Tabletop Simulator - Multiplayer tabletop games online!

Cacti

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Kanthos, Cacti Kanth
Howdy, I'm here to talk about a little game called Tabletop Simulator and why we should play this together as a community!

If you haven't heard about Tabletop Simulator before, let me change that for ya! Tabletop Simulator is well, kind of what it sounds like. It's a game that simulates playing games on a tabletop. The game supports steam workshop, which means mods. And mods mean you can play anything you can imagine, and more. Ish.

Even though we already have two groups playing Dungeons and Dragons I thought something like this could also be a lot of fun to do every now and then with the community! The game is available on PC and is fairly cheap and frequently on sale and should run on a lot of different hardware since it's not crazy graphically intensive!

Here is the link to the steam store page

I'll list some games you're able to play through Tabletop Simulator as an example down below:

Link to the Steam Workshop

D2TqnkS.jpg

We can play up to 8 players at the same time (unless there's a mod for that too). What would you guys say to getting together sometimes and playing some rounds of your favorite tabletop games together? I'm sure it would be a blast! I've had a ton of fun with this the little I've played so far and I'd love for you all to join me!

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
It never occurred to me that there would be so much interesting content in the Workshop. Steam has suggested the game to me many times but I've always just looked at the preview videos and pictures, seen really basic stuff like chess, and thought "not for me". But now I'm interested.

I think it will be difficult to get people together for a game they all have to pay for, though. Especially when it's €20. I suggest you remind people about its existence during the next Steam sale, which will probably be at the end of the year. It's usually only €8 then.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Aaaaaaahhh my friend bought me this game ages ago and I was never able to put it into use. :lol:

UNTIL NOW :kermit:

I am soooo in, this will be a blast <3

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
If I can survive the beginning of the semester pans out and I'm not completely broke, I will happily buy one or two copies of the game for people that are really really interested in making this a regular bi-weekly kinda thing.

Cacti

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Kanthos, Cacti Kanth
Awesome to hear you guys are interested! The game should be going on sale withing the next few weeks since in expecting steam to have a winter sale, or one of the many other stores that sell keys for steam like Greenman Gaming or Humble Bundle. There's also keyseller sites for those that want to use them. I've seen the game for a little less than 9 euro right now, for those that would want to peruse that.

Is there a particular date or time you guys would want to get together for a session? With Christmas coming up I'm sure things will get a little hectic for some of us, myself included. I'll be out of the country from the 18th to the 26th so we should try and get something before that! Most days work for me, but due to work and being European it might be tricky to have a lot of overlap on our schedules

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I've got saturdays off from January 15th and on to ensure I have time to do exams each week. So I welcome saturdays as a day to also destress with a game night when I'm finished.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
This is on sale now! Would anyone be interesting in splitting a four-pack? It works out cheaper per person that way than buying individually: &#8364;6.87 vs &#8364;9.99.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
First four people to respond to this post with their steam name (even if I've added you already) gets a free copy.

Go :monster:

Top Bottom