FFXV leaks from June [MAJOR SPOILERS!]

It's me again with yet another thread from... you guessed it. Gaf.

MAJOR SPOILERS!

Poster on 4chan correctly leaked the title of MS conference's FFXV demo (Trial of the Titan).

And he shared more.

A lot more.

Warning: MASSIVE spoilers.

"Gentianas role in the story."
Gentiana is Shiva in human disguise. dogs are Shiva servants.

"who dies? who is final boss?"
Luna and the dad die, final boss is Ardyn, the red head guy
Luna dies
>King dies
Where the f*** is the happy ending then?
Noctis will get to see loli ghost Luna so it's okay. Also his bros are fine.

"can u romance aranea pls answer this"
You can't romance anybody

"What are all the summons, and how do they look?"
Titan, ramuh, carbuncle, leviathan, shiva, ifrit, bahamut.

"is pic related still in the game
and are any of the outfits from Versus XIII in the game?" -> pic http://i.imgur.com/809NrhX.jpg
He's not. If he is, it's literally some unrecognizable unamed side role.
Also I can't promise they're in the game because the costumes are kind of the last thing on the devs mind right now, but it is up for consideration

" What recent changes have they made?"
Nothing they've changed recently would be interesting. They've got a lot of Luna/Noctis flashbacks they made to be thrown around in the last act of the game and they don't know what to do with them really

"Will Noctis become a King?
I guess you could say he becomes King, but doesn't have much to rule over by the end

"Can you explore Lucis and the other cities? how big are the cities"
You only go into Lucis for the final boss fight, so don't get excited about it. The other cities are JRPG town sized, nothing special. Most of the map is empty land.

"Does the game have a lot of towns and cities?"
No

"Give a basic plot outline. The script may not be finalised but you must have some idea."
There's a full script as of nov, its just changing because it's a mess.
>opens 10 years in the future fighting ifrit
>real game starts, being sent off for wedding
>on the way hear city got invaded
>set out to collect weapons of dead kings to be powerful and take back crystal
>also have to catch up to luna who's waking up summons
>when you get to luna red haired guy kills her
>everybody is sad for a while
>red hair guy reveals he's 2000 years old
>Noctis has to sleep for 10 years to gather magic into kings ring to fight him
>Noctis gets out and the group fights him in main city
>Ifrit first, then normal red head, then monster version of him
>Noctis wins
that's it.

"So whats the design like for 10 years older Noctis?"
it's not modeled yet, when you play it now it's just young him. I haven't seen concept art but ghost Regis notes that he looks older, so he probably has new defining features.

"How do summon fights go? Does Noctis really push back Titan with just his sword? Why are the weapons of past Lucis Kings spread throughout the world instead of in Lucis?"
They're like normal boss fights but large scale, and for stuff like titan you have to do mini dungeons around him while he's whailing at you to get to him. You can parry them like any other boss. The weapons are spread out because they're buried in sacred places related to the crystal

"tell me about attires, can you change the clothes?
I know about the suit, anything else?"
You actually can change the party members clothes, but it's pointless, you aren't getting anything that isn't black

"1.Why did they change Regis' design
2.Why did Nomura leave FFXV
3.How long is the game (playtime) and is the map really as big as they say?"
1.Because they had to rewrite a lot of story to cut it down from a trilogy to one game and the dad character got changed a lot. Also to make him look more like the Kingsglave design
2.Because of said Nomura trilogy hopes, and because Square would rather have him on KH3 and FF7 remake. With Nomura it would have been good, but would have taken way more time just to get part 1 out, like an extra 2 years
3.~40 hours right now, but they're trying to bump it to about 50 by strongly encouraging more fetch quests. The map isn't done in a playable form, it's segmented levels right now, some of which work and some don't

"Any dlc they are preparing?
Any info you have on kh3 and ff7r? release date or something?"
Yeah, its coming, but they don't know what yet except one about Gladio since there's almost nothing about him in game. They're more worried about main game now.
No news on those, not a lot of communication about them going on

"1.Is the combat still s***, or are they actually fixing it?
2.why did they change the battle system from E3 2013?"
1.Its virtually identical to how it is when you fight as older Noctis in the plat demo. They changed team specials to L1 from the old demo. If you liked plat demo its fine. If you didn't it's s*** for good.
2.E3 2013 was a proof of concept based on Noruma's version of what the game would have been and nothing more. Tabata was already changing it and the characters/story while it was being made to show at e3.

