Pokémon Go!

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Went driving around with my friends last night before/after dinner.. lit some lures and posted on a local fb group which drew some other people out. They're not as knowledgeable come latter gens so when a shadow came up kept asking what it was.. came to a point where one said "We were thinking of bringing a pokedex guide but then thought, why bother when we have Bulbapedia in the car." :awesome:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Just shout, "WHO'S THAT POKÉMON?!" as you approach it, and the first person to get close enough, catch it, and reply, "IT'S ________!!" and tap the Pokémon on screen to make it do its little roar wins a point. :P

X :neo:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
A saw a very familiar shadow in the nearby park ... caught both Totodile and Chikorita. Very happy right now, lol.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Just shout, "WHO'S THAT POKÉMON?!" as you approach it, and the first person to get close enough, catch it, and reply, "IT'S ________!!" and tap the Pokémon on screen to make it do its little roar wins a point. :P

Oh my gaaaawwwwdddd I wish we'd done that xD

Yeah caught Chikorita as well. Saw a shadow from work the first day and I perceived to be Furret but must have been Quilava because I saw Furret later today and it was different. Damn it :closedmonster:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Chancey / Blissey is just ridiculously God tier. >__<

Timed out against them far too many times. Finally managed to power up my Machamp and was able to win most battles with 5 seconds on the timer left, lol.

Though reddit is now saying that they have rebalanced some moves yet again. Fighting pokemon have been buffed and the quick moves have been altered again. Though weaker, they are faster again and charge moves are more powerful.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
John Hanke (CEO of Niantic) has stated in a recent conference that:

“And finally with Pokemon GO, we’re only getting started with the game. We just launched our first major update of 2017; we introduced 80 new Pokemon into the game and we have three major new releases for Pokemon GO mapped out for this year,” Hanke announced.

3 new major releases planned for this year! Let the speculation begin!

Lots of ideas going round at the moment, some are saying PVP/PVE, Gen 3, and Trading. However, they recently mentioned in a Polygon interview with the senior product developer that:

“[Trading] won’t be through the internet,” he said of the mechanic, which remains in development and heavily under wraps. “You shouldn’t be able to exchange your Pokémon with someone who is 100 miles away from you. ... The person needs to be in your proximity.”
“We don’t want to just have that be an online game that you can just exchange virtually.”

and

“We’re still trying to come up with an answer [to trading] that makes sense so it doesn’t kill the game,” he said. “If we fail this, we can easily kill the game.”

It's difficult to say, but we could assume that trading isn't on the map for this year until it is fully worked out, so that leaves a spot open in exactly what could be coming.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
The nearby trading thing I don't get. I mean, how else are we going to get those regionals? (she says, having given Pixel her account info for him to get her a Mr Mime)... I get the premise of it, trying to dissuade making it unfair or people harvesting certain pokemons for selling accounts or whatever but like.. yeah, how else? Maybe you live in a rural town significantly lacking in electric Pokemon or you're level 34 and still never got that Snorlax. Like, stuff happens. Should be a bit more open to it.

Last edited:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I completely agree with you, Channy. There needs to be a decent way to get regionals or extremely hard to get Pokemon. I can't see them getting any positive feedback from restricting trading to just those in your immediate vicinity.

Trading is a long way off though, so hopefully they will come up with something good.

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Yeah, no. I'm fully supportive that trading HAS to be restricted to proximity in some fashion. Not only would making it non-proximity-based defeat the whole purpose of Pokémon GO (essentially giving you a way of playing it without actually ever moving), but trading mechanics regardless of distance are just plain problematic. While it does make regional and other Pokémon much more difficult to get, it prevents the game from becoming insanely broken.

Hardcore players of these sorts of games find ways to farm high level Pokémon, and if trading doesn't have any real-world restrictions, it's much easier to do things like get subsets of players who can stack gyms or otherwise obtain incredibly unbalanced teams. Plus, if anyone managed to hack Pokémon or something, they could be distributed almost instantly, rather than having a natural system in place that restricts how quickly cheating like that could spread.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
It's a step in the right direction, that's for sure. Maybe it'll pan out okay and won't be an issue. I already promised one of my friends one of my Gyrados's after he bought us dessert. :monster:

Also, hit lv 35 today :joy:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I'm halfway to level 30, and my local park has been spawning a consistent amount of Dratinis lately. I finally have enough to evolve a Dragonite!

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I caught so many Magikarps, not that I need em xD but looking for that one golden one because...

SHINY POKEMON (not mine but confirmed)

17457942_1010590935709420_6741540725150396443_n.jpg

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Really loving this since I live in the middle of the goddamn desert, and I ADORE water Pokémon, and I'm getting a TON of them in this event. Also, I'm hoping that maybe I'll find a Lapras while I'm out and about, but I'm REALLY making progress on my overall set of Kanto & Johto Dex.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I GOT A MOTHA FUKKIN' SHINY MAGIKARP!!!!!!!!

He's a weak little 20CP noodle, between 50-60% on his IVs (High on HP & Def and VERY low on Attack), and not at all tough compared to the other Magikarp that I've managed to land during the event. Whereas I have two others that're at least 95% at 120CP & 87CP that I was initially planning on evolving now that I'm ALMOST at 400 candies, this guy has solidly taken over priority in terms of being my first Gyarados.

Also, I've caught well over 50 of them during this event and started from a little over 100 candies to over 350 now.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Pokémon GO officially stated that the Shiny Magikarp are still available to find even now that the event has wrapped up, so keep eyes out if you didn't manage to nab one yet!!

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
The recent Egg event is now over, which was a really nice way to get to level 32.

Lots of things have been happening behind the scenes too. The latest android updates prevent mock location spoofing in apps. And Niantic have just implemented a change to encountering mons for brackets of players, reducing the impact of scanners in the game.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I'm halfway through 27 now, and SLOWLY building up some decently Gym-able mons. Didn't push super hard during the event, because I hurt my knee again, but I've got 9 2K eggs filling up my inventory at the moment.

Really enjoying all the events so far. Slowly working on a few Perfect IV pokemon, and got my (weak but awesome) Red Gyarados the other day!~ (Now it's 5k until I have a Forrtress).

Top Bottom