• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Endwalker - 6.45]

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
4.3 Site is live: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/patch/4_3

There's not much on there, but that dungeon gear... Well I know what dungeon I'll be farming and it probably won't be the 24-man...

bX4RDpUN7oibJdcsRRxg4VdD8M.jpg

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
The Live Letter 43 Digest (Official Translation) was released: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/364590

Probably the most important thing was the confirmation that all the 24-man Alliance Raids are getting switched to Greed. So if you really want certain pieces for glamour, go get them now before in changes in a month...

Another thing is that the new Daily Roulette: Raid will include Deltascape normal.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Live Letter 44

Patch drops 05/22

Content Release Schedule
4.3 - MSQ, Beat Tribes, Doman Reconstruction, Raid, Dungeon, etc.
4.1 - Ultimate Weapon Ultimate
4.5 - Heaven-on-High (Deep Dungeon)
4.6 - Eureka: Pagos

Job Adjustments
DRK - at least 8 skills are getting usability changes, potency changes, defense increased, Plunge is getting potency buff and shorter animation
MNK - aggro repression skill
SAM - aggro repression skill and potency increases
BLM - teleports getting buffed, teleport animation speed increased
SCH - pet actions getting usability changes
AST - attack actions cast speed decreased (IE: spell cast speed is shorter then GCD so it's easier to weave in oGCDs), Lightspeed MP reduction increased from 25% to 50% and damage nerf removed!, Aspected Helios buff

Crafting/Gathering Beast Tribe - Namazu
on Western side of Azim Steppe, has it's own new Atheryite crystal
stdin_snapshot_40.02_2018.05.11_05.33.01.png
stdin_snapshot_40.18_2018.05.11_05.33.17.png
stdin_snapshot_41.43_2018.05.11_05.34.43.png
stdin_snapshot_43.03_2018.05.11_05.36.02.png

Deep Dungeon - Heaven-on-High
"story" floors are 1-30, "hardcore" floors are 31-100
slightly different pomanders/floor effects

silver chest have a chance to drop magicite which summons Garuda, Ifrit or Titain
changing how weapon/armor points are converted into weapons; you can exchange 10 weapon/armor points for 1 token and then a given number of tokes for a weapon
PotD will be changed to this stystem
new layouts, one has the entire floor be one big room filled with monsters/traps

Some QoL changes from the Dev Blog: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002352.html

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Thanks to Obs, once I get the email from the Callback Campaign, and once the stupid launcher finishes redownloading all the stupid patches, Imma be running around with yuse guys again.

thats-right-im-back-bitches-9394971.png

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
i saw the trailer at E3 and wanted to play it. i made the acc, got the free trial, DLed it, and logged in....only to come across this strange thing called a "one time password". so i pressed the link and i found out i had to pay 10 dollars to even get the password. i don't have a cent to my name so that greatly disappointed me and i was so sour to S/E and mentally cursed them for being such filthy capitalists. i understand if the one time password thingie is for security, and i wouldn't even mind if i had to pay for it (maybe), but it couldn't have been 99 cents? 3 dollars? 4? it had to be 10?

anyway, i complained about this issue on the reddit and it's actually a good thing i did, because a fan reached out to me and offered a 2 month subscription to kick me off on the right track (he had one lying around his home from a past event) and if i was interested to contact him on discord. to be sure there weren't any fakers who would steal my identity to get the subscription, he got me through PM so that wouldn't happen (at least i assume that).

this whole business happened two days ago, but i just got the reply today. so i've reached out to him and maybe i can finally play the game soon.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
No, no, no, no, no... that's not how it works. You can get the token for free!

There's an Apple/Android app for the One-Time Password. You don't have to pay anything. SQEX Token I think it's called. There's a place in your SE account that goes over all of the One-Time Passoword stuff, it's just in a really bad spot.

In you Square Enix Account, go to Services and Options and on the drop-down menu at the very bottom, there's an option called One-Time Password. On the One-Time Password page, there's a Link caled "One-Time Passwords and Tokens". Clicking that leads to another page and at the very bottom of that page is how to activate the One-Time Password with the app.

Also, just a reminder to the rest of us that there are certain things in 4.3 that should be qualified as spoilers until they come up in-game...

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Is the one-time password still optional? It is for me anyway.

I do think the whole login procedure for XIV can be improved though. I mean give me the option to save my password and log in straightaway, give me the option to skip the launcher and the opening screen. As it stands I need to perform a dozen actions to log in - open launcher, copy password, paste password, hit login, wait (there goes my attention), hit start, wait (there goes my attention again), get distracted by the autoplaying video, hit escape to stop it, hit start again, wait (attention, woosh), select character, wait (wheeeee a squirrel), and FINALLY I'm in.

I mean all of those can be automated, I mean come on Square, you know I want to play and you know I have only one character, and your launcher screen / news rarely has something I cba with.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
The One-Time Passwords is optional, but you can only set that option from the Sqaure Enix account manager page, not the FFXIV log in page. You also don't get the one free Teleport location, which can be nice.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
No, no, no, no, no... that's not how it works. You can get the token for free!

