• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The match up you've been waiting for

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
So what pair of heroes and villains (or heroes vs heroes, or villains vs villains) have you been waiting to see? The best thing about Dissidia is that it has heroes and villains from different FFs fighting each other and thus things can get pretty interesting.

So what match up were you happy to see or are you hoping to see? :monster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Kefka vs. Sephiroth (to prove that the clown can beat that swordsman)
Jecht vs. Sephiroth
Jecht vs. Tidus
Tidus vs. Garland
Garland vs. Jecht

Kefka vs Sephiroth;
The fact that the fanbase of each dislikes the opposite villain so much would have made this an epic fight to see in story mode.
I believe that if it did happen I would have heard of it now. But meh, you can't get a 100% fanservice.

Cloud vs Squall
These two were for a long time my definition of the FF main character archetype (mostly because I hadn't played any other FF), and therefore I like the idea of them duking it out.

Squall vs Sephiroth
The few seconds of this epic battle was totally worth it. I had no idea it was such an awesome idea, but when I first saw it it just felt right you know. :monster:

That's it.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Why do you want to see Onion Knight and Garland fight? *is curious*

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=280.msg6896#msg6896 date=1231529282]So what match up were you happy to see or are you hoping to see? :monster:[/quote]

I don't know much about the storyline, except that Chaos wishes to take over the universe as the dominate of himself and Cosmos. In this, I would like to see the interaction between Chaos and Cosmos, and see them fight it out.

Speaking of which, what is it said, if anyone knows,
between Chaos and Cosmos when Cosmos collapses and Chaos appears above her in the air? Also, what's said about Cosmos by Chaos at the end of the game...?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well...Arianna

Cosmos dies. In the end, it's too late and Chaos takes the upper hand, killing Cosmos, leaving the heroes by themselves. With Cosmos dead, the heroes begin to disappear one by one, but thanks to the Crystals they are able to come back, and thus the final conflict begins in "Shade Impulse."

Cosmos is apparently not much of a fighter.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=280.msg6979#msg6979 date=1231549864]
Well...Arianna

Cosmos dies. In the end, it's too late and Chaos takes the upper hand, killing Cosmos, leaving the heroes by themselves. With Cosmos dead, the heroes begin to disappear one by one, but thanks to the Crystals they are able to come back, and thus the final conflict begins in "Shade Impulse."

[/quote]

I was kinda hoping that the villains would be the ones who would do that, in the same the heroes were facing Chaos together.

Fights i would like to see:

Garland vs. Gabranth

Golbez vs. Exdeath

One of these battles kinda happens in the storyline.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=280.msg6979#msg6979 date=1231549864]
Well...Arianna

[/quote]

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Okay, well, wait, I'm lost then...

Cosmos is dead, but her fighters live on due to the crystals... What's Shade Impulse?

And does Cosmos come back or no?

Then, what hope is there?! So Chaos won the battle?!

Okay, so what's Chaos saying about her at the end? Or, is he simply posing his victory and 'mysteriously disappears' in the spewing lava and ash?

:o :'( :o :'( :o :'( Cosmos... she cannot die! :o :'( :o :'( :o :'(

Thank you, MakoEyes - but, if you'd be so kind to read above and help me out some more. :)

Sorry, had to re-read and edit this comment due to not reading clearly the first time.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I don't know the specifics but

Chaos somehow got her while the heroes were busy gathering the crystals against their respective villains. When they return to her with the crystals, she says its too late and dies, and then Chaos appears, taunts, and then the villains appear and taunt too, while the heroes all vanish one by one.

The hope that remains is the crystals. The crystals guide them back to keep fighting, and thus, Shade Impulse begins, the final part of the story, which you play through with the character of your choice, which ends with them fighting Chaos.

And I'm not sure what you're talking about regarding the lava.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=280.msg6986#msg6986 date=1231551352]
I don't know the specifics but

Chaos somehow got her while the heroes were busy gathering the crystals against their respective villains. When they return to her with the crystals, she says its too late and dies, and then Chaos appears, taunts, and then the villains appear and taunt too, while the heroes all vanish one by one.

The hope that remains is the crystals. The crystals guide them back to keep fighting, and thus, Shade Impulse begins, the final part of the story, which you play through with the character of your choice, which ends with them fighting Chaos.

And I'm not sure what you're talking about regarding the lava.
[/quote]

The credits roll a very short while later, after this Shade Impulse (I am guessing, from what you've said above). Chaos is extending his body while flames/volcano lava spews behind him/around him. Some of it covers him and then he disappears. He's saying something about Cosmos in the dialogue. If I find a link, I'll post it. Anyhow, so when Cosmos collapses, she's dying? Got'cha.

