FFIX Sound Effects?

Sonho

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Heya!
Im looking for the FFIX sound effects (mainly the menu/cursor sounds). Im going to use them in a little project im doing and after a couple of hours to find them without any result i though i would ask here since i saw a couple of posts of the FFVII SFX files!

So... Anyone knows where i can get them? i have no idea how to extract them myself o_o

I don't know any place that has the FFIX sound effects, but I'm fairly confident there should be tools out there to extract them.

This Qhimm thread links to an img extractor (see the very bottom of the page). If you have an FFIX disc, put it into your computer and extract the disc into an img file using the extractor. That should be your first step.

Afterwards you unpack the img file and see if you can find where the sound files are. After that, look for the proper tool to convert the sound files into an audible format.

I can't guarantee your success and I don't have a copy of FFIX so I can't try this out myself. Good luck.

Sonho

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Cheers for trying to help me out!
Sadly the program seems to keep crashing for me before it even starts.. so i cant really use it =(

Not that I'm qualified to help, but in what way is the extractor crashing? Sometimes when programs don't start (at all) for me I have to right-click and choose "Run as administrator", which usually works.

In case you ever manage to make an img extract and unpack that file... A common format for PS1 sounds and music is XA. I downloaded a XA to WAV converter from Xentax for you.

- XA to WAV and WAV to XA

(Giving you my own download link because Xentax requires you to pay a donation before using their download links)

Lex

Administrator
I quite fancy the sound effects for FFIX aswell (for text tones obviously) since they're harder to obtain than VII's or VIII's due to non-PC. If I have time later/tomorrow I might have a bash at this.

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
Noesis is better for extracting data from FFIX because it adds file extensions, and things can be read directly from Noesis.

I have had some experience with IX sound effects myself, where I replaced one sound file for another (of an identical size) in the disc image. I believe they were AKAO files, so I presume identical to VII's sound. This might be relevant. But I assume there's no converter/direct player for it.

Vivi_Carol

Pro Adventurer
Hi, Sonho! Not sure if you're still looking for those FF9 SFX, but, if you are, you're in luck. I have most of all the ff9 sound effects, (still working on the rest) In clear high quality, no bgm behind it. What I have know is all character's abilities sound effects, all the menu sounds. Moogle sfx, and a view others, about two or three enemy sfx, (the Mistodon, hecteyes, Griffin) and their sfx. Any others from the game I'm still working on, but I got the majority of the sfx done.

I'm gonna upload them to youtube, but I also can send you a zip file, if that works best for you.

If you're still looking, always reply to this thread!

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I have VII's sound effects somewhere on one of my PCs.

I'd like that zip file as well.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I found the FFVII sounds on my PC. I'll have them in a zip file soon. There's over 300 sounds and 99% of theme aren't named.

paronomasiac

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I have been looking for the FFIX "Kweh" sound effect for hours. After some serious Google-fu, I finally managed to come across this forum thread. Imagine my elation to learn that someone was extracting sound effects and collecting them! Imagine my disappointment to learn that the most recent post was six months ago.

Is my quest ended without satisfaction?

nonsense

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Okay, I've uploaded part 1 of ff9 sfx. Part 2 is still being worked on. Apparently, there are a lot more sfx in other discs than just disc 4 :sigh:

Lotta work for little Vivi!

Here it is! But there's more to come...

Similar to the guy above me, I too came across this thread from Google and registered just to thank you for this. I was specifically looking for the "item pick up" sound effect but you did a great job organizing what you've collected so far. Might I ask what utilities you used?

paronomasiac

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Now that FFIX has been released for Steam, I would assume that it's much easier to find and collate all of the sound files. Has anyone done this yet?

inst007m

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Vivi_Carol Could you reupload the SFX? The links are broken. Please, upload them when you can! Thank you!

Top Bottom