Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Closing sequence of 13-1? Okay.

Fang can become Ragnarok, so Orphan tries to drive her into the transformation with physical and emotional pain. The rest of the gang appear to have become Cieth, but this is actually a trick, more Fal'Cie 'smoke and mirrors.'

Orphan patiently sits through speeches about how humans can achieve the impossible as though he doesn't know, even though that was the entire point of his plan in the first place, and he's just said exactly that, but apparently lightning wasn't actually listening at the time.

Fang as Ragnarok cheats her focus by both destroying Cocoon and saving it at once through turning it to crystal. As their focus is achieved, the rest of the team turns to crystal as well.

How they turn back is not explained, although it is implied to be because of Fang/Vanille intervention, but that's the only thing that isn't properly drawn.

As a bonus and changing a few details, this is also the ending of Lightning returns, except less well thought out and missing its nuance next time.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Closing sequence of 13-1? Okay.

Fang can become Ragnarok, so Orphan tries to drive her into the transformation with physical and emotional pain. The rest of the gang appear to have become Cieth, but this is actually a trick, more Fal'Cie 'smoke and mirrors.'

Orphan patiently sits through speeches about how humans can achieve the impossible as though he doesn't know, even though that was the entire point of his plan in the first place, and he's just said exactly that, but apparently lightning wasn't actually listening at the time.

Fang as Ragnarok cheats her focus by both destroying Cocoon and saving it at once through turning it to crystal. As their focus is achieved, the rest of the team turns to crystal as well.

How they turn back is not explained, although it is implied to be because of Fang/Vanille intervention, but that's the only thing that isn't properly drawn.

As a bonus and changing a few details, this is also the ending of Lightning returns, except less well thought out and missing its nuance next time.

The reason how Lightning and the others returned to human form is revealed in 13-2, because of Etro which unfortunately also unleashed parts of Chaos and distrupted the Time-Line. Caius Ballad used this to his advantage to lure Noel and Serah into doing exactly what he wanted while making them both think they were saving the world and saving Lightning, but in the end kills Serah, Lightning goes into crystal form as self-punishment while the world and the Unseen Realm merge, destroying Time, which leads to Lightning Returns-13-3 500 years later.

Then again, the 13 trilogy was crappy to me. The Compilation will still remain best, because three of the titles have happy endings or relieved good endings and while I like Crisis Core, it was emotional but expected, leading into FFVII itself.

Bump

I was thinking that what I'd like to see as the party wanders through the open world is a world that actually has more than, like, six inhabited towns, and has things like villages and farms and roads and railways and goddamn electricity pylons, for god's sake - all the infrastructure of the developed world it's supposed to be. I haven't seen anything of FFXV so maybe it's like that. Isn't it supposed to be a "modern" society as well? Also I hope they don't update the technology of their world but leave it in 1997.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
VII's world has a strange chronology. We don't really know what the world of VII was like prior to the discovery of Mako, but that it clearly pushed a limited part of the world ahead almost a century in the span of a few short decades. The most stark comparison is Wutai, the only moderately populated area that is landlocked away from any mako, and their culture looks like it belongs to Meiji Era Japan. Meanwhile places like Midgar and Junon feel like they're somewhere between 1980 and 1990.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I would really love them to keep the 90s tech aesthetic. Box monitors! Seeing what they did with the Comp though, the prequels having tech far beyond the OG, I think we can expect a similar tech feeling to that.

VII's world has a strange chronology. We don't really know what the world of VII was like prior to the discovery of Mako, but that it clearly pushed a limited part of the world ahead almost a century in the span of a few short decades. The most stark comparison is Wutai, the only moderately populated area that is landlocked away from any mako, and their culture looks like it belongs to Meiji Era Japan. Meanwhile places like Midgar and Junon feel like they're somewhere between 1980 and 1990.