"Plase tell me they fixed the phantom swords, it's impossible to control that s***. Please say they did."
the swords are a little less like in the first demo now and a little more like when you went final form in KH2 if that makes you feel better. But don't get too excited, its like half way between both

">>Tabata was already changing it and the characters/story while it was being made to show at e3
But Nomura was still the director back then, Tabata said he became the director in December of 2013."
that's not how things like that work. You don't just jarringly shift production like that, its gradual. Nomura did direct the trailer they showed at e3 in 2013

"Is FFXVI being worked on right now? and by who?"
FFXVI is only going to happen if XV does well (this sounds suspect to me but S-E so...)

"I don't believe you. Even if XV only sells 3 millions, XVI would happen, even with a much smaller scale. They're probably working on XVI as we speak."
I can promise you they aren't. Everything is going into XV main team, Other teams are working on 7 remake and KH3. There's nobody sitting around somewhere doing XVI in secret

"The game is being made in Japan with the localization team being in Japan with them. No one believes you"
its been tested in the US in english and in 7 languages in EU right now

"Stella was replaced with Luna and Regis is still in the game, his design changing means nothing towards his role. Prompto design also changed idiot. Kill yourself "
You're treating Luna and Stella like they're comparable. They aren't. As I've said before, a lot of the shift from V13 to 15 was about maintaining an image to keep fans and hype from V13 going, so they needed a blonde chick to replace Stella, and that's Luna. Luna isn't a slightly rewritten Stella, its a completely different character. The point is, things have significantly changed in the game since then. And they're still changing now, 4 months before release

"Do you know anything about the Japanese voice actor of Iedolas? was he changed? i heard he died not long ago."
I don't know much, but they're rerecording a lot of dialogue for the game anyway because it's still in rewrites, especially for the 2nd half. It's in about the same state as bioshock infinite where they showed trailers with the same scenes as the release game, but the release game had 100% different dialogue over a different plot

"How could the game be so unfinished, yet still being worked on, a few months from release? "
It's not normal. The lock for english voice recording is supposed to be in 3 weeks, but they keep re-writing lines. Everybody is nervous as f*** about Sept30 release. Expect big day 1 patch

"Will it have PS4K compatible features?"
Nobody is touching it right now. There's only like 2 hours "playable" on ps4 and xbox version barely turns on. Nobody is thinking about PS4k, just porting and optimizing for PS4. Xbox build is like 3 weeks behind

"You're lying. They already confirmed in December last year that the game is playable from start to finish and all the content was done, and all that all they have left is polishing and debugging."
It was finished and you could play it start to finish on the high end PCs they made it on, but the PS4 port is a mess, and they started design and re-writes after the normal wrap because it's going over like s*** with people, like pick up shots to fix a movie.

">>Nobody is touching it right now. There's only like 2 hours "playable" on ps4 and xbox version barely turns on. Nobody is thinking about PS4k, just porting and optimizing for PS4. Xbox build is like 3 weeks behind.
Oh come on. It would have been delayed to December or early 2017 if that were the case. Come up with more believable bulls***."
I know what it sounds like, but its true

">>There's only like 2 hours "playable" on ps4
But Episode Duscae 2.0 ran fine on PS4. Is that the 2 hours you mean?"
That was given months and months and months of dedicaded care and a 2.0 patch. And believe it or not that part of the game does not actually run as well as the demo right now. Really only the opening 2 hours "run"

---

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1233181

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Its_true_all_of_it.0.gif

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
I'm just going to go over this, there are some very big differences between the final product and this leak.

then monster version of him
This final boss was cut from the game, it's speculated to be a combination of Ifrit and Adryn.

but ghost Regis
Cut from Game.

1.Because they had to rewrite a lot of story to cut it down from a trilogy to one game and the dad character got changed a lot. Also to make him look more like the Kingsglave design
2.Because of said Nomura trilogy hopes, and because Square would rather have him on KH3 and FF7 remake. With Nomura it would have been good, but would have taken way more time just to get part 1 out, like an extra 2 years

Two big things I don't really think everyone has looked at. The way Final Fantasy 7 Remake is being released is the exact way Final Fantasy XV was going to be released under Nomura. Final Fantasy XV was going to be 3 parts, and they had to cut everything down into that one game. It would've taken much longer, but we would've gotten a lot more, and more so resembling Versus XII and the other XV trailers.

