The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Final Fantasy VII Remake

Final Fantasy VII Remake The remake of FFVII announced at E3 on June 15th, 2015 -- OUR WHOLE LIVES HAVE BEEN LEADING UP TO THIS MOMENT!!

Old 02/21/2017   #256
X-SOLDIER

Tashasaurous wrote: Um, don't think it's a little bit silly to argue about the connection with Mobius and FFVII Remake when the latter is just a mobile spin-off game? Plus, Cloud has made several appearences outside Final Fantasy VII for years, starting with the first Kingdom Hearts game, and even there the Buster Sword made it's appearence even though it was all bandaged up for some reason.

X-SOLDIER wrote: In the video that IGN just put out with the collection of all the CG cutscenes in part 1 of the Final Fantasy 7 event in Mobius, & it states that, "ALL OF THE ASSETS USED FOR THE EVENT ARE RIPPED FROM THE FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE CURRENTLY IN DEVELOPMENT." But as we saw in the initial trailers, this Cloud is using the Compilation Buster Sword, and not the one we've currently seen in other Remake gameplay.
The Twilight Mexican wrote: ...in the interview from that link you posted, Kitase even says "I am extremely happy to be able to show one aspect of the game in this fashion before the main game arrives. This was made possible because the specifications of MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY allow us to utilize the data from FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE as is."

No. It's not silly to argue that there's a connection when Mobius is LITERALLY USING THE DATA FROM THE FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE. It's not a thematic connection, or even just borrowing the character. The FFVII event things are LITERALLY ASSETS FROM THE FFVII REMAKE IN DEVELOPMENT BEING USED IN ANOTHER GAME.

To reiterate: The people working on Mobius didn't just design their game's version of Cloud & the other FFVII stuff, they LITERALLY TOOK ALL OF THE FFVII DATA DIRECTLY FROM THE REMAKE.

I LITERALLY cannot be any more clear about this.

X
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Claymore (02/22/2017), Mr. Ite (02/22/2017), Theozilla (02/22/2017)
Old 02/22/2017   #257
Channy

I love how calm X has been through the last 2 pages in spite of all the doubt.

....May I come in?

Channy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Dark and Divine (02/22/2017), Flare (02/22/2017), Minato (02/22/2017), Mr. Ite (02/22/2017), X-SOLDIER (02/22/2017)