New Dissidia Arcade Game (NT)

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
https://twitter.com/nova_crystallis/status/979866392131461121?s=21

Soft confirmation for Locke being the male newcomer from FFI-FFVII for the Dissidia DLC?

Likely. Auron was in that too, and Rinoa was mentioned.

It adds up with what we know about the DLC characters so far:

Locke - Male early
Rinoa - Female later
Auron - Male later
Yuna/Prishe - Female veteran later

I'd imagine if Auron appeared then Prishe would appear to even out numbers.

I can’t remember was there ever clarification if FFVII counted among the “early” or “latter” FF titles (like is the split based on numbers or 2D vs 3D?). Because if Auron does end up being a newcomer male latter FF character, could it be possible Tifa would/could be the female veteran character?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
If Rinoa gets in over Tifa, I'm never playing this game.

While I'm happy to see that Rinoa may have a chance in getting in, I wouldn't panic just yet.

They still have to bring in a third FFVII character to put in. I think Tifa may still have a chance in returning since she's more popular than Gabrath(Ugh, I can't I ever remember to spell other characters' names?).

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
If Rinoa gets in over Tifa, I'm never playing this game.

You weren't planning on playing this game before, so I don't think that's gonna change soon. :awesome: /antishill

That all said, I'm not expecting much. The roster doesn't have much going for it without quality gameplay which this game is lacking (regardless of who is playable in the end, unless they give us new game modes to play).

It'd be one thing if this game had fun stages to fight in, but it's pretty dull for the most part. You can't even run along walls sideways like you used to be able to.

For example: The most fun I've had in this game was smashing all the Trees and rocks in the FF1 stage. You don't even get bravery for it, it's just kinda bland.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
They plan to put all the previously featured characters in eventually though they specified Gabranth might take a while, poor guy. Tifa is likely her own DLC, doesn't need to be in a Season Pass with 5 other characters to sell like Vayne.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I still don't understand the limited movesets. Okay, I get not having a ton of HPs: You don't want anyone to be a one-man army going for every kill. Everyone has a special situation where they need to use their HP as their final blow, or it wastes the brave built up.

But they should at least have two more tiers of abilities to unlock for brave, so that there's a reason to level up and keep mastering your character. That's the biggest turn off for me. There is virtually no reason to play the game in the long term. Other games that do this at least have a wide variety of abilities available all at once.

The arsenal is just too damned small. If they update this, fine, I'll take a sniff. Not before.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
1. Limited Movesets are so that the game is balanced and doesn't have a ton of Brave-to-HP combos or HP wall slams (that caused up to 9999 + 9999 damage in Duodecim). This game has a lot less defensive options than the previous game too, as EX Burst was the only way to escape combos outside of blocking/perfect defense. The reason for that is to prevent turtling play.

2. HP attacks specifically are meant to keep things tactical so you have different uses for different HP attacks. Some are ultimately better than others in most situations, but it also depends on your role/playstyle. Wide stages are better suited to long-range HP attacks, while small stages can use close range HP attacks that do more damage per hit. If players had 10 HP attacks in their arsenal things would be overly chaotic in a team-based setting.

3. The Brave Pool was technically supposed to be used in conjunction with Base-HP count. The game has an HP cap now, so really you only need like 3,700 Brave to one-shot anyone now. I wish they'd fix this too, but because it's 3 on 3 they can't give individual characters high stats anymore.

4. Stages no longer drain Brave either, only certain debuffs do. The reason being that they wanted to focus on Team Play over single player battles. Adding extra stage effects would probably make things more convoluted (like hiding behind walls and spamming HP attacks that go through walls).

This game is okay for an Arena game, but the emphasis is ON multiplayer, not single player... so if you play by yourself it's not going to be AS fun. This is a problem that plagues most MOBA Arena games.

This is pretty much the exact same reaction people had when Guilty Gear XX became Guilty Gear Isuka... Though, for what it's worth, Isuka was a lot better constructed as it used #Reload for it's gameplay foundation as opposed to this game which has no really good foundation to begin with.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
... The more I hear about this, the more I wonder what they were thinking.

Wouldn't it have been better to just bring Duodecim's mechanics to the console with a few new additions?

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
They were thinking of having an arena fighter for arcade, and figured they'd port it over for some relatively easy monies. No great mystery there.

And the gameplay is great. No idea what these complaints are about. It's not Duodecim, but, then again, it's not trying to be Duodecim.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
The problem really is the way most Multi-player games beyond 1v1 are structured.

Think of it this way:

In King of Fighters you have all these diverse characters that can make up a unique team, but by themselves individual characters don't have much depth.

It's only when you put them together WITH a Team that they carry that depth.

Terry, Andy, and Joe of Team Fatal Fury are a nice team by themselves, but just Terry by himself doesn't have many diverse attacks. Same with Andy or Joe.

That's why in games like Capcom vs SNK 2 Terry was given a movelist that had a ton more moves from all the games he had been in, so his skillset was more indepth and versatile (because in those games it would be possible for him to fight by himself instead of on Teams).

This is also why I liked CvS2's Team Point system, the more points you gave a character, the stronger they were when fighting by themselves, and Bosses were designed TO fight whole teams as well for that very reason.

This is why comeback mechanics like X-Factor in MvC2 and the Psyche Burst in Guilty Gear Isuka were so powerful. They were designed to be used on characters who fight by themselves.

Dissidia NT has no such comeback mechanics, and really, the strongest characters in this game are the players who take advantage of projectile spells the most or can corner other players easily.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
1.09 Update: Vayne can be fought against.

He'll be available on the 27th along with the Weapon DLC.

I got the Season Pass, but my PSPlus will expire soon, so expect more goofy 1 player videos from me!

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Hmmmm, that's odd, I should've gotten the Weapon DLC free as well as Vayne...

I'll wait a few hours for my season pass to kick in (it happened like that in FFXV too, lol)

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
The new character will be revealed on Tuesday in a live stream. It's an early male character, FF1-7.

It's looking like it'll be Locke.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Well at least he's dual-wielding, though I kinda preferred Shadow and Interceptor.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
I've noticed a little pattern here with Opera Omnia. It probably means nothing, but I've noticed that Noctis and Locke were added into both NT and OO about the same time, so I'm guessing that they want them to be playable in NT before OO.

Vayne appeared as a non playable antagonist in one chapter, then playable in NT not long after. So I guess that the new characters are ones that haven't been playable in OO yet, so the next female new character from 8-15 could be:

Rinoa
Freya
Beatrix
Lulu
Fran
Aranea

Last edited:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Someone needs to tell these folks that not all of us want to play 3 on 3... They need to add some gimmicks to these stages, or it's really not worth it.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
New female character reveal on the 10th. It’s a character that has never been voiced before, so it must be from VIII or IX. Probably either Rinoa, Freya or Beatrix.

Top Bottom