• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

What games are you currently playing?

Ghost X

Not exactly "playing" but watching Thimbleweed Park being played. Made by the same creators of Monkey Island, and just released recently apparently. The humour is spot on. Lots of self-awareness, etc.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
There was a Witcher 3 Steam sale, so I took the plunge. Turns out my laptop can actually run it.

My PC can too... sort of, at lowest settings and a lower resolution. Not really worth it for me, I'll hold out until I upgrade - if ever. My computer's fine. Fans are a bit creaky sometimes and there's this thing where my internet connection and/or keyboard/mouse aren't working until I reboot when first starting up, but still. I've had this one for idk, 6-7 years (I have an inventory of the components somewhere, most of which first appeared early 2011)

I'm down to Mid Graphics and Low Post-Processing.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I am not playing this, but I am currently watching on youtube a game called Danganronpa: Ultimate Despair Girls. I got into the main series since last January, so I decided to get caught up on a spinoff before I tried the third installment... and I'm about halfway through, and speechless.

There's one kinda bossfight, and it's ... fucking Japan, I swear.

There's a mini game, that is
basically an attempted rape on the protagonist. Played for comedy.

What. The. Fuck.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Currently playing Parasite Eve for the first time, I´m on the first 2 hours of the game. It´s an interesting take on survival and RPG.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Stellaris was on sale, and since a lot of people were hyped about it, I got it.

It's a space strategy game, reminds me of Sins of a Solar Empire and probably a number of similar games that I haven't played (Master of Orion), it's interesting, has a lot of depth, etc. Still figuring out resource management, and I'm at a stage right now where... idk, just slowly expanding. I have a problem with one resource, Influence, which has no obvious means of getting more of it - besides trolling NPCs by declaring a rivalry. I should squash one of them, it seems rather weak and my current society is xenophobic. The game's pace can be very slow though. not sure if that's a good thing or not yet :monster:.

Ghost X

What game am I currently playing watching? PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. Looks like a lot of fun. If there was better CQC, I'd be an even bigger fan :P.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
I'm in between rage quitting
braid.gif
and playing the sexier version of FFIII :shifty:

9jqe7s.png

Dragonden

Banned
Yoshi's Wolly world on the 3DS fucking awesome. Too busy nowadays, annoys me that I want to play these games but don't have the time.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Black Desert Online released on Steam so I'm getting back into that. It's less of a traditional MMO and closer to idek what. You can build a production empire, buy a wagon and become a travelling trader or say fuck it and build a ship to go explore and/or fish. :wacky:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I tried it, but the user interface and gameplay and tutorial were just so much all over the place that I couldn't really get into it :monster:. I mean IDGI, MMO's aren't new, how hard can it be to ease the player into it?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Well it's originally Korean with what seems to be a hastily thrown together localisation. That kinda explains the ui (though I've cleaned mine up alot).

Aside from that, the tutorial and early period is kinda reminiscent of EVE :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I got Rimworld, it has a lot of Potential to be time-consuming as fuck. Progress is kinda slow though, at least in my current playthrough.

I've got Chili the cook, Engie the engineer doing the most stuff, and a hunter that goes off on a pyromaniac spree from time to time - if he manages to cause more damage than he has done so far, I'm afraid I'll have to put him down.

We captured a raider, put him in a cell for conversion to join our group. He developed a nasty infection in an arm and had to be amputated. He managed to escape and get his hands on a weapon, so we had to murder him.

Right now it's spring of year 2, we're planting loads of food for the winter. We got through this one well enough, plenty of meat in the freezer, but I think we'll have to expand it a bit. We've got people making clothes and artwork - especially the latter is very valuable. Should start organizing a caravan to the next town over for trading it, although I wonder how it works with food and such (since it can spoil). I've also got a patch of weed growing, imma become the local drug trader. Assuming my own people don't start smoking all of it off course.

Anemone

Pro Adventurer
Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I opened up my town after months of not playing, did the upgrade, and decided to sell my town for ~180,000,000 bells solely so that I could get a better town layout. I'm trying to get most of my old villagers back right now. 3 down, 4 to go! (The remaining 3 will be new.) If anybody else here plays ACNL, please let me know so we can exchange friend codes and hang out n stuff~

By the way, I always play these types of games under the name "Garnet." My town is called Memoria and I do generally try to aim for a quasi-FFIX feel. I figured you guys might appreciate that :P

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Just finished Mirror's Edge and have now started Mirror's Edge: Catalyst. On PS4 I am playing through Skyrim Remastered, starting with the Skyeim DLC I have never played. Blackreach is so biiiig, gawd.

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
I'm playing Fire Emblem Heroes

I've played FE from Genealogy up to Fates, I haven't played Echoes of Valentia yet.

It's actually very good. I didn't expect much from a mobile cash-grab game but it's actually a lot of fun even without paying Nintendo.

The artwork is simply majestic. The gameplay is very fluid and still manages to pose a fair challenge for the morning commute every once in a while.

Okay, it's no Genealogy or Path of Radiance in terms of story, and it's no Thracia/Radiant Dawn (hard mode) in terms of difficulty, but it's great fun nonetheless. Lots of rage about the stamina system but I find it's perfect for making sure I still do my work.

