SE Recruiting for Remake Level Planner

Lex

Administrator
Can somebody translate this?

Google translate has this:

【Progress of current project】
FF VII REMAKE has all functions and contents implemented We are constantly examining the program within the development team, but while it is satisfying to say that we reproduce the original with high quality graphics, it is already one step higher than the quality that can meet the expectations of fans We have reached the conclusion that we should aim for. "

For reference games usually have a shitload of level planners so this doesn't tell us much about the state of development (before anyone jumps to conclusions).

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yeah, I figured this would lead to overreactions in other corners of the net ("omg they're still looking for planners they haven't even begun yet!!!11) jfc

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
So, while I'm not the go-to person for translating, I'm gonna speculate a bit based on working in the software development industry.

From the posting, it also looks like it's a contract position. In the engineering industry, hiring contractors usually means that their existing staff are solid booked with work already for most of the Sprint Cycles in the foreseeable future, and they're reaching out for additional help with hitting project deadlines and whatnot. That's good because it's an indication that, internally at least, there's some semblance of a schedule that they're trying to meet, so even if there isn't a Release Date announced, this makes it feel likely that they have one in mind, at least at the Project level.

Contractors are also usually one of two things: They're either helping to bolster an existing team with some work in areas where they're bottlenecking a bit, or they're doing some smaller bits of mostly self-contained side-work that are connected to, but usually branched a bit from the main work that the rest of the team is doing. Both are connected to staying on deadlines for development.

I'm gonna speculate a bit more that this is a good indication that they're comfortable with the direction that they're going with the game, and the look of things, and that they're trying to get some additional assistance in making the gameplay flow feel natural and work smoothly, and possibly intentionally bring in talent that's external to their team for a slightly different perspective on what they've been making so far (note that the end indicates that you don't even need to be familiar with FFVII to apply or get the position).

X :neo:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Here's Siliconera's article on the topic: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/1...progress-shared-new-recruitment-core-members/

Their translation of the section Lex quoted:

While Final Fantasy VII Remake’s programs for general functions and contents are being tested within the development team as required, the part about reproducing the original work in high-quality graphics is reaching a satisfactory standard, and we’ve come to the conclusion that in order to meet fan expectations we must increase its quality another step higher.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
As a follow-up now that Siliconera's posted their translation, it looks like this isn't just doing solely auxiliary work, and the position is looking to potentially bring in the Contractors on officially depending on how the work goes. Also, they'll be working closely alongside and being a part of the core team, with the idea that they'd eventually join in the core team if that goes well which is awesome to hear.

Overall, it sounds like a really healthy hiring mindset, and I can't help but think that there's SOME of this happening based on how much external eyes and good feedback really helped to polish FFXV on things over time. I feel like especially with the "increase its quality another step higher" along with the way that they've DEFINITELY elevated XV beyond where it was at on release, I think that they're focused on achieving something as polished as XV will be at its end, upon the launch of FFVIIR. (That's not to say I don't still expect some DLC and updates), but there's a VERY clear difference in mindset here from the "We know what's best, please be excited" to showing that they're taking a much more broad approach to create something that everyone REALLY genuinely loves.

X :neo:

Lex

Administrator
@Tets or anyone willing, do you think you could throw an article up for this? Preferably with some opinion in it rather than just a link dump. I was going to do it myself but I really need to sleep, I'm exhausted. If not then I'll do it tomorrow after work.

Radigar

Pro Adventurer
New screenshot from FFVII Remake, maybe Air Buster

DeRquTaV4AA9bpC

Source: https://twitter.com/aibo_ac7/status/1001042418299359233?s=19

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I really love the size and perspective of Air Buster. It immediately feels a heck of a lot more like a threat. More importantly, the size also lends itself to the limb-targeting mechanics like with the Guard Scorpion, maybe even specific event-triggering mechanics to run up the opponent and hit specific areas.

Ugh. Please give us Remake news soon. :awesome:

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
I can't really see how this could have been an accident. The screen is right next to him, lol.
Show us what ya got, Square.

Lex

Administrator
Nice newspost Shad. Someone on the FB thinks Tifa might be in the image to the left of Cloud, but I'm not so sure.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
seeing a hd model and comparing it with the original game has made me want them to do what they did in one of the newer metal gear solid games, and have optional skins with the retro designs

i want to be able to play in a realistic 3d midgar as a weird clunky lego cloud in purple parachute pants

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Nice newspost Shad. Someone on the FB thinks Tifa might be in the image to the left of Cloud, but I'm not so sure.

The two things that might vaguely resemble Tifa are a wheel (far left) and some weird light reflection (immediate left), IMHO anyway. Make of that what you will since I'm not renowned for my sight. :monster:

Top Bottom