• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

KH Pop Figures coming but don't get excited

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Oh sweet cheezus almighty... If Kingdom Hearts is getting Pops then there's hope for Final Fantasy yet!

The first sets of Pops for new fandoms usually tend to be small. They're probably making ones like Mickey and Donald first to test the waters and see how they'll sell.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Oh sweet cheezus almighty... If Kingdom Hearts is getting Pops then there's hope for Final Fantasy yet!

The first sets of Pops for new fandoms usually tend to be small. They're probably making ones like Mickey and Donald first to test the waters and see how they'll sell.

But who wants to buy Donald? :( I want to buy chibi Axel, Saix and Demyx... and Vexn... and Xigbar... and hell just release all of the original Organization XIII :monster:

#makeOrgXIIIgreatagain

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I have no idea, man. Sometimes I wonder who approves the sets that come out. You'd be surprised how many prominent characters fail to make appearances until later sets. I know in the Game of Thrones Pops it took them f'ing forever to make a Sansa Pop, and when they did she didn't even have her red hair. >_>

Or with the Disney Pops, many of the princesses have been made, but hardly any of the princes. With KH I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the rest of the characters get made though.

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
Even if Disney would have had to get permission from Square for the outfits and stuff, given the character choice I don't think it was Square making this deal with Pop.

Have they ever done non-Play Arts figures?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I don't think they have but now would be a great time to do so. Maybe if Square sees the disney ones selling well they'll reconsider.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I don't understand why Funko Pops are so popular and I don't understand why I couldn't have come up with something so dumb and obvious and be making millions off it.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I don't understand why Funko Pops are so popular and I don't understand why I couldn't have come up with something so dumb and obvious and be making millions off it.

I love them. I think the best comparison is that they're the Beanie Babies of this generation. Eventually the hype for them will die out.

But I think one of the reasons they're so popular is because they span a wide variety of fandoms. They have them for TV shows, movies, video games, sports players and popular singers; they're even doing a generic pets line, with popular breeds of dogs and cats.

They're also pretty cheap. :monster:

But not unless you become a collector like me. :closedmonster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I like them, but won't pay what they cost to feed the collector in me I had to kill years ago. At one time, I had all the Kotobukiya toys for FFVIII and FFX except for Wedding Dress Yuna. These were awesome toys (FFVIII's Ultima Weapon and the Japanese edition of the Rikku statue were the jewels of this collection). When I had to sell them, I knew I'd never have such a wonderful collection again, so it's been easy to avoid getting into doing it again.

I've only ever bought two, and those were as gifts. But yeah, I totally dig them.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I had this huge collector mindset for awhile like, 'I wanna get ALL the sets that I like!' :reptar:

But it's just too exhausting, and it wears me out. I'm sticking with my favorite characters and that's it. I think the only the complete sets I want would be Game of Thrones. The Star Wars and Harry Potter ones are just way too big to try and track them down and collect them all.

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
I think the idea of having a set of consistenly designed toys from all the things I'm a fan of is a brilliant idea. Problem is that they'll never have everything. SE are definitely one company not helping with that.

I don't particularly like Pop's style. I watch a lot of anime so I'm looking at Nendoroid figures. They're adorable.

But then they have the 10cm regular figures, and the 6cm petite... so even if just go Nendoroid they'll still be random inconsistencies between the figures. And then even if they have the shows I like they don't have all the characters I like. I looked into getting all the Fate/stay Night servants, and incredibly they have six. But why not the seventh!

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I have a few FFX Statues and a lot of the play arts figures from FFVII... most of which got broken somehow due to a clumsy cat... he also ate part of Sephiroth's hair and pooped it out in the same day :monster:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Get excited.

jpeg

jpeg

jpeg

jpeg

jpeg

jpeg

jpeg

Coming in December!

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
At least these will be good Christmas Presents for KH fans this year. Besides, that's only three months away from now....

*Freezes in shock* It's almost the end of 2017 already!

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I have no problems with waiting. I love Kingdom Hearts. Got myself a KH2 Sora Figurine and the last volume of KH2 Manga for my birthday five weeks ago

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Dude, I never once thought we would ever see any non-Disney KH FunkoPops.

FF characters to come in the future?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
oh wow i want all of those... those glowing eyed shadows looks so cute!

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
oh wow i want all of those... those glowing eyed shadows looks so cute!

The Chase variants are a little more rare, so they require some searching. You may be able to order it online, but I'd be wary of that if you're a box collector; shipping isn't too kind to them.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
These KH pops are New York Comic Con exclusives. They might be shared with some retailers, so I'll post that info when I find it.

22046061_1571050262964150_7339146173767940888_n.jpg

22154623_1572598569475986_7488600826794843922_n.jpg

Top Bottom