu:

Last edited:

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Ooooooh.....

So I've been away for a while but I'd totally love to be in this! I've got all your answers ready!

Would you like your avatar in the portrait to reflect the avatar you have on the forum as of the time of this exchange?
I would like to appear as my old Darth Maul avatar, can I just PM you a pic?
Yes please, since most know me as "Darth" that's what I'll go with.
Do you have any preferences for the age you&#8217;re portrayed as?
I think I'd prefer adult, don't actually remember what I would be otherwise :)
Do you have any preference as for the type of expression/attitude/pose your avatar is sporting? (default is neutral/looking generally content).
No real preference, unless someone else has a suggestion. Happy, I guess?
Do you have any other specifications you&#8217;d like to include (certain clothes, certain colours, SMALL accessories, etc)?
Hmm... just a robotic right hand if possible :D

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
BENJIE!!!

*glomps*

AWW! I'm feeling the love here. Yay for friendships n' shit!! :joy:

I would like to appear as my old Darth Maul avatar, can I just PM you a pic?

That's absolutely fine! Whilst I'm waiting on that picture, I'll go ahead and add you to the queue. Yay! More people! :megusta:

EDIT: I was just thinking... I know what Darth Maul looks like, so unless he looked a special kind of way in your old profile picture, you don't have to worry about sending me a pic! ;)

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Please may I also get in on this??

I'll PM you a pic if that's okay?
Either CrashOuch or just Crash if you're short on space is golden :)
Do you have any preferences for the age you’re portrayed as?
Nope! I'm guessing I must be in a pretty young group and I reckon that's pretty funny.
A big cheesy grin could be cool if it's not too much hassle?
Do you have any other specifications you’d like to include (certain clothes, certain colours, SMALL accessories, etc)?
Nah I'm not fussed :D

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Please may I also get in on this??

I'll PM you a pic if that's okay?
Either CrashOuch or just Crash if you're short on space is golden :)
Do you have any preferences for the age you’re portrayed as?
Nope! I'm guessing I must be in a pretty young group and I reckon that's pretty funny.
A big cheesy grin could be cool if it's not too much hassle?
Do you have any other specifications you’d like to include (certain clothes, certain colours, SMALL accessories, etc)?
Nah I'm not fussed :D

^ You are in the queue!!! <3

ALSO YAY WE CAN BE CHILDREN TOGETHER XD :megusta:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
On Property and Ownership

pensive.png

I've been in a pensive sort of mood as of late. Thus, I thought it would be fun to reflect that feeling in a picture starring the avatar with the most pensive expression of all of them thus far. There's a double point to this drawing, which you shall see in the rest of this post!

Also, ignore the crudely drawn background :okay:

So, enough people have asked me this question that I feel the need to address it!

On Property and Ownership.

So, the question I've generally been asked is.

"Fancy, may I use the avatar you've drawn me for such and such?"

The answer is always gonna be,

"Hells to the yes."

The moment I finish your portrait avatar, it is your property. And you are free to do whatever your heart desires with it. You don't even have to mention me if you post it elsewhere. Consider it a gift from me to you. Same goes for any picture that uses your likeness.

Because it's yours, other folks would have to ask you specifically (not me)if they wanted permission to manipulate your avatar in whatever way they see fit.

THAT BEING SAID, I still think of myself as having partial ownership of these chibis. That is, I think I have the right to draw these chibis whenever I want (LIKE IN THE PICTURE ABOVE, SEE TOLD YOU THERE WAS SORT OF A POINT) and to use the avatars that I've given thee all in whatever manner I see fit (a la, in the portrait).

Of course, if I do draw your chibi in a little sketch or comic or blurb or whatever and it makes you uncomfortable, I'll be more than happy to remove it/you as a courtesy. I make these pictures more for other people rather than myself (ITE AND GHOST, YOU LET ME KNOW BUDDIES I WILL REMOVE/ALTER THE ABOVE IMAGE SO FAST). But, like, I'm probably never going to ask permission to make the sketch/comic/blurb in the first place. Nah sayin'???

THOUGHTS?! I'm not too privy on the legality of these sorts of things, lawls, sooooo if we could reach some sort of community agreement that would be great. Otherwise, I'll keep on operating as I have been up to this point.

Hope I cleared everything up. In other news, I've finished Minato :reptar: And should have a sketch out to Darth by the end of this weekend.

The list as of now is~!!
  1. Shademp
  2. Clement Rage
  3. Darth
  4. CrashOuch
  5. Thats it. :okay:

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
THOUGHTS?! I'm not too privy on the legality of these sorts of things, lawls, sooooo if we could reach some sort of community agreement that would be great. Otherwise, I'll keep on operating as I have been up to this point.

Sounds fabulous to me! :reptar:

The list as of now is~!!
  1. Shademp
  2. Clement Rage
  3. Darth
  4. CrashOuch
  5. Thats it. :okay:

That :okay: face at the end tho
You can always draw me again if you want

Top Bottom