• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

GENESIS: Tell me all we know!

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
There's too many pages for this for me to try and find out if someone's brought this up already, but earlier everyone was playing with the fact that Genesis, like a big baby, slept through meteorfall when he's supposed to be protecting the planet. Then it struck me, what if Genesis was the one guiding the lifestream to stop meteor in the first place. I mean that's his job, he works for the planet to protect the planet, and the planet needed saving and it was saved through, what is imo, one of the best employments of deus ex machina in storytelling.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Now that you mentioned it..

If Genesis was really inclined to protect the Planet, what the heck was he doing during Meteor :closedmonster:

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
^^Only its implied that's what Aerith was doing...

Shit you're totally right :P thought I was on to something.

And Unlucky, yeah that's a pretty relevant question. You'd think with his antagonism towards Sephiroth would have even encouraged him to wake up and show off his Gaia Guardian powers, but that didn't happen. I just read on FF wiki that it was Genesis who sealed himself away, which I had always assumed was something Minerva did. This would imply that he also woke himself up, which requires an amount of sentience. Now, here's the million dollar question (or at least my silly million dollar question :P ). Was Genesis asleep for the whole time he was locked up in there? If he was conscious that would kinda be ridiculous and unbelievable since I know I couldn't spend however many years with only myself as company. Here's what I'm getting at, during his sleep was his consciousness somehow floating about the Lifestream similar to pre-OG Sephiroth, able to sense when it was in need of help? Of course in that case I'm also curious to Genesis' interaction with Sephiroth and Aerith within the lifestream.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
^^X-SOLDIER wrote a really good article about that (it's on the front page).

The gist of it was that Genesis is the Plant's last defense. At the time of the Meteor Crisis the Planet had woken all of WEAPON up and Holy had been summoned. Genesis probably wouldn't have been able to make a difference. Also, I think we can assume the Planet/Minerva is smart enough not to risk all her resources at the same time.

However, after DoC, there are no more WEAPONs left. The last defense the Planet has is AVALANCHE... and they're human. So waking Genesis up then is probably a smart move on the Planet's part.

Also, Genesis met Weiss and Nero after CC (and somehow managed to leave/fight his way out of Deepground). So he would probably take note when Weiss' body crash-landed into his cave.

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
However, after DoC, there are no more WEAPONs left. The last defense the Planet has is AVALANCHE... and they're human. So waking Genesis up then is probably a smart move on the Planet's part.

Well, I don't think the planet did anything directly to protect itself because the whole genius of Deepground's plan was tricking the planet into doing the destroying for them. But yeah, that sounds pretty logical.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Now that you mentioned it..

If Genesis was really inclined to protect the Planet, what the heck was he doing during Meteor :closedmonster:

It's implied he was sleeping. He probably didn't know what was going on after Deepground took him...who knows if they did experiments on him after that...

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Just wondering... you guys think Genesis will be an optional boss in Remake? :3

ForceStealer

Double Growth
A boss? I doubt it. I would think Modeoheim as an optional dungeon is far more likely. According to the story, no one's even heard of him until Vincent finds the files in Dirge three years later.

Who knows, of course, but I'd be a little surprised, especially since Genesis can be the carrot to dangle for a sequel if they ever wanted to do one.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Or they might just scrap the "no one knows who Genesis is" angle. They definitely acted like it was that way in Crisis Core. Whatever happens ins FFVIIR is going to be the most recent canon, so...

Top Bottom