• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Square Enix Graphics Designer Manabu Daishima Passes Away

Square Enix graphics designer Manabu Daishima passed away on July 30. He was 45.

Daishima was found unconscious 30 meters offshore from the Izo Kaiyū Kōen Diving Center in Ito, Shizuoka prefecture. He was diving with two other people, and lost consciousness four meters below the sea surface. The two people who were with him found him and pulled him out of the water.

Daishima has done graphic design work on numerous Squaresoft (later Square Enix) games, including monster design for Romancing SaGa, map and world graphic design for Secret of Mana, field graphics for Chrono Trigger, background graphic design for SaGa Frontier, battle effect graphics for Parasite Eve, field map design for Final Fantasy IX, 3D map design for Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII, and 3D map and background design for Final Fantasy XII.
- Source

I admit to not having paid attention to this name before, but it's fascinating when you learn of the 'unknowns' who has popped up in the ending credits of many games you might have played. Like with Manabu Daishima, it's a sad probability that we'll only learn of these people when they pass away. Rest in peace.

Manabu Daishima appears here in the ending credits of Dirge of Cerberus, as the first name in a team of twelve 3D Map Designers.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Damn! I must admit I don't pay much attention to ending credits in gaming, especially as of late.

RIP.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Only 45...pretty tragic =/

Not to mention having drowned too. The poor guy at such a young age. I feel so terrible for him, his family, friends and everyone at Square Enix.

Rest in Peace.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
Damn, that sucks.

I feel sorry for his friends whom he went diving with too find him like that. Not too mention his Family, friends and people a SE.

RIP.

Top Bottom