Luna isn't a slightly rewritten Stella, its a completely different character. The point is, things have significantly changed in the game since then. And they're still changing now, 4 months before release

This is also apparently clear with how Luna's character is portrayed in the final product. Much of Luna was even cut including the abuse she was suppose to suffer from Nifheim, and the fact Noctis was suppose to kill her in the beginning of the game. Which is shown in the Omen trailer. Yea the Omen trailer was canon, and also why Ravus would've hunted you down through out the entire game.
ALL CUT.

One such scene involved the game’s original opening – a Midgar-esque start off in the modern city of Insomnia in which Noctis and friends would eventually escape from Niflheim’s invasion.

This part can be seen during the E3 2013 trailer. Noctis and crew were suppose to be escaping from Insomina. Just imagine they removed the Midgar part of 7, and we started in the open world getting handed our PHS. That's what the did here.

Last edited:

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Noctis wasn't supposed to kill Luna, lol. Digic pretty much made a concept video, and for some reason Square rationalised it as some kinda premonition for Regis/Nightmare sequence for Noctis (That leads to nothing).

Are you perhaps mixing information from the current, separate leak, which comments on Versus story details? (Noctis killing Stella, Ravus wanting revenge, etc)

Also, the invasion in the 2013 trailer is Altissia, though the dialogue playing over it makes it sound otherwise.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Noctis wasn't supposed to kill Luna, lol. Digic pretty much made a concept video, and for some reason Square rationalised it as some kinda premonition for Regis/Nightmare sequence for Noctis (That leads to nothing).

Are you perhaps mixing information from the current, separate leak, which comments on Versus story details? (Noctis killing Stella, Ravus wanting revenge, etc)

Also, the invasion in the 2013 trailer is Altissia, though the dialogue playing over it makes it sound otherwise.

So I realized I didn't source where I got this information from, my bad.

-The same guy that gave us the leak above proceeded to give us a second leak which was taken down by Square for whatever reason.
This is the broken link - https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/360166949

Thankfully Final Fantasy Peasant made a video on the questions before they were removed.

I recommend if anyone is interested is to watch the entire video, he quotes every single question that was asked and answered.

Go to the 17:00 minute mark to see where he explains Ravus original motivation because Noctis was suppose to kill Luna. This was clearly very early between the transition between Stella and Luna, and they may have both met the same fate from Noctis.

Also in the Omen trailer, the voice at the end is either Garland or Chaos. Cause that voice speaking to Regis is definitely not Ifrit or Ardyn. It's really weird because the Omen trailer was made for the final product but it shows story elements from early XV/ Versus XIII.

Not mixing it up as much as early XV was much more similar to what VXIII would've been.

E3 2013 trailer wasn't all just Altissia, there was a small bit of what was going to be the beginning of the game in Lucis. Regardless 99% of what was shown in that trailer did not make it into the final game.

Last edited:

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
December leaks - Cut Content

AH HA I FOUND IT.

Here are the re-posted leaks that were removed off of 4chan- http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1323493&page=1

Here are the answers said:
The game centered about death, ghosts and hallucination/dreams. Noctis killed the female protagonist before the game started but he didn't remember. Ardyn was Noctis ancestor and he was responsible of the crystals disappearing over time (the only one left was Lucis crystal). Regis died in front of Noctis because his bodyguards betrayed him. The protagonists had to leave the capital because their nation lost the war.

The game didn't focus on summons that much (they still existed) and instead there were actual gods which didn't appear physically. One of the gods was the main antagonist of the first FF game. Each nation was inspired by a different capital of the world. The empire was using ghosts as weapons. Ravus wanted to kill Noctis for having killed her sister. The game ended in another dimension which was supposed to be their version of the after-life.
The end part of the game was supposed to be bigger. I know for a fact that dark world Lestallum was finished. Old Iris was also featured in some scenes. Cindy too (and I also recall them not wanting to change the Cindy design even though it was problematic because her older design implied character development).

The game had to be released before this year ended period. It was a contract thing and that was set in stone before development with the new director started. That's why the last months of working in the game were painful (and I could not imagine how July-October were for my mates).

Sort of. Last year the game story got rewritten because fans kept asking to play as Gladiolus, Ignis and Prompto so they had to insert playable chapters for those characters into the narrative, but since we didn't have time to work on them, the decision to release them as downloads were made from the get go.

I know that there are some game levels, scenes and options that were cut because we couldn't finish them in time. I don't know if they will be released as downloads, but I hope they will.

