• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Fenrir (The bike)

SeraphSephiroth

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Hey there!

I'm a long time member and a long time Lurker, but I'm crawling out of the woodwork to ask a few questions for a project I intend to work on.

I want to create a full scale replica of the Fenrir bike (Road legal of course), but information on the actual size of the bike, as well as engine type, and multi-angle concept art, are scarce. The most I can tell is that the bike would be around 2.6m long, but that's just a guess. Can anyone shed more light on the tech specs of Fenrir?

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
I think the concept arts from the wikia page are a good place to start.
The main problem is that Fenrir is really "fictional", with little resemblance to an existing motorcycle model on Earth. So if you want technical specs beyond the size (engine specs, weight, etc.), I'm not sure you can find a real-life equivalent.
This is very unlike the case of the Hardy Daytona, which was largely based on the 1985 model of the Yamaha V-max.

SeraphSephiroth

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I think the concept arts from the wikia page are a good place to start.
The main problem is that Fenrir is really "fictional", with little resemblance to an existing motorcycle model on Earth. So if you want technical specs beyond the size (engine specs, weight, etc.), I'm not sure you can find a real-life equivalent.
This is very unlike the case of the Hardy Daytona, which was largely based on the 1985 model of the Yamaha V-max.

Even the actual dimensions should be enough

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Would scaling based on its size relative to Cloud help? We know how tall Cloud is supposed to be so you could probably figure it out if you try it.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
If it's about defining the size, I think of 2 elements which could serve as the basis for scaling, because they should be fairly standard:
- The diameter of the wheels (rims, excluding the tires), it should be between 15" and 18" (i.e. between 38 and 42 cm).
- The height of the seat, which should be about 30" (ie. 75 cm).

I'm not so knowledgeable about motorcycle, but I think a good lead would be to see what kind of wheel size fits what kind of motorcycle (especially if you wish to build a functional model), set an appropriate wheel size, and scale from there. Although it seems the front and rear wheels are fairly different in size.

SeraphSephiroth

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I can scale the body length (pipes to front wheel) to 2.6 meters. Would the seat height really be that high? It looks kinda scalloped out.

Remnant-of-VII

Black Mage Mechanic
AKA
Remy
I think you could use a flat
vis_item_boxerengine.jpg
twin engine out of a BMW bike and throw in a set of aftermarket camshafts for a boost in power since it may end up being on the heavy side. Also it will give it a nice little lope in the idle, which anyone will appreciate. You'll also need to find some kind of ECM or aftermarket controller to run it since it's fuel injected along with a dyno tune for the camshaft. As far as transmissions go, I'd stick with the six speed that fits the motor and look at an aftermarket option of clutches for the increase in power.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
These guys made tiny ones:

I remember once seeing a pic of some guys at a con who modded a regular motorcycle to look like Fenrir, albeit still smaller than in the movie, and it looked decent. I can't seem to find pics now, though.

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
My bike wheels are 17 inches I believe. The closest real world engine I can think off that matches Fenrir is the BMW engine found in most of their adventure bikes. The Pistons run horizontal, sticking out of the sides like Fenrir. Any questions about bikes, let me know. It's a single sided swing arm that could be shaft driven as apposed to chain. Don't remember seeing a chain on fenrir. The front light housing will more than likely hold the electronics, air box and the front suspension.

Edit:would have helped if I read all the comments first lol

Last edited:

SeraphSephiroth

Lv. 25 Adventurer
My bike wheels are 17 inches I believe. The closest real world engine I can think off that matches Fenrir is the BMW engine found in most of their adventure bikes. The Pistons run horizontal, sticking out of the sides like Fenrir. Any questions about bikes, let me know. It's a single sided swing arm that could be shaft driven as apposed to chain. Don't remember seeing a chain on fenrir. The front light housing will more than likely hold the electronics, air box and the front suspension.

Edit:would have helped if I read all the comments first lol

I'm considering bringing the size down a bit because a bike that large is gonna have some issues in maneuvering into carparks and around bends. I'm also considering a hydraulic stand because the bike is going to be hella heavy.

Top Bottom