FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Ghost X

Where is the japanese language version of the pdf document, maybe there is a mistranslation. Corporate fiscal years are also different from government fiscal years in Japan. I think the April-March is government, whether that makes a difference. Corporate is calender year. The original Japanese translation might clear up the confusion, because they seem to call the fiscal year number differently in their language, apparently, maybe >.>.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah, the fiscal year being set up this way isn't a SE thing; a lot of companies are this way.

Lex

Administrator
The UK tax year is April 6th to April 5th the following year - everyone gets their wage rises starting in April (I got mine today because I get paid on the 25th, woo). Anyway this is something to do with the UK not liking the pope and refusing to switch from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar hundreds of years ago.

A lot of UK businesses base their fiscal year on the UK tax year (though some don't), so we're currently in Q1 FY2018 for a bunch of companies and Q2 FY2017 for others.

This is no way related to Japan, which btw has a tax year following the calendar (1jan - 31dec) but a fiscal year beginning on 1st April and ending on 31st March.

*shrugs*

Fiscal years are funny. But anyway yes, to the matter at hand. We're already in Japan's fiscal year 2018. It says "beyond" and we know it'll probably be "beyond" but there it is.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I did predict that KH3 wouldn't be released until at least 2018 three years ago and now that's my biggest hope if this is the case.

As for FFVII Remake, I'm not holding any hopes of seeing that until at least 2019 the latest due to the fact that the game only started development two years ago, and since Nomura's directing both, KH3's in further development. We haven't seen much of the Remake except for a couple of screenshots a month or two back.

I doubt KH3 will be released in March, but at this point, I don't care. As long as it releases next year, even in November or July at the earliest, then I'm happy. FFVII Remake, like I said, 2019 the earliest...Part 1 at least, anyway.

On second thought, this is probably a wishful thinking in my case and what I'm actually sensing is very much in reverse.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
What's the Final Fantasy Awakening thing/logo under the China section of sourcing out??

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
As for FFVII Remake, I'm not holding any hopes of seeing that until at least 2019 the latest due to the fact that the game only started development two years ago

Considering the E3 reveal was 2 years ago and even then they said development had already started at least 1 year before that... That would mean three years at least. :)

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
What's the Final Fantasy Awakening thing/logo under the China section of sourcing out??

It's the title for the Chinese release of Final Fantasy Type 0 ONLINE game which has yet to be released even in Japan, let alone worldwide. I might be wrong, but since the game itself has been in silence since December, I have a feeling that it's another mobile game that's a massive bombshell and other release dates are cancelled, meaning that, like Agito, the rest of the world won't be seeing or playing this game what so ever.

As for FFVII Remake, I'm not holding any hopes of seeing that until at least 2019 the latest due to the fact that the game only started development two years ago

Considering the E3 reveal was 2 years ago and even then they said development had already started at least 1 year before that... That would mean three years at least. :)

Even so, it would make a lot more sense to release KH3 first before Part 1 of the Remake. Or at least, at this point, it's most likely a wishful thinking and I really wish this wasn't to case, but I'll probably have to wait for another five years for KH3 if Nomura decides to focus more on the Remake which is MUCH larger than KH3.:'(

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer

It's the title for the Chinese release of Final Fantasy Type 0 ONLINE game which has yet to be released even in Japan, let alone worldwide. I might be wrong, but since the game itself has been in silence since December, I have a feeling that it's another mobile game that's a massive bombshell and other release dates are cancelled, meaning that, like Agito, the rest of the world won't be seeing or playing this game what so ever.

Even so, it would make a lot more sense to release KH3 first before Part 1 of the Remake. Or at least, at this point, it's most likely a wishful thinking and I really wish this wasn't to case, but I'll probably have to wait for another five years for KH3 if Nomura decides to focus more on the Remake which is MUCH larger than KH3.:'(

My impression is that Nomura had originally been leaving Tai Yasue to handle most of the hard work while focusing on XV, and only move focus to KH3 to supervise moving KH3 to work with Unreal. Now that it's probably properly situated, Tai will resume main leadership while Nomura focuses his time on VII.

Its what makes the most sense to me anyways.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
My impression is that Nomura had originally been leaving Tai Yasue to handle most of the hard work while focusing on XV, and only move focus to KH3 to supervise moving KH3 to work with Unreal. Now that it's probably properly situated, Tai will resume main leadership while Nomura focuses his time on VII.

In other words, KH3 will be released after the Remake? I knew this would happen. *Sigh* The more they do this, the more they're losing my support.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
In other words, KH3 will be released after the Remake? I knew this would happen. *Sigh* The more they do this, the more they're losing my support.

It's possible that KH3 will end up being released after the first part/installment of the FFVII Remake, but I think it's unlikely that it won't be released before the other installments/parts of the Remake come out though.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer

Who knows? KH3 got started sooner, but the delays caused by the reprograming could mean anything.

On the otherhand, they have a goal to release 2 blockbuster games a year, and they only have three of those scheduled for 2018 and beyond. So it could be a matter of months between the two. A spring/summer release for one, and then a holiday season release for the other.

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer

I liked that KH3 has been in production long enough for Hikaru Utada to return from her hiatus. They will certainly have my support for doing that.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Can anyone confirm if this document image is legit or not?

Found it from this Twitter: https://twitter.com/mmafanchad/status/859137040952303616
C-xElNwWAAQaZVL.jpg

If it is I am surprised it hasn't been more widely reported.

Apart from wondering why the Square Enix logo is grainy and without red, I'm not seeing anything that stands out as suspicious. That doesn't mean it's not fake though. We really have no way of telling for sure.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I don't understand what exactly someone would hope to gain by forging an EXTREMELY BORING press brief. I mean, if Square barely put up during E3, showed up late, hungover, with burnt cue cards, anyone watching would expect them to deliver nothing less than everything on that document and more besides.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I don't understand what exactly someone would hope to gain by forging an EXTREMELY BORING press brief. I mean, if Square barely put up during E3, showed up late, hungover, with burnt cue cards, anyone watching would expect them to deliver nothing less than everything on that document and more besides.

Did you forget how much hype was was put up for the 30th Anniversary, and how utterly wrong the leaks about that were?

I want this to be true, but I'm not going to participate in rumors anymore. It always burns me no matter what stance I take.

Edit: SCREW IT HYPE TRAIN FOR EVERYONE! *Shares to reddit and gamefaqs*

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator

Did you forget how much hype was was put up for the 30th Anniversary, and how utterly wrong the leaks about that were?

I want this to be true, but I'm not going to participate in rumors anymore. It always burns me no matter what stance I take.

Edit: SCREW IT HYPE TRAIN FOR EVERYONE! *Shares to reddit and gamefaqs*

There were reasons for that though. Square themselves never indicated they'd show anything, it was mainly random sites doing guesswork. The only thing SE are actually at fault for re: the "event" is holding it on FFVII's 20th anniversary.

We'll see a trailer at E3 this year for sure. It's already been stated that one was ready for a random company brief thing a while back but the company wouldn't let Nomura show it then.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Yeah just make that slide a final boss and BOOM part 1 in the bag.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Assuming that Square has to show something, because they kinda do - I think the most Square thing they could do would be to just have a playable demo of the Reactor 1 Raid. They could say they allowed people to physically play the game, which would indeed be something. But it would also impart almost no information about the progress of the development and annoy all of us :monster:

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Assuming that Square has to show something, because they kinda do - I think the most Square thing they could do would be to just have a playable demo of the Reactor 1 Raid. They could say they allowed people to physically play the game, which would indeed be something. But it would also impart almost no information about the progress of the development and annoy all of us :monster:

If they hold back Aerith, I will punch something.

Top Bottom