The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Gaming

Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 6 Days Ago   #16
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Claymore (6 Days Ago), Ghost X (6 Days Ago), looneymoon (6 Days Ago), SeaDragon (6 Days Ago), Tetsujin (6 Days Ago)
Old 6 Days Ago   #17
Ghost X

Loving the look of this. I think I played the original RE2 enough to get bored of it, so hopefully me experience with this game isn't affected by that. Hopefully it is different enough. I think perhaps the most important part in my view, the sense of a looming threat, will certainly be improved in this game. In the original, my imagination went wild, making those polygonal enemies more scary than they actually were. Can't wait to see what they do with the William Birkin character, with improved graphics, never mind everything else.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Member You'd Most Want to Meet.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Best Voice.

2017 2nd Place Winner -- Most Likely To Back Out Of A Fight But Remain... Victorious.
Ghost X is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Claymore (6 Days Ago), looneymoon (6 Days Ago), SeaDragon (6 Days Ago), X-SOLDIER (6 Days Ago)
Old 6 Days Ago   #18
Claymore

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE!

YOU CAN FORTIFY LOCATIONS BY BOARDING UP WINDOWS AND OTHER OPTIONS WITH WOODEN BOARDS?!!!

AND SURVIVAL HORROR FOCUS. MUCH STRONGER ZOMBIES. LIMITED AMMO.

It looks incredible and I absolutely love that they maintained the feel and atmosphere of the original.

Can't wait for this.
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Ghost X (6 Days Ago), looneymoon (6 Days Ago), SeaDragon (6 Days Ago), Teioh (6 Days Ago), X-SOLDIER (6 Days Ago)
Old 6 Days Ago   #19
X-SOLDIER

Some feedback on the E3 Demo:

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 2:
Claymore (6 Days Ago), Sorcerologist (6 Days Ago)
Old 6 Days Ago   #20
Claymore

Great vid! I love all the insights they make about the game.
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (6 Days Ago)
Old 6 Days Ago   #21
SeaDragon

The choice to insert the original soundtrack swap only as a bonus for the deluxe version left me a little perplexed. Capcom this time you bought me.

Here's what the Digital pre-order bonus and Deluxe Edition includes:

Digital pre-order bonus:
- Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Chris Model'
- Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Jill Model'
- Resident Evil 2 Special Theme

The Deluxe Edition contains the main game, along with the following items:
-Leon Costume: 'Arklay Sheriff'
-Leon Costume: 'Noir'
-Claire Costume: 'Military'
-Claire Costume: 'Noir'
-Claire Costume: 'Elza Walker'
-Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Albert Model'
-'Original Ver.' Soundtrack Swap

Last edited by SeaDragon; 6 Days Ago at 08:45 PM.
SeaDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Claymore (5 Days Ago), looneymoon (4 Days Ago), Minato (4 Days Ago), X-SOLDIER (6 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #22
Claymore

Hunk and Tofu special missions confirmed!
Thanked by 2:
Sorcerologist (4 Days Ago), X-SOLDIER (4 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #23
Chloe Frazer

YouTube Video
Old 4 Days Ago   #24
Tetsujin

I'm proud of the fact I immediately called it
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Chloe Frazer (3 Days Ago), Claymore (4 Days Ago), X-SOLDIER (4 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #25
X-SOLDIER

Tetsujin wrote: I'm proud of the fact I immediately called it
I'm still quite impressed by how immediately on the ball you were with it!

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 4:
Chloe Frazer (3 Days Ago), Claymore (4 Days Ago), Minato (4 Days Ago), Tetsujin (4 Days Ago)
Old 3 Days Ago   #26
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 3:
Chloe Frazer (3 Days Ago), Ghost X (3 Days Ago), SeaDragon (3 Days Ago)
Old 3 Days Ago   #27
Ghost X

One thing I recall from the original RE2, is that you could investigate either side of the police station first, and that doing so had consequences (eg: you had to do some things by X amount of time or whatever). Feel free to correct me if I am having a bad memory . TL;DR: I hope the gameplay isn't linear in this remake. This demo would suggest at least this part of the game is.

Otherwise, still looks awesome .

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Member You'd Most Want to Meet.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Best Voice.

2017 2nd Place Winner -- Most Likely To Back Out Of A Fight But Remain... Victorious.
Ghost X is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Claymore (3 Days Ago)
Old 3 Days Ago   #28
Claymore

Ghost X wrote: One thing I recall from the original RE2, is that you could investigate either side of the police station first, and that doing so had consequences (eg: you had to do some things by X amount of time or whatever). Feel free to correct me if I am having a bad memory . TL;DR: I hope the gameplay isn't linear in this remake. This demo would suggest at least this part of the game is.

Otherwise, still looks awesome .
From what various play-testers have said, by the end of just this crafted demo, some people ended up with items that other players hadn't, and had obviously gone down less familiar routes than others who headed straight for the end. Some people didn't even discover about the wooden boards in their play-throughs. The devs have confirmed that if you board up certain areas, or don't in others, it could impact your traversal later on and how zombies will emerge in future within that area.

So yeah, I think there's a lot of evidence already that the gameplay isn't going to be completely linear.

I've not played RE2 in years, but I remember that if you took certain items in your Leon playthrough then they wouldn't be there for your Clare run. Though I could be remembering that wrong. In this remake, they have stated that it will be less an A/B scenario and that the two will have their own independent campaigns that will cross over at points. But yeah, with the care that they are putting into this, I think it's going to be really great gameplay.
Thanked by 3:
Ghost X (3 Days Ago), Minato (3 Days Ago), X-SOLDIER (3 Days Ago)