I think the overall feeling towards how the game turned out is "we could have done more". The team literally ran out of time. There were such cool concepts and stuff that were left unfinished because we knew that they weren't going to make the release date. However, the team is pretty happy to have worked on the game and they didn't feel like they wasted their time. Now I'm sure they will continue to work on the game and improve it to match their vision.

The game IS unfinished. The game was delayed because the team felt like it would get destroyed by critics if released in the state it was in July and it was a last minute decision to delay it.

Most of the development time centered around the Lucis area. The later parts of the game were also supposed to have (smaller) areas for the characters to explore, but they weren't finished.

One of the main characters was called Ringo a lot by some people in the team. Guess who is it?

On the FF part. It kind of was mandatory to play the classic FF while working on this game, so I grew love for them. They are neat and I wish I had played some of them earlier.

Some of it, yeah I'm sure they can release it later as downloads or repurpose the assets. But I fear that some levels are not going to be released since they wouldn't fit with the rewritten story.

I have to agree that the game was too ambitious for the development time available to work on it.

I don't think that type of material gets to leak, but who knows?

don't know the whole story about Versus XIII but I heard teammates talk about some details and I also asked about some stuff, so if you want to know something maybe I can answer it.

In my opinion, the only problem with the development process is that we didn't have time and sometimes we spent development time creating stuff that wasn't part of the actual game just for promotional material. I understand that it needs to be done for the PR team, tho. Overall, I think the game turned out to be okay and I'm pretty proud to have worked on it.

I didn't get fired, my contract didn't get renewed.

I didn't solve any problem per se, but the porting to console system process got on my nerves.

They respect the game and I haven't heard anything bad about the game other than it disappointed the fans and that some of the design choices were very questionable.

At the end of the game, you say? I think it was supposed to be left open for interpretation. If I recall correctly, they weren't suppose to have any death scene or anything so I assume they are alive.

I'm at a negotiation process right now again with a former employer.

What Izunia? If you mean the Izunia from a thousand years ago, that is Noctis' ancestor.

No but we used material (assets, concept arts, etc) to work on the game.

Sorry for answering late dudes, the thread is moving fast.

As I said, the focus of most of the development time ended up being the Lucis area so the later parts of the game had a lot of cut content that wasn't ready. However, as far as I know, the fact that the empire is completely in chaos once you get to it never changed.

They are about the party members and they introduce new mechanics built around them. But work on them barely started before I left.

In regards to the Solheim region, we never worked on it. It wasn't cut, so I guess it didn't fit the story the game was trying to tell.

Talking about the Leviathan level, I remember the level design being a bit different last year and it had to be sort of redesigned because it didn't run well and the engine was having problems.

I'm probably wrong about this since I'm not that familiar to plot terms and stuff from the 13 universe but I think more than one crystal existed in the game and that each crystal had a family which acted as bodyguards. Noctis was part of the Lucis family and the heroine was part of the other family. And the game had a lot to do with death so Noctis was continously using the weapons of dead family members.

When I was told that a certain level (snowy area with Shiva statue) was going to get deleted anyway after working on it for weeks nonstop and then having to work on a bootleg version for that level.

The team had to keep a lot of things from the past projects because the former director shared details about them. I assume Ravus was one of those things that had to be kept because details about him were previously announced.

However, I have to say that the story had to be partly rewritten last year (after the movie had entered full production) so that's why that character might have inconsistencies between the game and film.

I don't know about that but I would buy the game now and then buy the download content instead of waiting.

I heard that the team had to change and delete certain scenes about her because they portrayed her in a way that would have been criticized nowadays. And like what happened with everything else, it seems like her role in the story wasn't able to get fixed before release.

Good thing you ask that because I remember stories about the people in charge of the team wanting to change the designs of the main protagonists and a bunch of contractual problems surfacing or something like that. To sum up: the decision to have the characters designed this way was made a long time ago and they had to use those designs for a large part of the game.

Actually, some members expected harshed results because there wasn't enough confidence that his vision for the game was shared by everyone. As far as I know, the game is succeeding expectations.

There were references to the heroine having been abused by other characters, some scenes would have featured Luna crying because of her health and there were also mentions of her goal in life being meeting the male protagonist's expectations/objectives, which the team considered that were going to be problematic since the game had been carrying a bad reputation because of the way they portrayed female characters.