True, but then again Wutai is a tourist town. You would expect it to look like a Traditional Tourist Village™. In fact, it's the ONLY town in the whole of Wutai. It's like London being the only town in England, which anyway isn't called England, it's called London. In fact when you think about it, quite a large percentage of the towns the party visits in the course of the game are tourist resorts of one kind or another: Wutai, Costa del Col, Gold Saucer, Icicle Inn. Cosmo Canyon is a sort of semi-tourist area. Mideel seems to be some kind of spa or sanatorium town.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I would really love them to keep the 90s tech aesthetic. Box monitors! Seeing what they did with the Comp though, the prequels having tech far beyond the OG, I think we can expect a similar tech feeling to that.

Yeah that was a bit of a weird retcon, but it's also sort of moving with the times of creation.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer

Yeah that was a bit of a weird retcon, but it's also sort of moving with the times of creation.

To be fair though, it's almost all exclusively in ShinRa HQ. So the public at large may be purposly stunted so ShinRa can maintain control. In Crisis Core, all the stuff that Hollanger was using looked pretty 90s' lo-fi.

But economies can't work that way. North Korea only works because China props it up and because of their black economy. Also, the more high-tech the stuff you have the easier it is to hack. It's a lot harder to spy on what everyone is doing if they're all using snail mail.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Bump

I was thinking that what I'd like to see as the party wanders through the open world is a world that actually has more than, like, six inhabited towns, and has things like villages and farms and roads and railways and goddamn electricity pylons, for god's sake - all the infrastructure of the developed world it's supposed to be. I haven't seen anything of FFXV so maybe it's like that. Isn't it supposed to be a "modern" society as well? Also I hope they don't update the technology of their world but leave it in 1997.

Most times I've seen games try that, it just makes the gameworld big and boring.

MoonSkull

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I wonder if there will be Cait Sith? it's the only character I never really liked in the game and in a realistic setting will seem really weird/strange. I imagine it will be likened to Jar Jar Binks in the Prequel movies.

I mean, it's just kind of a silly character. It's this big fat moogle with an obnoxious goofy cat thing, and even though the moogle is real who knows about the cat? I think it's hinted that Reeves controls the cat through his crown, and someone it helps him transmit his consciousness to the robot cat thing but yeah...

I guess I can still see it being a character, but also have maybe new characters because it might add to the story more? actually out of all of the FF games, it seemed to have the least human characters, and just smallest party.
(well, just two animals, a bunch of young women and then three disgruntled old men to go along with Cloud who is also kind of a disgruntled but young man. I think the creators described Vincent as being like Cloud but on another occasion described Cid as well being like an older version of Cloud. Also, Barret is kind of not that different, he's a lot like Cid actually too. THE female characters are fine but it's like, oh strapping young male lead character, and then a bunch of perky nubile young women who all adore you kind of thing....)
images

MoonSkull

Lv. 25 Adventurer

I think the feeling though was from the time period it was released from and the ways things were back then...

I don't know if it actually exists in an era that is similar to that time period, or simply it was just the culture and how things were looked at back then. Technologically, though, They had computers and robots and every hing so even by todays standards it's not too different from our own. Plus, even Cloud has a cell phone in Advent children, (which they make a big deal of to hopefully sell merchandise)
But if you compare how Shinra and Midgar were presented in comparison to today's world, the problems that existed, it's really not all that far removed or different...

Like gentrification, inequality, poverty...? (obviously a main focus of Shinra/Midgar)that has never really gone away or stopped existing. That's the thing, you even look at the things from the 80s and now and things have not really changed all that much, for better or worse. I think if anything, the way we look at things have though. The internet and wireless communication is the only drastic or major thing I can think of really.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I wonder if there will be Cait Sith? it's the only character I never really liked in the game and in a realistic setting will seem really weird/strange. I imagine it will be likened to Jar Jar Binks in the Prequel movies.

I mean, it's just kind of a silly character. It's this big fat moogle with an obnoxious goofy cat thing, and even though the moogle is real who knows about the cat? I think it's hinted that Reeves controls the cat through his crown, and someone it helps him transmit his consciousness to the robot cat thing but yeah...

