• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So, Ghost Rider origin episode.

Was that Nic Cage Johnny Blaze?

They really like showing off that transformation effect. :lol:
It is pretty good for tv though.

Also, goddamn. Next episode is in four weeks. :closedmonster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The LMD finale was good shit. :monster:
Really stoked for the third arc although the series is off the air for six weeks now :@

I can't believe they're bringing back Ward again...inside the Matrix :lol:
Seriously didn't see that coming.

I'm gonna be so upset if this doesn't get renewed in May. Season 4 has been on fire imo

Last edited:

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Time for Bret Dalton to grow yet another new personality, then?

I finally gave up on SHIELD halfway through this season, maybe I'll look back into it.

Kingdom Hearts530

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Heart/Sam
Okay so maybe someone smarter than me/who actually still watches the show can help me out.

I keep hearing rumors that Trip is coming back? Is that possible/actually happening? Cuz he's my fav and I will totally watch this show if Trip comes back.

Because I really really miss him. Like still.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So, it's back...

Really enjoying the frameworks' alternative facts reality :monster:

I guess it should've been obvious that Ward is a traitor again except that it makes him a good guy this time :wacky:

Having never watched Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., I'm still pretty sure that this summary by Robot Chicken is accurate. :awesomonster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So, it's back...

Really enjoying the frameworks' alternative facts reality :monster:

They actually said "alternative facts" this time :wacky:

Last few episodes had a lot of thinly veiled shade thrown at Trump's administration and I love it :P

So...
That machine AIDA is building to become a real person...it seems like a very obvious setup to bring others from the Framework into the real world like say, GoodGuyWard.
...which is why I'm thinking they're gonna subvert expectations and it's not gonna happen.
Then again maybe they anticipate viewers anticipating the subversion and they'll play it straight instead!
Goddammit, showrunners have become too savvy of their own tropes and audience expectations these days, I never know what to think! :wacky:

I actually felt sad for FrameWard when he asked whether his Skye would come back once Daisy leaves.

Anyway, makes you wonder just how real the people inside the simulation are. Are they just a really good simulation or are they actually sentient/sapient? Would turning off the Framework at this point be the same as destroying an entire parallel universe?

God, I need at least one more season of this. D:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Renewed for season 5!

BhpOKr9.gif

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
WHAT THE FUCK WITH THAT LAST SCENE

WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON

SOMEONE TALK TO ME because it seems like I'm the only one still watching this here

thank fuck they renewed this because woof full on cliffhangerville there

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Went to see if I could buy the season pass for streaming earlier today on Amazon.de and it was listed at €53 which I thought was ridiculously expensive and almost certainly a pricing error. Normal price for new seasons should generally be around €30. Then later today it was down to...€8.50 :wacky:
Bought it for that price and now watched the season premiere. :awesome:
Let's hope Amazon doesn't revoke my order or something...

As for the first two episodes:

Man, that was a good season premiere.

Funny how the show about superpowered people on the moon turned into The Fantastically Mundane Hawaiian Misadventures of the Inhumans(tm) and meanwhile the show about the Earth-based spy agency goes full on sci-fi with spaceships, aliens, time travel and a post-apocalyptic Earth.

Regarding Daisy being responsible: I don't see how it's possible for her to do that when they all jumped past that point in time. If that was a thing that was going to happen then them jumping into the future and bypassing the apocalypse that they allegedly helped cause would already change the timeline. Unless it's predetermined that they're going back to the present to make that event happen and it's a stable time loop. But that couldn't be it either as the destruction of Earth will almost certainly be averted.

Then again I guess timey-wimey BttF mix of pre-determined timeline that can still be changed can still apply or whatever

fucking time travel

And I don't think it's anything to do with Thanos either as that seems too direct of a tie-in which they already said they're not really doing anymore.

Really interested to see where they go from here. Feels like they came up with a completely new show this season.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Well the show was surprisingly good in the second half of season 4, the best it has ever been. So maybe word of mouth got a lot of people watching again, it certainly got me. Though how the show didn't get cancelled after season 3 is beyond me. It had about the same viewership as Agent Carter but not as well regarded, yet Carter is gone (something I'm totally not still bitter about).

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Because season 4 got them enough episodes for syndication. It is generally understood that if a series with 22-episode seasons gets to three seasons a fourth one is almost guaranteed because it gets them to 88 episodes and they can shop it around to other channels for syndication.

Agent Carter had far shorter seasons so that was kind of out of the question.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Two seasons to look forward to, sooo generous. Such a relief not having to worry about renewal after season 6.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...c-marvel-series-gets-an-early-renewal-1162132

3/4 of a year before Season 6 is even going to air, they've renewed it for a 7th...?

They're both half-season length, so I guess it's like just getting one traditional season 6, but why now, I wonder.
Turns out there was a reason for it:

Season 7 planned to end the series, intended as such since the unexpected renewal for a sixth season was offered and accepted; finale for season 5 had been written with the expectation that it would end the series instead

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I mean that was clear when they killed off Coulson at the of season 5. Seemed like a nice book end, the series was created to bring him back from the dead and then ended with him dying again. Instead there's 2 more seasons and him getting brought back again.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
For whatever reason, five seasons seem to be the magic number where most shows should end.

It was where "Supernatural" was supposed to end, and it shows. It was obviously where "The 100" should have ended, as the currently airing sixth season has demoted it from the best sci-fi TV show ever (perhaps the overall best drama on TV period) to absolute crap. The reimagined "Battlestar Galactica" officially had four seasons, but essentially had five seasons if one compiles the premiere mini-series, the webisodes, and the TV movies into a season.

Even a comedy like "That '70s Show" would have ended on the perfect note before it could gradually get lame had it ended with its season 5 closer.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
:bump:

So this last season has been a ton of fun, by and large. The first half of it was clearly them just embracing time shenanigans to have fun with a bunch of one-off period pieces. It felt good for the series to let off the "things suck all the time" atmosphere (and also to get out of those damn Lighthouse sets). The costume design has been fantastic. There was also a very solid example of the age-old time loop episode, had some unique elements to it (it was also the directorial debut of Elizabeth Henstridge). Things have ramped up in seriousness now of course, with three-ish episodes left. Making some good use of callbacks to all the way back to season 1 and 2 (not to mention the character they brought over from Agent Carter), I'm looking forward to see how they wrap it up.

Top Bottom