YWmylY7.jpg

WeWfosJ.jpg

xDmwUEO.jpg

xBTECtE.jpg

^______________________________________^

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah I don't mind Heroes at all, it's got the FE gameplay without the in-app purchase annoyance (like idk, having to pay to play the next level. There's a stamina system just like the FF mobile games but unless you play for hours a day you won't hit that)

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
It's really great isn't it? I think orbs are a little on the scarce side, but completing the story mode three times sets you up with over a hundred orbs so as long as you reroll your initial summons to make sure you set yourself up with at least one dancer and a decent mage, it's pretty easy to play for free.

I admit, getting through Lunatic mode with my initial team of Young Tiki, Lilina, Frederick and Azura wasn't always easy, but the game is such that you can just tactics the shit out of it and it makes for quite a satisfying experience.

Pulled Lucina and Tharja on the Tempest Trials banner so I'm pretty happy now. Lucina is so absurdly OP it's not even funny. Combine Falchion's health regeneration and her stats with Fury and Desperation/Vantage and she's a total juggernaut. Then add Moonbow and it's like lolwut where's the enemy army gone

I was glad to get Tharja as well. I rolled a few times hoping for one of the mages prevalent in PvP like Linde and Julia, but Tharja has great attack and speed and is considerably sexier than either of them. I've never particularly liked Lilina. She is a powerful mage in terms of raw ATK (I dare say she has the highest among mages) but mine is a 4-star (which is absolute trash in later chapters where she doesn't even scratch the mooks reliably) whereas Tharja is a 5-star and an absolute fiend with her blade tome and a couple of buffs.

I'm still debating what skills to give Tharja though. I feel that Vengeance and Reprisal (which I considered cannibalising from one of my Zephiels) are both inferior to Moonbow, so I'll probably sacrifice my third Palla to give her that. Draw Back is simply perfect for a non-healing Tharja build, that was an easy choice. The passives though... I just can't decide. I was considering Fury + Desperation, but there's also Life and Death and Vantage to consider. I don't think Vantage would be a terrific idea and Fury synergises with Desperation quite nicely, and I rather bolster stats than weaken them, even if her defence/resistance are not really worth trying to increase. I see people using Swordbreaker with Tharja a lot, but I think Desperation makes a lot more sense, it's just harder to acquire because you basically just need to pull Shanna, which I've yet to do.

Another unit I pulled was Clair from Gaiden/Echoes of Valentia. I think she's seriously underrated as a mage slayer. Her stats are pretty well-rounded (great resistance) and Hit and Run is a seriously fun skill, gives her great mobility especially when used in tandem with Reposition/Draw Back, which I like to give to my other units.

Now I've got units that I'm happy with, and was fortunate enough to get IVs that were good/workable, I'm focused more on the Pokémon catch em all objective. Still a few favourites I'd like to get. I liked Fir as a character but I'm sick of the sight of her to be honest, and it doesn't help that she's utter crap. I would like to get Alm, Celica, Klein, Olwen, Julia, Linde, and Clarine. Ike and Titania as well.

From a tactical perspective, I wouldn't mind getting Effie, Kagero, and Athena would be cool too.

One thing I've yet to really try is a team with a ranged attacker because I've yet to receive a good enough archer/ninja. I hear Kagero is insanely OP, and obviously Takumi/Klein are quite dangerous (though I've yet to lose to a team based around them in PvP).

At the moment the teams that can sometimes get me in PvP are those built around high resistance blues. Nowi isn't much of a concern with Lucina around, but I don't really have any counter for blue mages.

I mean I had Nino very early on but I pretty much got rid of her immediately because I dislike her. Julia would be nice, though hilariously slow. Nino and Tharja both have the benefit of being nimble mages, but the investment required to make Nino good is too much. I seriously do need a good green though. Frederick is a tank with good mobility but his resistance is frankly hilarious, plus so many reds in PvP...

I do enjoy the PvP mode, I think it was a good idea to delegate control of opposing teams to the AI so you're not waiting around for faggots to make up their damn mind as you must do in, say, Yu-Gi-Oh: Duel Links (judge me all you want, it's addictive when you put together a HHG deck and hit KoG in a day or two, though it'll get pretty shit if they ever introduce the GX/synchro bullshit).

I have one friend so far. Some random Japanese added me (presumably he fought my team in PvP) and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do besides tap his Camilla for 5 hero feathers per day. I can't exactly cue up a rematch or talk to the guy and laugh about how he has wasted his hero's skill points.

I think the ONLY thing I would add to the game would be a levelling system for your avatar character, which would reset one's stamina on each level up. Because I'm honestly quite happy doing Tempest Trials and Training Tower on Lunatic whenever I get a few minutes. I'm really glad that they've continued adding new chapters and paralogues to the story mode though.

I suppose creating one's own character would be fun too, but there's not enough room for variety and avatar characters couldn't be too powerful (or no one would pay for orbs to get powerful characters) and couldn't be too weak because then there'd be no point to have an avatar character besides the exercise in character creation.

One other thing I thought about: it doesn't quite feel like a Fire Emblem without a bandit chapter.

Edit:

Well, decided on my Tharja build.

I was considering Fury but I only just noticed how Life and Death confers a better bonus to ATK/SPD than Fury does, so I went with that + Desperation when I net a Shanna. When I do get Desperation, I'll also hunt down someone with Ardent Sacrifice to provide healing + Desperation activation. C passive skill still not decided. Threaten Res is possible, but possibly overkill. Maybe Spur/Fortify Res or Savage Blow.

Edit edit: YUP, that works nicely.

Edit edit edit: so many dead Legions... that guy's life is suffering now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom