Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
I saw someone make an interesting observation of the final quest in the game...

The name of the final quest. The Cure for Insomnia, the cure of a person that can't sleep, Noctis killing Ardyn is basically him putting an end to his immortality, Ardyn can finally sleep.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Watching Kingsglaive for the first time.

I have no fucking idea what's going on. So far it's visually spectacular, the plot is meh and some of the voice acting/script is fucking terrible at parts :closedmonster:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I saw someone make an interesting observation of the final quest in the game...

The name of the final quest. The Cure for Insomnia, the cure of a person that can't sleep, Noctis killing Ardyn is basically him putting an end to his immortality, Ardyn can finally sleep.

That is...

Wow. I've actually never thought about that before. :closedmonster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I caught that delicious play on words somewhere along the line in my many viewings. I really love the flavors of the localization more most of the time.

For example, in Japanese this one was just
王都決戦 ("Battle for the Capital")
. Which is ehhh by comparison.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Honestly it is one of the best localization choices I've ever seen. It works on multiple levels, a few of which have been mentioned but:
- Insomnia is the name of the city long plagued by monsters. 'Curing' it is the result of the final chapter.
- Insomnia, the condition, causes people to stay awake through the night. The inhabitants of Eos have been awake constantly through night due to the world of darkness. This is resolved in this chapter
- Ardyn himself states he has been living, awake, in darkness for millennia. This is its own form of insomnia which he goads Noct into curing.

There's probably more ways to interpret this.
All in all it's an excellent play on words and fits thematically with the game's conclusion, its world and the struggles of its characters.

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Are they fucking serious with the "quick recipeh"? Jesus.

Hey – I'll take my tongue-in-cheek moment of levity in Episode Ignis wherever I can get it, since I'm pretty certain that the actual story content of the whole thing is just going to be emotionally devastating from start to finish.

X :neo:

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Hey – I'll take my tongue-in-cheek moment of levity in Episode Ignis wherever I can get it, since I'm pretty certain that the actual story content of the whole thing is just going to be emotionally devastating from start to finish.

Despite my "French" there, I didn't mean it in a bad way!! I thought it was hilariously out of place. Loved it.

Just to make it clear, I wasn't against it :lol: .

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
New FFXV update is available--13GB big!! Adds character switching and more.

DQz5TpqUEAAqM1-.jpg

EDIT:

FFXV Update 1.20 adds: Character Switching (Via Ascension grid).
Compatibility with Episode Ignis.
Various bug fixes.
Additional content Comrades.
Ezma as vendor.
Comrades and Episode Iggy music to music player.
Timed quest has concluded.

Last edited:

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Quite enjoyed both the main story and the "alternate". While I'm enjoying all of these, one can't help but feel that having them during the main game would have made the whole thing even more enjoyable and rounded.

Not that I'm complaining here, and I know this wasn't finished when the game shipped, but you know.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

Jeeze damn, I cannot even express how INCREDIBLY pleased I am with this. I only died once – in the absolute DUMBEST way ever, and then powered through the main game and alternate ending, and dear fucking gods, I am loving this Episode beyond my wildest expectations. I was wondering what was up when
the preview page used an in-game image, rather than artwork, but man... I never really expected the final version of the main Episode screen to have
non-blind Ignis when you completed the alternate verse.

Jeeze damn, dude. I cannot even deal. Overall, the combat was engaging as HELL, and I'm really wondering more and more about the character-specific designs' impact on FFVIIR, and how THOROUGHLY enjoyable it is being able to play as each of the individual characters. Some other points:
The Ardyn-appearing-as-Gladio scene TOTALLY fooled me, and was brilliantly executed. I loved all the stuff with Rayvus being torn about how he's feeling, and then the way that they all show up in the end, as we see older Rayvus. Also, I'm wondering if during the credits of the Alternate Verse if we're seeing a preview of some of the little bits and pieces of what's yet to come in Comrades with some of those scenes.

Lastly:
Ring of the Lucii Ignis is hot as fuuuuuuuuck. Dear gods. Very few male characters really make me swoon, but he knocks my heart straight into space.

Oh man. Gonna make a point of Trophy Hunting around now.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Okay, despite this being shocking and surprising, not to mention the Alternate ending was completely unexpected and while I'm glad that
Ignis didn't lose his sight in the alternate universe
, I actually prefer the original ending of the main game.

It broke my heart when I saw this ending.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
So, uh... some interesting trivia here for y'all. :closedmonster:

December 13th commemorates the Festival of Saint Lucia, a 3rd century martyr who became the patron saint of the blind and those with eye trouble. It marks the beginning of the Christmas season in Swedish custom.

Saint Lucia also symbolizes bringing the 'light' of Christianity back into a world of darkness.

. . .

Coincidence? I think not.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Note: On the Friendly Match, Rayvus will occasionally join and assist you. It is incredibly helpful when it happens, but it only happened once while I was still sort of figuring out the best tactics to be able to overcome the absolutely nuts task of defeating a fully powered Noctis.

Properly puts into perspective how much of a badass Noctis is in a way I'd never really appreciated before.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
For anyone looking to collect all the Key Items: They're not just Documents.

Also, I find it humorous that I completed everything aside from the Bronze Trophies relatively easily by going through the playthrough once. Killing 100 people with Total Clarity, man. That feels like it'll be a concerted effort, but it probably wouldn't've been if I didn't just insta-load my save to to Verse 2.

Might try and see if I can buy all his glasses and whatnot this time through.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Oh shit, I haven't played Episode Prompto yet. I best get to it asap because this latest Episode really got me interested out of the three <3

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Got to 100% on Ignis!!! Gonna go back and do some of Episode Prompto this weekend, and then see if I can't get around to doing the 100k Gladio Challenge if I get stuck / bored with that. (I'm actually surprised at how little of Prompto's DLC I've done. I think that I plowed through the storyline, and then go caught up with something else). Either way, it'll be nice to have FFXV back at 100% again soonish.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Fun DLC. That alternate ending is horrible though. 100% fanservice without logic.

Also, how are you supposed to beat Noctis? It's so hard... Probably not gonna try it ever again.

Top Bottom