The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Gaming

Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 6 Days Ago   #1
X-SOLDIER
Default Jump Force

YouTube Video

I'd never've guessed that they'd've gone with this art style, but it seems to really work well. They're also combining lots of elements in the world where this is taking place, since the roots everywhere in the NYC-like location are from the world tree in the end of Naruto.

Some gameplay from E3:

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Joe (6 Days Ago), Lucis Caelum (6 Days Ago)
Old 6 Days Ago   #2
looneymoon

Theres something a little uncanny in the way they've lit/textured the models. In any case, I'm probably gonna at least try this out. It looks fun.

looneymoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Joe (6 Days Ago), X-SOLDIER (6 Days Ago)
Old 6 Days Ago   #3
Joe

Every character looks like it's a plastic figure. Definitely agree it's very uncanny and it weirds me out a bit.

Honestly, stacking the gameplay of this up against the likes of the Ninja Storm series and One Piece Burning Blood (both incredibly similar in terms of gameplay) this really looks quite lackluster. The combat seems slow-paced and...unimaginative given the characters and their colorful abilities we see in other games.
I didn't really enjoy JumpStars Victory VS but I feel that had more going for it than what we see here.

Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (6 Days Ago)
Old 6 Days Ago   #4
Blade

Am I the only one who is disturbed by the disparity between "realistic stages" and "cartoonish Manga"?
^Here's hoping for:
Valkyrie Profile: Hrist
Metal Gear Rising 2: Re-Revengeance
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Joe (6 Days Ago), looneymoon (6 Days Ago), X-SOLDIER (6 Days Ago)
Old 6 Days Ago   #5
X-SOLDIER

I was initially, but it's definitely grown on me the more I've watched the gameplay and stuff with it. It's definitely an odd aesthetic to've gone for, but I think I'm actually digging the look of it NOT being a cell-shaded-and-as-close-to-the-anime-look-as-possible style, because it lets it feel different.

With all the other spot-on cell-shaded games looking JUST like the animes they came from, it helps to further sell the idea that they're all in a mashed-up world setting that they're not supposed to be in for this game.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
looneymoon (6 Days Ago)