I guess I can still see it being a character, but also have maybe new characters because it might add to the story more? actually out of all of the FF games, it seemed to have the least human characters, and just smallest party.
(well, just two animals, a bunch of young women and then three disgruntled old men to go along with Cloud who is also kind of a disgruntled but young man. I think the creators described Vincent as being like Cloud but on another occasion described Cid as well being like an older version of Cloud. Also, Barret is kind of not that different, he's a lot like Cid actually too. THE female characters are fine but it's like, oh strapping young male lead character, and then a bunch of perky nubile young women who all adore you kind of thing....)
images

Vincent outwardly looks like a handsome young man. Zidane had nothing but girls, Steiner and nonhumans.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Generally there are ALWAYS three females in each cast, and each subscribe to a certain archetype.
The Child(Palom, krille, Relm, Yuffie, Selphie, Eiko, Rikku, Panello, Vanille ) Usually perky, comic relief, and never really a serious love interest, or even of age to be. Either estranged from their parents, or orphaned.
The Maiden (Rosa, Lenna, Celes, Tifa, Rinoa, Garnet, Yuna, Ashe, Lightning) Usually the love interest of the male protagonist, and the secondary lead. In most cases, associated with white magic in some form, or magic in general.
The Mother: (Rydia, Farris, Terra, Aerith, Quistis, Freya, Lulu, Fran, Fang) The oldest (Rydia's a sticky point, because of story reasons) But usually are of strange parentage, isolated by that parentage, and have either lost their families and/or a lover that strongly influences their motivations in the plot. At the very least, they also tend to be the most mature female characters..

Oddly enough, an argument can be made that FFXIII gender flipped these roles. Hope is the youngest character in XIII and half orphaned, Snow is the only character of the party with a living love interest that is confirmed, and Sahz is the oldest, and has lost both wife and son before the game begins pretty much.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
ChipNoir: I strongly agree with your characterization assessment, only personally I would flip Tifa and Aeris exactly. Not only is Aeris in title "The Maiden", but she is much more bubbly, silly, almost child-like (not to mention the white-magic bit) while Tifa, from the moment she finds Cloud at the station, functions like a kind of worried Mother to him, is strongly driven by the loss of her father and hometown, and is easily the most mature female in the game.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Nah. The thing that cements Aerith as the Mother is that she didn't just lose her mother, but her entire race. While Tifa is driven by the loss of her father, she has other motivations based on her love for Cloud. Aerith is completely driven by the similarities to Zack, even if she later learns love. But the fact is she's still the older character, the more tragic one, and ultimately sidelined. Even if not by death, I think Cloud still would have gravitated to Tifa for the stronger connection of their past.

Aerith might be bubbly, she's also more assertive and wiser and knowledgable. Tifa, for all that she tries to be everyone's emotional core, is a highly insecure character who makes some very bad mistakes.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
So with the FFXV Episode Prompto having come out, it's making wonder if how the Northern Contentent will be portrayed in the Remake. And Prompto and Aranea's outfits in the Episode is making me hope more than ever that the entire party will get alternate winter gear outfits for it. Is there anything in particular people are hoping to added to the Northern continent since it's the barest of the three continents and has the most potential to be added to?

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
So with the FFXV Episode Prompto having come out, it's making wonder if how the Northern Contentent will be portrayed in the Remake. And Prompto and Aranea's outfits in the Episode is making me hope more than ever that the entire party will get alternate winter gear outfits for it. Is there anything in particular people are hoping to added to the Northern continent since it's the barest of the three continents and has the most potential to be added to?

Ehr, *counts*

Northern Continent
Bone village
Sleeping Forest
Coral Pathways
Ancient Capital
Icicle In
Snowlands
Gaia Cliffs
Northern Crater (Which is at least a dozen screens)

I mean, what are you defining as bare here?

Theozilla

Kaiju Member

Ehr, *counts*

Northern Continent
Bone village
Sleeping Forest
Coral Pathways
Ancient Capital
Icicle In
Snowlands
Gaia Cliffs
Northern Crater (Which is at least a dozen screens)

I mean, what are you defining as bare here?

I meant in terms of human populated areas/towns. Not total visitable locations/screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom