• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Actor Mark Hamill voice of Veld possible?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I'm still pretty new here, but, I was just thinking for quite a long time now.

If Square ever did a remake of Before Crisis, would it be possible if Mark Hamill was casted as the voice of Veld of the Turks? Like how he voiced Eraqus in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep?

I know this sounds crazy, but I think Mark Hamill is the best voice for Veld.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Hamill for Godo. Thats the voice I was looking for Case of Yuffie, after hearing him as Eraqus. The actor I cast as Veld has a similar type of voice actually. A little deep, gravellyish

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Hamill for Godo. Thats the voice I was looking for Case of Yuffie, after hearing him as Eraqus. The actor I cast as Veld has a similar type of voice actually. A little deep, gravellyish

Who do you think should voice Veld, then? I can't imagine anyone else other than Mark Hamill as Veld, since he has the seriousness and gravely tone I can believe Veld has, as the man is strict but emotional and cares for all of the Turks like his own children, other than his real daughter, of course, like how Eraqus is in KH BBS.

I want a South African for Veld. Someone who sounds like a real hard bastard, but with a little human warmth creeping into his tone occasionally.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I want a South African for Veld. Someone who sounds like a real hard bastard, but with a little human warmth creeping into his tone occasionally.

I don't mean to make points here, but why a South African? Okay, I know that Veld's name is a name somewhere in Africa(can't remember where), but I don't think it'll work out for the Director of the Turks to have a South African to voice him, no offence.

I just can't imagine that happening. Personally, I think Mark Hamill would sound a lot better, and if I could choose, I would've had Jamesion Price to be the replacement of Christoper Lee as the voice of Ansem the Wise in KH instead of Corey Burton(He just doesn't sound right as Ansem to me. Jamesion-who voiced Reeve-sounds much closer as Christoper Lee's voice to me).

Because I always hear him talking in a South African accent. I realize I am probably alone in this. But there's something about hearing that soft, soothing South African accent coming out of a hard as nails assassin's mouth that just sends chills up my spine. he wouldn't be nearly as scary without it.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Because I always hear him talking in a South African accent. I realize I am probably alone in this. But there's something about hearing that soft, soothing South African accent coming out of a hard as nails assassin's mouth that just sends chills up my spine. he wouldn't be nearly as scary without it.

Well I always hear him in the same kind of voice as Eraqus from KH BBS, since it's just him. I'm not saying anything bad to South Africans, or anyone else in the world in all different countries. I just can't find myself hearing a South African voice Veld.

But anyway, if(and that's a silm to none IF, unfortunately) they do decide to remake Before Crisis after the Remake of the original game or at least add him into the new story content of the remake, we'll just have to wait and find out, since Square Enix are usually the ones casting actors in all languages in the world. They made the right decision to cast Quintion Flynn as Reno.

Plus I don't think Mark Hamill will reprise his role as elder Eraqus. He just finished episode VII of Star Wars(Don't know why Disney bought the rights to 20th Century Fox's movie franchise in the first place), and I'm pretty sure he's close into retiring by now, as much as would want him to voice Veld.

I want all of the actors from the Compilation to return to reprise their roles for the remake. If they change the voice acting, that, I won't be happy about. I hate it when they change voice actors in my favorite games or anime series. But that's just me.

Top Bottom