• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Poll of Final Fantasy Completion

Which Final Fantasy games have you completed (main story at least)?

• Final Fantasy XI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Fantasy XI: Rise of the Zilart

• Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia

• Final Fantasy XI: Treasures of Aht Urhgan

• Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess

• Final Fantasy XI: Seekers of Adoulin

• Final Fantasy XI: Rhapsodies of Vana'diel

• Total voters

ForceStealer

Double Growth
For the first time, I completed Final Fantasy I last night :D I had started it a few times in the past, but usually got distracted after becoming lost/underlevelled. This time, for whatever reason, it clicked and I actually really enjoyed sussing out where to go next, I only used a guide a couple times for small things. It also helped that three of us were playing together with different party make-ups and really into sharing when we found something interesting.

This was the PSP version (which is functionally equivalent to the iOS/Android version), and it's definitely the most playable and pretty version of the game, with satisfying magic effects and such. It's not quite as pretty as FFIV Complete Collection, but more than serviceable.

So that just leaves, 12, 2, and 3 :monster:

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Played all mainline titles (and its spin offs and sequels) prior to XIII (plan to buy this game sometime this year) and never played at all any of the MMOs. FFII was by far the worst game I played of them all.

Surprised no one here played (to complition the main story) vanilla XIV considering I see a bunch of users here gusebumping with the story of XIV 2.0 onward. Don't you feel like missing something?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I never did, simply because the events of 1.0 are treated like a backstory that might appear in ANY RPG. The knowledge that the backstory actually happened though is pretty cool. Sometimes I think it would be neat to be able to say you were, but it involved what was, by all accounts, a terrible game so... :monster:

And I've heard that about FF2, which is a shame because, in concept, I really like a lot about it. The story actually sounds really fun, even with the requisite imagining you have to so for old games, the Elder Scrolls' levelling system, and the keyword dialogue system. Unfortunately, it sounds like those latter two elements were just implemented very poorly. It seems like a game that a true reworked remake could actually be very good. I've always been a lot more intrigued by it than III, that just sounds like a lackluster version of V.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
@Lulcy: I ended up going and looking up what happened in FFXIV 1.0 to see if anyone got any extra character development. Thankfully, people have put up cutscenes and stuff on YouTube. It was well-worth it. It did change my perspective on the 4.0 story-line a bit, particularly when it came to Zenos and Yotsuyu. Thank goodness neither of them are in any way competent leaders when it really gets down to it. Or rather, thank goodness Gaius is dead and we didn't have to be going against him. Given some of the stuff he pulls off in 1.0, I would not want him to be the one the Alliance/Resistance is up against in Ala Mhigo...

And how many times have we turned on Allagan machines only to find out they actually don't do what we thought we did? You'd think we'd know not to do this by now...

Top Bottom