• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Unpopular Final Fantasy opinions

demonwolf

Pro Adventurer
Tifa is a horrible character and totally unrelatable and irresponsible (who leaves a five year old in charge of a bar?!).

Imma come off as a total Tifa fanboy but Barret shares the larger part of the resposibility. And you're assuming they have the same norms regarding children on the Planet. Or in the slums for that matter. When you're poor you use any helping hand you got, even if it's a 5 year old's. Heck Reeve decided post-AC that children won't be able to join the army like it's a ground breaking innovation. :monster:

That said, a lot of the things Tifa chooses to do is indeed questionable. *coughCloudsmemorycough*

And erm, my last unpopular opinion: Tifa and Rufus are meant to be together. Should guarantee me at least second place?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The bar wasn't open! Why do people insist on thinking this? Yes, she was left unattended, but she wasn't running the bar, come on.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I think there should be more manly men main characters in the Final Fantasy franchise.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
^Raubahn Aldynn and Hilldibrand (all of them) in FFXIV make up for that in spades! On second thought, make that any male Highlander or Au Ra or Roegadeyn and most of the male Midlanders and Garleans. Lolorito Nanarito is also one even if he is a Lalafell... Actually, FFXIV has a lot less effeminate men then a lot of the series. The Elezen are the only ones that might count...

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
With Basch and guest characters Reddas, Vossler and Gabranth XII's got you covered. IV too with Yang, Cid, Tellah, Kain, sometimes Cecil.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
OY I FINALLY THOUGHT OF ONE!

I find Tifa to be a bit of a blank character with a lot of potential that goes unrealised (I think that’s an appropriate use of that word :wacky:).

That being said, I definitely consider myself one of her fans. Indeed, it’s because I’m a big fan of hers that this untapped potential frustrates me. I think too much of her personality and role in the Compilation is defined by Cloud’s own needs and issues.

alsO TSENG NEEDS MORE FUCKING SCREEN TIME.

Last edited:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
^Raubahn Aldynn and Hilldibrand (all of them) in FFXIV make up for that in spades! On second thought, make that any male Highlander or Au Ra or Roegadeyn and most of the male Midlanders and Garleans. Lolorito Nanarito is also one even if he is a Lalafell... Actually, FFXIV has a lot less effeminate men then a lot of the series. The Elezen are the only ones that might count...

That scene at the end of ARR that sets up Heavansward with Raubahn. Ooof , yeah he alone locks that in lol.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Terra used to be one of my favorite characters but I feel like everyone suddenly loves her since Dissidia did the whole "is it blonde or is it green" thing and turned the internet upside down. Now I don't like her so much anymore. :|

Tidus is probably the most realistic of the FF heroes - he reacts as any normal sane person would in his circumstances.
Don't you even. He is a great big ninny baby who shaves his armpits. :watchingu:

I like belts and zippers.
FRIENDSHIP IS IN QUESTION!!!!1111!1!111oneoneone!!!11

demonwolf

Pro Adventurer
OY I FINALLY THOUGHT OF ONE!

I find Tifa to be a bit of a blank character with a lot of potential that goes unrealised (I think that’s an appropriate use of that word :wacky:).

That being said, I definitely consider myself one of her fans. Indeed, it’s because I’m a big fan of hers that this untapped potential frustrates me. I think too much of her personality and role in the Compilation is defined by Cloud’s own needs and issues.

alsO TSENG NEEDS MORE FUCKING SCREEN TIME.

Reason why Cloti is such a turn off for me, as far as the compilation is concerned Tifa acts like a bloody cheerleader, even though she has such darkness in her past. They coulda done so much more with her insecurities and scarring. Hopefully this will be explored in the remake.

About Tseng. As a Turk, I think it's best he remains in the background and does behind the scene deeds in the main game for that whole enigma shebang like Rufus.

So.

Tseng DLC for the remake pls. Then again, if it is ever to be it's more likely a ShinRa DLC but I won't complain.-_-

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Right! I want to like cloti on the principle of respecting whatever narrative that an author/director/creator (etc etc) makes canon, but if I’m honest with myself, lmao, their relationship can be a bit problematic (even if the fanart is cute :P). Indeed, were there any healthy romantic relationships within the whole of the Compilation, lmao? I guess Zack and Aeris might count, though tbh I kinda always preferred the idea of Zack being this playboy who swings from girl to girl, Aeris included (another unpopular opinion?). :okay:

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
I'm not fond of Nomura being in charge of VIIRemake....but for a different reason that I haven't seen being spoken by any detractor.

I'm not fond of Nomura directing the remake not because of the changes he might bring to VII, in fact I welcome them (likely another very unpopular opinion) but because this will keep spreading the misconception of (og) FFVII being a Tetsuya Nomura game instead of Yoshinori Kitase (the name who IMO should be synonym with FFVII in the fandom mind is unfairly being robbed of its title even
more)

demonwolf

Pro Adventurer
Right! I want to like cloti on the principle of respecting whatever narrative that an author/director/creator (etc etc) makes canon, but if I’m honest with myself, lmao, their relationship can be a bit problematic (even if the fanart is cute :P). Indeed, were there any healthy romantic relationships within the whole of the Compilation, lmao? I guess Zack and Aeris might count, though tbh I kinda always preferred the idea of Zack being this playboy who swings from girl to girl, Aeris included (another unpopular opinion?). :okay:
So Zack (dead) never got the chance to swing from Aerith (dead) to another girl? lol

Arguably the healthiest relationship would be Jessie (dead) x Biggs (dead), as for now there's no evidence against it yet. :awesome: Moral of the story: in the world of ff7 you either live with an unhealthy relationship or die with a healthy one.

Maaaybe TsengxElena is healthy?

But when was Cloti canon? :rclosedmonster: Doesn't SE want to keep the love triangle debate going to stoke the embers of ff7 until the remake?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Arguably the healthiest relationship would be Jessie (dead) x Biggs (dead), as for now there's no evidence against it yet. :awesome: Moral of the story: in the world of ff7 you either live with an unhealthy relationship or die with a healthy one.

Other then that Jessie was throwing herself at Cloud throughout her screentime. She was obviously unsatisfied with whatever relationship she had with Biggs.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
"Eyes on Me" is a good song to play at Senior Prom in High School.

*has old traumas*

Top Bottom