• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Last Film You've Seen

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Just watched U.S.S. Indianapolis: Men of Courage. I'm not usually a Nick Cage fan (or a fan of war movies), but it was pretty good.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
IT FOLLOWS.

Again.

It was great because this time I knew when the scares were happening, so I could really appreciate the cinematic artistry of the film. Loved picking out the "cheap, but effective" details and effects. Gotta love (good) indie cinema.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
IT FOLLOWS.

Again.

It was great because this time I knew when the scares were happening, so I could really appreciate the cinematic artistry of the film. Loved picking out the "cheap, but effective" details and effects. Gotta love (good) indie cinema.

That movie unnerves me on a personal level, since it was shot where I grew up.

Last movie I watched was The Descent. I needed to watch cute kitten videos for an hour after that. Yeesh. Bleak, bleak, bleaaaak movie.

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
Drunken Master II. Had to revisit one of the best fight scenes ever. I recently bought the Hong Kong Rescue version on blu ray.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
That movie unnerves me on a personal level, since it was shot where I grew up.

Last movie I watched was The Descent. I needed to watch cute kitten videos for an hour after that. Yeesh. Bleak, bleak, bleaaaak movie.

No way! Cool trivia.

The Descent is next on my list O_O; hadn't seen it yet. Shall be bracing myself...

Or just postpone it's viewing :monster:

Ghost X

Transcendence

I think it would've been better as a direct-to-TV lower budget movie, but it was interesting to watch nonetheless. Better than what I expected, given I think it got critically panned. 3.25/5 stars.

Anemone

Pro Adventurer
I Origins. I tend to enjoy the work of the Marling/Cahill/Batmanglij trio and this film was no different. Beautiful story, beautifully shot.

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
I saw Your Name aka "Kimi no na wa"(subbed) in theaters the other day. It's one of the best anime films I've ever seen. The animation is so gorgeous and very dream like. I finally know why people are in love with this movie since it's release last year. All I knew going in was that a boy and girl body swap; they used this gimmick and turned it into something more. There was a scene or two that kinda reminded me of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. I highly recommend it though!

Anemone

Pro Adventurer
Advantageous. It was an interesting story, and I liked most of the performances in the film, but the script felt kind of... clunky at times. Certainly worth a watch though.

I watched the third season of Black Mirror after this, and I have to say that watching Advantageous first twisted the "San Junipero" episode for me. I know a lot of people found that episode heart-warming, but it felt more like standard Black Mirror to me because of the fact that Advantageous' themes were still in the back of my mind.

Ghost X

Ghost in the Shell (2017)

I think my favourite part of the film featured in one of the trailers, where Motoko dodges bullets while zipping around fighting folks near the stripper pole <-- Innovative. Overall, I was disappointed with the film. Only watched it because a friend wasn't interested in watching another film. 2.5/5 stars. Do not see it is my recommendation.

Paramount hasn't learnt their lesson, evidently, blaming it on the white washing issue, but nope, it just sucked :awesome:. Wanna see a good movie? Watch the original 1995 anime, which I rated 4.5/5 stars :P.

Ghost X

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Really good film. My only complaint I guess is that a lot of stuff happens on the screen at a time in some parts, a bit too chaotic in that sense, and over the course of the film a lot of things happen too. Needs to be moments to let my brain absorb what is going on for the emotional impact parts to do their job.
Ironically, the death and funeral of Yondu then went on for far too long
. Back to positives again, lots of laughter throughout the film, and lots of scenes in the credits. 4/5 stars.

Anemone

Pro Adventurer
Circle (2015). It's about 50 people trapped in a room where they're forced to kill each other off -- through majority vote, no less. Given that a character dies every 2 minutes, it certainly keeps you on the edge of your seat (even when it's pretty obvious who's going next). I'm always impressed by films that keep you engaged despite only having one or two sets.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Mr. Church

A really quite lovely movie about friendship and life. Uplifting, felt very real. Definitely recommend, if you want to watch something that makes you feel, and feel good. ^_^ Mr. Church is hired as a cook to help out a single mother diagnosed with cancer; the movie progresses through several years. I could watch this again, which is saying something.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
The Brothers Bloom – I already love Rian Johnson's other films, but hadn't ever seen this but DEAR GODS it's just as fantastic as the other ones. I'm super, SUPER amped to see how he does on The Last Jedi even more now.

X :neo:

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
Ghost in the Shell (2017)

I think my favourite part of the film featured in one of the trailers, where Motoko dodges bullets while zipping around fighting folks near the stripper pole <-- Innovative. Overall, I was disappointed with the film. Only watched it because a friend wasn't interested in watching another film. 2.5/5 stars. Do not see it is my recommendation.

Paramount hasn't learnt their lesson, evidently, blaming it on the white washing issue, but nope, it just sucked :awesome:. Wanna see a good movie? Watch the original 1995 anime, which I rated 4.5/5 stars :P.
wouldn't have touched the life-action remake with a 18ft macedonian pike. the original was a triumph in terms of animation and a classic anime movie in general. I wouldn't even watch the live-action movie if I was paid.

I mean I'd watch it for $500+ but any less and I'd tell them to feck off.

anyway

I just watched Gold. it was the informant!/catch me if you can/the wolf of wall street/whatever part MCMXXXIII: the return of the money grabbing dude who ignores the nice lady. boooooooring.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Just watched Divines by by Houda Benyamina.
Mon chou and I had initially congratulated the film on not making a big deal out of Maimouna's weight. She was not the butt of any jokes. She wasn't the frumpy dumpy best friend. She just happened to be a big girl. But then she fucking gets killed almost directly because of her weight as she's the only one who fails to get through the little opening of the burning warehouse because she's too fat. So she dies in a horrible explosive death. WHAT?? I laughed tears of disbelief. It read as a sort of 'Fuck You'.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Justice League Dark. It's SO good. Really funny, dark enough and so much cool magic and fighting. Awesome to see Matt Ryan as Constantine again as well, cos he is perfect <3

Anemone

Pro Adventurer
Cube, on the recommendation of Interslicery. I didn't think the actors were as terrible as many reviewers seem to think. Sure, the cop was hammy, but other than that I thought they were fine. Not Oscar-worthy, but believable enough. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, I enjoyed it all in all. The first couple of minutes really freaked me out though omg.

Ghost X

Rock & Rule (1983)

I feel like I've committed a crime by not ever hearing about this film ever. Only saw it in my youtube suggestions :P. Has a certain charm about it, didn't get bored watching it, but can't rate it too highly either. 3.2/5 stars.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I'd heard of it. Not seen it yet. Seems like something I'd either love or hate with the firey passion of 1000 suns :monster:

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
Wr0oqNzl.jpg

Rogue One
I was quite upset about this latest instalment in the Harry Potter franchise despite the fact that Johnny Depp made an appearance as Saruman at the end. Heard that Cumberbatch was the dragon but I was really surprised because the voice sounds nothing like him.

Anyway acting was so-so, and the CGI rendition of Alec Guinness as Prince Faisal was a little unnecessary but I was impressed by the attempt, I mean I could still tell it was CGI but A for effort.

Lots of battle scenes and I think the story wasn't the strongest, mainly because how are you supposed to care if Harry Potter's not actually in it?

Probably won't rewatch but I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel, Rogue Two.

5/10

Anemone

Pro Adventurer
American Sniper. Wasn't interested in the subject matter, but I've been trying to watch more critically acclaimed films from the last few years.

I thought that Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller did a good job, but otherwise... meh...

Top Bottom