The game centered about death, ghosts and hallucination/dreams. Noctis killed the female protagonist before the game started but he didn't remember. Ardyn was Noctis ancestor and he was responsible of the crystals disappearing over time (the only one left was Lucis crystal). Regis died in front of Noctis because his bodyguards betrayed him. The protagonists had to leave the capital because their nation lost the war.

The game didn't focus on summons that much (they still existed) and instead there were actual gods which didn't appear physically. One of the gods was the main antagonist of the first FF game. Each nation was inspired by a different capital of the world. The empire was using ghosts as weapons. Ravus wanted to kill Noctis for having killed her sister. The game ended in another dimension which was supposed to be their version of the after-life.

It's hard to remember every detail.

As far as I know, the next game from the team is not planned to use this engine.

\Yeah, that part of the game remained over time.

I liked him and he's an excellent professional. He gets job done at very difficult circustamnces. The engine didn't adapt well to consoles and had limitations. I'm proud to have worked on the game but I think the company should have given it more development time. I don't know about FF16. There were a lot of designs and concepts scrapped, some of them by Ferrari, yeah.

There wasn't any character model for that outfit so I don't know.

There was concepts for a city that looked like old London with british bridges and architecture, I don't know about the rest.

The artwork used for the Gralea capital in the game was taken straight out of the Versus project, so I guess it remained the same. The throne room however was different and the Emperor sat there waiting for

The end part of the game was supposed to be bigger. I know for a fact that dark world Lestallum was finished. Old Iris was also featured in some scenes. Cindy too (and I also recall them not wanting to change the Cindy design even though it was problematic because her older design implied character development).

There was supposed to be a small dungeon in Tenebrae which also got cut. If I recall correctly, the invasion didn't begin until the protagonists entered the city.

I haven't heard anything about the former director, but the project needed to change directors because the company needed a mainline game to be shipped in 2016 which appealed to mainstream trends and they trusted Tabata to do it.

If you mean why is that chapter inspired by survival horror elements, the team thought it was going to be a good change of pace that would build momentum. Seems like the level failed to deliver and annoyed players, which I understand.

I don't know, the only DLC episodes planned when I left were playable levels for the three friends.

I don't know, but it will happen. Give it a year or two?

The game has had barely 3 years of actual development time.

As far as I know, the game started as one single game, then the story got expanded more and the former director wanted to divide it into parts, but then it was condensed again as one single game by the new team.

I don't think any of my mates read the original script. If you mean the 2015 script for FF15, then yeah, most of us know what changed in the story and world design.

That stuff was cut but they will have to rewrite and re voice those scenes since I assume they are not entirely compatible narrative wise with what the final game showed.

I think one of the concepts behind the multiplayer was a scoring system based on exploring dungeons or killing enemies with multiple people.

Well, the first stop after Altissia had an (smaller) open world area and you could drive the car alone.
There was a level leading up to when you encounter the Shiva statue.
The dark world section of the game featured more enviroments, you encountered each party member in different locations and you could explore part of Lestallum.
The final boss (which was another Ardyn form) got cut early this year.
The Tenebrae invasion happened after the protagonist entered the city and you got to explore a very small section of the city and Luna's chamber.
Scenes that featured Luna got cut because they were considered to be problematic.
Cor got written out of the last half of the story since it made no sense for him to show up (he was Noctis companion during the small open area after Altissia).

I don't know about this Versus XV thing but I highly doubt it's true. The only games being developed around FF15 are for mobile last time I heard, so it might be one of them, but like I said, I highly doubt it.

I don't think they will make the world of ruin levels that were unfinished explorable unless there is more story dlc planned. I doubt they will release the Luna scenes since the response would not be good, but the deleted scenes about the empire might get released.

Like I said, Luna was featured in more scenes but they got cut. The original Leviathan fight combined interiors and exteriors and many enemies on screen, Luna also appeared.
Like I said earlier, the final form for Ardyn was cut early this year. I haven't heard anything from the strategy guide but it might not have updated information about the story.

Guys, I got to go! I spent some minutes trying to answer to all of you, I might come back at a later time. I hope you had a great time with the game and those who didn't like it at least understand that people tried their best for year to deliver a good product.

Until next time!

Last edited:

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Stella being dead sounds fishy especially when its said to some degree that she would've opposed you throughout the game.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
This video is pretty dubious. The guy has an incorrect interpretation here and has edited his quote to reflect it.

