• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Nero's materia?

ClubShrimp

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I can't find any discussions about the small purple materia that falls into the pure mako after Weiss and Nero dissipate. Does anyone know what that's supposed to be? Also, does anyone have any idea who Weiss is referring to when he says "Let us go join him"?

That's the Protomateria. It's an easily forgotten detail, but Rosso grabbed the Protomateria from Vincent's chest so that Weiss could use it to control Omega. When Weiss-Nero dissipates inside Mako Reactor 0, the Protomateria drops into the lifestream. Shelke later retrieves the materia from the lifestream with Lucrecia's help.

As for "let us go join him", I am honestly not sure. Nero could be referring to Omega since that's the entity they end up joining, but I've often wondered if he is in fact referring to Genesis. I can't explain how Genesis would make sense as the reference though, but that's where my mind usually wanders during the scene.

ClubShrimp

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Ah, I was thinking it might be the Protomateria because of how Shelke retrieves it, but I decided it wasn't because I'd somehow completely forgotten that Rosso took it from Vincent earlier on. Thanks for reminding me.

As for the "him" line, I kind of feel Weiss is referring to Genesis too, because it seems weird to call Omega a "him", but of course it doesn't really make much sense if he's referring to Genesis. Having said that though, the secret ending in DoC makes me think the creators hadn't hashed out Genesis' story fully when the game was released. It is impossible to see the secret ending as anything but ominous, and yet Genesis is supposed to be a good guy at that point according to CC, which came out later. I wonder if the "him" line is a reference to an earlier version of the Genesis story? Genesis takes Weiss with him in the secret ending too, which could be related in some way to Weiss and Nero's desire to "join" with Genesis. All poor speculation though.

For anyone wishing to research the Japanese variation of the "Let us go join him" line, here it is on YouTube.

U91E7uf.png

vyFjpf3.png

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I always assumed they were referring to Genesis here. It seems a little odd to refer to Omega or any of the other Weapons with genders, but oh well. I guess I've learned something new. :)

Top Bottom