• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

*SOLVED* URGENT! Anybody here have a Japanese credit card?

I found the Dirge of Cerberus β Version on this auction site.

I first requested my friend in Japan for help on getting this item, but he only has a Swedish credit card so he can't register to the site and make a bid. Translated from Swedish:
Usually you can fix CoD but the site itself seems to be a payment site so you must unfortunately have a Japanese credit card

The auction ends this Saturday. If anybody here can place a bid, acquire the item and ship it to me, I will pay them for all these expenses (plus the inconvenience).

Write here or send me a PM if you can- and want to help out!

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
This is potentially MEGA exciting!!
*keeping fingers crossed & thumbs held for you*

X :neo:

So far no reply from the shopping service and no bid has been made on the auction. The auction ends in just over 16 hours.

When it's morning in Japan and if I still have not received a reply, my friend in Japan has agreed to look for any friends of his that have the proper credit card and who might be willing to help. No guarantees though.

My hope is, if I can't get a bid on the item this time around, that it will quickly be re-auctioned by the same person. So far there are zero bids on the item.

For those not in-the-know: The Dirge of Cerberus β Version was handed out to beta testers of the DCFFVII online multiplayer in Japan. When booting up the disc, all you'll get is the start menu screen, as such:

SnllHH1.jpg

Ergo, what is of interest here is data mining the disc and comparing it with the retail releases. It may contain artwork and text for the beta installation screen, which is known to have at least a few discrepancies with the installation screen of the retail edition.

As years go by and hopefully more of the Dirge of Cerberus files can be read and extracted, the research value of the β Version will only continue to increase.

Fangu

Great Old One
So the shopping service hasn't even responded to your query?

Look at other options then!

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Alright.... I'm 99.99999% sure I can take care of this for you (if assistance is still required?). :monster:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
*Cue all of the cautious optimistic excitement*

Only a few more hours until we know for sure!!~

X :neo:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
There's some weird sadistic part of me that wants to outbid you with my shopping middleman and dash your hopes, only to surprise you later (maybe weeks) by shipping it to you myself.

:hohum: I mean, it's gonna finally happen for you Shads!!

The bid was successful! Now we play the next stage of the waiting game to see that everything proceeds as it should. The person who placed the bid did so at the exact same minute that I received a confirmation email from the shopping service, so I simply have to assume that they are the same person. :wacky: Huge thanks to Tetsujin for recommending the service in the first place!

A mod can go ahead and add a "*SOLVED*" to the thread title. :monster:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Glad this all worked out Shadycakes!

Thanks Jasonbuns, I certainly hope it will work out 100%! I'm not assuming complete victory until I actually have the disc, successfully boot it up and prove that the proper contents are there :monster:

Will ya believe it? Shortly after I was successful with the auction on the Japanese site...the beta version popped up on eBay! XD

Thanks to X-Soldier acting as the intermediary for this copy (since the seller did not ship outside of the US), I now have the beta version in my hand and within a few weeks my second copy will arrive! THANK YOU SO MUCH X-SOLDIER! :properhug:

o5BFJXB.jpg

1vzSnpH.jpg

The gang is complete now!
- Japanese PS2 with BB Unit
- Chipped PS2
- β Version
- All four retail editions of Dirge of Cerberus

0U5OmdG.jpg

I'll give you the grand tour afterwards...in the Dirge of Cerberus research thread!

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Nice! Part of me thinks we need to get together to organise a intervention for Shad but another part of me thinks nice!

Top Bottom