First, left me say my point still stands: The leak from 6 months ago (Featured in the OP) was from a different "leaker" than the one that appeared this month, the one we are currently discussing. I remember them all as they happened. Here are our current "leaker's" (OfLucii's) threads: 1, 2 and a fairly recent one- 3

The mentions of Noctis killing Ravus' sister are in regards to a question about Versus XIII (Nomura's XV), and do not relate to Tabata's XV. Luna is a different character to Stella, and you can not try to piece their stories together as some kind of transition- they are incompatible. I think that should also be applied to Ravus- or perhaps most of the characters. It's hard to say. As the video says, there seem to have been elements carried over simply because the development team's hands were tied by what was already shown.

In the Omen trailer, I find it a bit unlikely that Digic would be very inconsistent with the mythos of the game. Considering Regis is speaking with the Crystal and the voice filter on the other end, it is simply Bahamut. He resides there waiting for when Noctis shall come and stand as King.

As for the E3 2013 scene, do you perhaps mean
LYaqPpc.jpg
(Beginning at the time-stamped link here. It's 1:36, or so in case of failure)
I know it seems odd from dialogue dubbed over, but considering the architecture, paintings of boats and sentient water smashing up the place, it seems clear to me that this is Altissa. It even transitions to the Leviathan fight.

I find all the "leaks" rather fascinating but I do feel compelled to set the record straight where I can. In the end I personally would've preferred Square just let Nomura work, but we're far beyond that now. The game already changed in major ways by 2014. Unless we knew every single tiny detail of how development progressed, I don't think it's possible to piece together this madness into a clear and linear fashion.
I hope I didn't come across as abrasive or rude in any way. I also apologise for any messiness.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
@Ryuman- Final Fantasy Peasant is actually one of the bigger FF only youtubers around. Besides the point, he is talking about the leak I posted above and just explaining it.

-Ok so it was Stella then. Although seeing the Omen trailer does make you wonder. Also regarding Bahmunt and the King, if it is Bahmunt then the dialogue between the two just seems odd and out of place. This can be me just completely missing the point of their conversation.

-In the E3 2013 trailer there is small section near the end that Noctis and crew are in Lucis at the citadel. It has nothing to do with the voice over or anything, and it's rather brief.

-Absolutely agree with you here, Nomura should've kept his XV and finished all 3 parts. I feel it would'be been a vast improvement from what the actual final product was. Not to say Tabata was put in a bad situation, and the person responsible for whoever put the choke on him and Nomura really needs to be fired.
_________

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
@Ryuman- Final Fantasy Peasant is actually one of the bigger FF only youtubers around. Besides the point, he is talking about the leak I posted above and just explaining it.
Yes, I've seen it a lot since the launch of XV. Can't say it's for me, unfortunately.

-In the E3 2013 trailer there is small section near the end that Noctis and crew are in Lucis at the citadel. It has nothing to do with the voice over or anything, and it's rather brief.
Ahhhh, gosh dangit. I knew there was something I forgot to write in that post! Yes. That is of course Insomnia. I can't really say they used it for anything. This is just my tinfoil hat theory, but I doubt this area ever served much purpose. It was put together by Tabata's Type-0 team and was featured in a separate gameplay trailer at E3 2013. They've used that specific area so much in promotional material post-Tabata that I'm convinced that it was a bit of smoke and mirrors to say "Don't worry, the invasion's still here!!;)"
Of course, there's little sensible reason to agree with me.
-Absolutely agree with you here, Nomura should've kept his XV and finished all 3 parts. I feel it would'be been a vast improvement from what the actual final product was. Not to say Tabata was put in a bad situation, and the person responsible for whoever put the choke on him and Nomura really needs to be fired.
Would've so been down for a multi-release. No one was in a good position when being handed this nightmare. Sadly, I think this project was properly doomed ever since they made it main-line.

Random Nobody

local roach
I know nothing about any leaks or their veracity, but if even half of those proposed plot beats from what was Versus are true, then all the visible seams in FFXV make sense. Gentiana as the oracle/woman in the logo, Prompto's betrayal, Versatile Verstael actually being in the game, Ravus being relevant (though I find the "killing Stella" a little dubious). Gladiator being a near constant dickhead. Cor actually sticking around instead of expressing remorse over failing to protect the king, then immediately fucking off to do nothing and leave the new king to fend for himself.