There's an Apple/Android app for the One-Time Password. You don't have to pay anything. SQEX Token I think it's called. There's a place in your SE account that goes over all of the One-Time Passoword stuff, it's just in a really bad spot.

In you Square Enix Account, go to Services and Options and on the drop-down menu at the very bottom, there's an option called One-Time Password. On the One-Time Password page, there's a Link caled "One-Time Passwords and Tokens". Clicking that leads to another page and at the very bottom of that page is how to activate the One-Time Password with the app.

Also, just a reminder to the rest of us that there are certain things in 4.3 that should be qualified as spoilers until they come up in-game...
i think i should get the app then, because the site told me that i have to pay for it. i'll check more into it, thank you a lot! :)

i'm not sure about the optional thing, though, because i tried to just log in without the one time pass, and the launcher insisted i needed it.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
There's a couple of different places you can log in and they all let you do different things.

One is on the FFXIV Launcher; that's how you log-in to the game. You can't change any Square Enix Accout settings from here.

Another is the MogStation which is where you can pay for your FFXIV subscriptions, get the expansion packs and get optional in-game item. You can change things like the One-Time password from here, but it's really just a redirect to the place below.

What you want is the Square Enix Account Management log-in. From there you can manage all your Square Enix log-in information for any of their games that require a log-in. This is the place to go to set-up the One-Time Password, confirm account status, and do various technical things of that nature.

First thing you should do when you set up your One-Time Password: Copy/paste the Emergency Removal Password somewhere onto your computer/phone. Every now and then the SQEX Token App will reset and you will need to be able to log-in to the SE Account Management to reset it. You will need that Emergency Removal Password to manually take off the One-Time Password from your SE Account. Having it on hand will save you a lot of time.

I have forgotten to not copy/paste the Emergency Removal Password and the only way to get back into your account is to call SE Costumer Service and ask them to remove it for you. Granted, their Costumer Service was very pain free to deal with, but still... I learned my lesson. Always have a copy of it somewhere.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
now i'm not sure on getting the app at all. maybe it worked for you before, but recently it's not worth getting according to these reviews:
diFWZvOa_o.png
of course these aren't the only reviews. there is at least 10 more saying the same thing, all of them recent. i'll have to figure out another way because i'm not risking my acc being locked, which is apparently a big risk.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
It works for me currently. The thing has reset either once every couple of months or when I'm stupid and reset the phone for various reasons. If you're really pressed, you could probably emulate the Android OS on your computer and run the app on that.

When it works properly (99% of the time) all you do is tap the icon and it displays the number code. I barely even think about using it now.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
SFLR i really am, i'm trying hard to play this game. i just couldn't bring up the effort to because something tragic happened recently and i lost all but a small amount of energy to keep moving on. but that's leading off. i really am trying D: thanks for the info and help, really.

Lex

Administrator
FYI there's another free login campaign running from today til the 2nd of August for anyone interested in dipping back in with a lapsed sub :monster:

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
So how much to bet considering the mask hanging by the right of the "mercenary" that character is Van Baelsar?

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
How far have you gotten in the 4.3 quest?

It's definetly Giaus van Baelsar.

For various reasons, Alphinaud decides to go to Garlemald and he and some other Garleans are shot down in The Burn. That "mercenary" and some other people come to rescue him and lets just say the only person who we've seen who has his fighting style is Giaus. Afterwards, the "mercenary" lets slip that he knows who the Scions are and he's had some history with their order. He also has a collection of Ascian masks and says that is what he and the other people with him are hunting. And by a collection of Ascian Masks, I mean it looks like he's hunted down more Ascians then the WoL has... To say Lahabrea ticked him off would be an understatement.

The final shot of the entire MSQ is a deliberate zoom in on the white mask which is indeed Giaus' flaceplate from 2.0. So yeah... Giaus is definitely back.

To top it all off, prior in the MSQ, it's revealed to the player that Varis is willingly working together with Elidibus. Let's just say a lot of people are looking forward to 4.4's story...

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
I beat it, been waiting on 4.4 for a few things, not just the MSQ, really wanting to see if they make Omegascape(as it should be called) /09-012 FF7, because that means we are going to get Safer Sephiroth. But judging from the last two raids, it would be Omega Prime we’d fight, not sephiroth. We’ll see.

MSQ is getting hype, and the CGI trailer for the next expansion should be released soon. Can’t wait.

Lex

Administrator
Did anyone else get their email through for exclusive access to fanfest tickets?

I kind of want to try and go this time, the EU one is in Paris in Feb next year. Tickets are a bit expensive though.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Unless they doing things differently then they did for the NA Fan Fest, the tickets are going to sell out in less then an hour.

The streams of Fan Fest are free this year (except for the music concerts) and the in-game items that come with purchasing tickets are going to be put up on the Mogstation.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
You have to be fucking savage to get a ticket to fanfest. Like, be ready to rip faces off and stuff. Those things get brutal. Just look on the official forums and see for yourself.

Top Bottom