Thanks again!

Warning! Link contains spoilers; also is not a very good capture, but features the voices:

[ame="http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=8tgVYKeIrSA"]YouTube - Dissidia- Ending/Warrior Of Light/Chaos[/ame]

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I don't really know what's being said by him. All I know is what the heroes say when they go back home.

But yeah, Cosmos ends up dying though and the heroes get left on their own.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=280.msg6989#msg6989 date=1231552352]
I don't really know what's being said by him. All I know is what the heroes say when they go back home.

But yeah, Cosmos ends up dying though and the heroes get left on their own.
[/quote]

That... bites. :( But thank you for the information.

What are the heroes saying when they go home?

Again, thank you.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Man reading all the spoilers makes me think Cosmos totally blows. Why is she there when she
can't even put up a fight? Chaos can hold his own and all but Cosmos is taken out like a chicken in a farmyard

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Probably cause
chaos is just stronger than order. Blowing shit up and destruction is something Chaos is probably better at than a goddess who just tries to maintain peace and harmony.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
But
her dying and all is anti climactic, and too predictable. Like Ben Kenobi and all that. Perhaps being star wars fans, they used her death as a nod to Ben?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Wow...I never even saw it that way.

I personally think it was a way of putting the actual destiny and fate of Final Fantasy back in the hands of the heroes. I think it'd actually be more anti-climactic if the good "Goddess" of FF just used her god skills and made all the bad things go away. With Cosmos dying, the heroes had to essentially fight the devil and put him in his place. I find that a lot more interesting than letting Cosmos do it herself.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
OBJECTION

I respectfully disagree. If they plan to destroy evil and put it in its place then they have to do it together. For some reason, I find that more beautifully executed. But her dying permanently wasn't my way of a good end to the goddess of good. But I theorize like evil, she will come back to aid the heroes in some form. Just like Ben did to Luke (lulz, the FF dudes really used a Star Wars reference there not counting Nanaki in FFVII and the Baang'a man in FFXII)

Edit: personally on topic, I'd love to match up with anyone using Jecht. hoping to master him in ways I can never imagine. They say he's good for fighting game users. And I'd like to master Kefka, they say he's a little tricky.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
How do the heroes find out that the
goddess Cosmos has been killed
?

Personally, I think
killing Cosmos was very unique and interesting, yet also very disturbing idea and a bad omen.

My like for it comes from my own 'teh dramaz' side. My dislike for it comes from my - well, all other sides! :P

Of course, I'm superstitious. ;D Anyone want an astrology/horoscope thread made?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
They literally come back to the room/place where Cosmos resides, see her, she tells them she's dying and the world will be flung into discord. And then fades away.

Then the entire area turns dark, on fire, and lava spews everywhere.

The whole opening and stuff...where the heroes just clash with the final villains in CGI...that takes place after that, near the end.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Hmmmmmm... :-\

So many questions I do have!

Alas, I do not speak Japanese.

I am very much on edge for this game! :)

... Wonder what the official English translation's going to be like?

I've been watching some more cutscenes via YouTube - one can find some subtitled ones, but it seems few (and frustrating).

Sadly, I cannot find (all) the ones involving Chaos and Cosmos! Grrrrr... >:(

There is one where
Cosmos collapses before her warriors and Chaos comes in hovering above her. She still seems conscious though very weak. That's the scene I'm interested in having translated/finding out what's going on.

Thank you again, MakoEyes. If you're not objectionable, and you know what I'm talking about in my spoiler section... Please?

Note: It frustrates me to try and search for this one scene but I know it was there in one of the trailers! It's as I described in the 'spoiler' note.

If I could give a link for the scene/a video including said scene to watch, I would be greatly happy too... Alas, no such luck yet. :(

Heartway

Lv. 25 Adventurer
As a nod to the secondary discussion:
NOOO!! YOU CAN'T...YOU JUST CAN'T KILL THE GODDESS. IT'S NOT FAIR. That's it. When i get Dissidia, I'm going to break my foot up in Chaos' ass. You don't just kill the goddess and think you can get away with it. *bitchfit*

In the meantime, for the match-ups:

Terra vs Sephiroth. I want to see a real lady kick Seph's ass for once.
In truth, I want to see everybody vs everybody else, just to see how the personalities mix and match and clash and various other things.

Top Bottom