The juxtaposition of light and darkness is definitely there. And the outline is at least as Shakespearean as the old trailers implied it would be (whether it would have been executed poorly or well is something we will never see). That supposed narrative and lore are both a lot more coherent than what we actually got (and was probably doomed from the start since XV is no longer in the FNC), but even if it is true, at this point it's nothing more than elaborate fanfiction.

eta:

there were also mentions of her goal in life being meeting the male protagonist's expectations/objectives, which the team considered that were going to be problematic since the game had been carrying a bad reputation because of the way they portrayed female characters.
.................................please. But that's still what happened in anyway, so.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
That supposed narrative and lore are both a lot more coherent than what we actually got (and was probably doomed from the start since XV is no longer in the FNC), but even if it is true, at this point it's nothing more than elaborate fanfiction.

Couldn't say it better.
Looking at Cut Content is great because it at least allows us to see what could've happened. It's like this doubled edged sword really, on one end there isn't a mystery of what could've been, but on the other it makes you wish that the content got into the game.

Especially with FFXV.

Like just to name a few that were removed according to that leak.
-Idelos's true boss fight
-Tenebrae's dungeon, and Luna's Room
-The whole Insomina being the introduction of the game.
-99% Of the WOR, and Lestallum/Older Iris/Mission to find Gladio, Prompto, and Ignis.
-The area with Shiva's statue was completely explorable, and 100% finished.

Insomina was the only thing explained as it was shifted to Kingsglavie. But to beg the question of why these things were removed in a finished state.

-Hell even with the versus XIII aspects like Chaos, the multiple crystals, and Garland from FF1.
-Noctis dreaming, hallucinations, and the Bloodmoon. Which were aspects seen in early Tabata's XV aswell.

Final Fantasy XV is a great game, but when I find that all of this content and much more was shafted from the game for what seems to be no reason, it makes me feel a bit ripped off.

The final product of this game is a perfect example of wasted potential. And to be clear, it's not Tabata's fault, and definitely not Nomura's fault. Who ever at Square put them in a choke to rush the game like this is to blame.

Last edited:

Superespresso

The big lad
That supposed narrative and lore are both a lot more coherent than what we actually got (and was probably doomed from the start since XV is no longer in the FNC), but even if it is true, at this point it's nothing more than elaborate fanfiction.

Couldn't say it better.
Looking at Cut Content is great because it at least allows us to see what could've happened. It's like this doubled edged sword really, on one end there isn't a mystery of what could've been, but on the other it makes you wish that the content got into the game.

Especially with FFXV.

Like just to name a few that were removed according to that leak.
-Idelos's true boss fight
-Tenebrae's dungeon, and Luna's Room
-The whole Insomina being the introduction of the game.
-99% Of the WOR, and Lestallum/Older Iris/Mission to find Gladio, Prompto, and Ignis.
-The area with Shiva's statue was completely explorable, and 100% finished.

Insomina was the only thing explained as it was shifted to Kingsglavie. But to beg the question of why these things were removed in a finished state.

-Hell even with the versus XII aspects like Chaos, the multiple crystals, and Garland from FF1.
-Noctis dreaming, hallucinations, and the Bloodmoon. Which were aspects seen in early Tabata's XV aswell.

Final Fantasy XV is a great game, but when I find that all of this content and much more was shafted from the game for what seems to be no reason, it makes me feel a bit ripped off.

The final product of this game is a perfect example of wasted potential. And to be clear, it's not Tabata's fault, and definitely not Nomura's fault. Who ever at Square put them in a choke to rush the game like this is to blame.

I have to agree that the rush was the problem. We all know Tabata can write a game. We all know Nomura is all over the place but has enough coherent ability to form a very, very involved plot. I think that we're seeing the game suffer in its current state because of DLC plans.

If you think about it, every game that is FF related that didn't have story DLC never really suffered from this same kind of wasted potential. Now you have DLC story expositions where they're adding in major information. It's a mess from start to finish, because they even avoid talking about some of the most important lore in the Ultimania to avoid spoiling what the plans for DLC are.

I really miss how XIII-2 attacked DLC, namely the little story bits they had were all optional, and didn't detract from the game. The Ultimania also had all of this involved. We all know Square isn't doing well financially though, and I believe a lot of the cutting-room-floor effect is about them trying to get their money out of this game.

That being said, I love the game. I love it unconditionally and unfortunately it means that I have a pair of rose-tinted glasses about what the game is missing. I just hope that even though I have to pay more and more for it-- they return to writing it properly at some point.

Top Bottom