Mass Effect Series

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Speaking of which...

also @lex I saw that a couple of days ago but forgot to mention it. d'oh

I haven't seen the thing with Kandros though. neat!

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Eeek. That 'Making An Impression' mission is hard.

Edit: Bit of a tactical rejig and I managed to down the beast. Oh and my Ryder:

17621968_10158502335815319_556400093901375697_o.jpg

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
So it looks like I triggered a hidden mission early.

[spoiler="Completionist" Mission Spoiler (unlocks with 100% viability everywhere)]

So there's this mission called The World is Waiting - according to the internet this is supposed to trigger when every planet is at 100% viability and you've established all the outposts - I haven't been to h-047c yet (though not sure if that's one you can affect viability on EDIT: haha never mind just been there wow) but I did get 100% on Elaaden (already had 100% everywhere else) but hadn't placed the outpost yet, and this popped.

It's a really neat way to recognise the completionist for doing this, since the outcome is pretty meaningful (all the colonies and outposts come online and applaud while you stare at Habitat 7 being terraformed and are told it's to be renamed Ryder-I).

The reason I know it triggered before it was supposed to is because it referenced colonies and places I haven't been to yet. And there they were on comms applauding me anyway XD.[/spoiler]

Oh well, cool stuff regardless.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Ugh

Hooray gay Turians that have a prominent place in the story

oh look one of them's dead before they have to show any actual interaction

What happened to you Bioware.

Lex

Administrator
Bioware have also released patch notes:

Hi everyone,

It’s been two weeks since the launch of Mass Effect™: Andromeda and we’re thankful to the millions of you who have already joined us on this journey. And though the game is now in your hands, it’s really just the beginning.

Since launch, our team has been poring over your comments and feedback, looking to discover what you like about the game, as well as areas we can evolve or improve.

This Thursday, we’ll release a new patch that addresses technical fixes (crashes, improved performance), but also adds a number of improvements we’ve heard you ask for, such as:

Allowing you to skip ahead when travelling between planets in the galaxy map
Increasing the inventory limits
Improving the appearance of eyes for humans and asari characters
Decreasing the cost of remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants
Improving localized voice over lip sync
Fixing Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer

Over the next two months we’ll be rolling out additional patches which will go even deeper and look to improve several areas of the game:

More options and variety in the character creator
Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters
Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations
Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams

These upcoming patches will also address performance and stability issues. And we’re looking at adding more cosmetic items to single player for free.

For multiplayer, over the same timeframe, we’re going to continue to build on the APEX missions that have been running since launch. We’ll be adding new maps, characters, and weapons. On Thursday, we kick off the first of three new chapters centered around The Remnant Investigation.

This is just a taste of what’s in store as we continue to support Mass Effect: Andromeda. And as always, you all play an important role in that. We want to hear from you about your experiences, both what you love about the game and what you’d like to see changed. We’re listening, and we’re committed to partnering with you as we continue to explore the Andromeda galaxy together.

Here’s to a great journey,

Aaryn

in case you skimmed over it

the fuck are they gonna do? XD

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Good work, BioWare. Stepping up and fixing their shit. I'm getting excited now.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
in case you skimmed over it

the fuck are they gonna do? XD

Considering their tweet re: Hainly Abrams, it actually sounds like they're going to make significant content changes

Lex

Administrator
That could do with posting here, since it's a decent acknowledgement of the issue with that character:

C8qj9EyUAAAcpZx.jpg

I am super curious what they're going to do about the m/m romances though.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
So I've started Andromeda. It's getting late but here's some random thoughts so far.

It really really feels like the huge successor to Mass Effect 1. This game seems to have exploded on the exploration and adventuring on planets, the galaxy map looks and operates pretty sweet (sadly no manual flying but then again I would've flown into a star just to see what happened and likely killed everyone so that's probably for the best), the combat is getting more fun each time I play and get more used to it, I also love the combat customization so far but I'm not very far into it yet either.
I like to drive the Nomad with a 'eh fuck it' attitude, it gets me where I want to go, even if I have to plow through rocks and Kett :awesome:

Speaking of, only met the Kett so far and just got off Eos after vault stuff. Story-wise it's still just beginning, seems like, but it's intruiging.
They did a great job at making this game feel like a brand new adventure. It's reflected in the gameplay, the mechanics, the story, etc. I like how it all seamlessly collides into this 'You're in a new galaxy with a new story and this is about adventure and discovery'.

I'm FemRyder, so I don't know yet how similar her and Scott are in their dialogue and such, but she definitely feels young and new and eager. She herself reflects the purpose of the game I mentioned above. As a side note I'm making her a more 'follow your heart' character.

Anyhow, point is, she's very different from Shepard. Shepard fit the trilogy so well. Shepard is a badass that you look up to, that you might deeply love, might be afraid of, and goddamn you want her on your team because she will fuck shit up if she has to to set things right. Shepard is a warrior, with experience, compassion, and maturity. She is a natural leader.
Ryder is very different from Shepard. Young and eager and inexperienced, determined, full of a drive to discover the unknown. An explorer. And possibly TOO eager. I can see Ryder going through some tough shit as the game goes on. Stuff that'll hopefully make her grow more and mature a bit. She doesn't quite feel like a natural leader like Shepard. But we'll see what happens.

Oh and so far I...quite like the companions, actually. Squadmates, whatever. Even the human ones. Like, the humans aren't actually boring as shit. :wacky:

Oh and I'm enjoying the game. Taking a bit to warm up to in a way, like the first ME, but it's got me hooked now. :D
Okay that's all for now, be back again eventually. :monster:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Nice thoughts, Flare. I think that the beginning segment really lets the game down, but as soon as you are past that, it gets extremely good and I'm really engaged with everything now.

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
I'm at about 46% through the game according to the in-game stats, and so far really enjoying my experience with the game. I've just finished with Liam's loyalty mission last night. Now, that was a fun, humourous, and chaotic romp. I think it's one of my favourite missions so far.

I generally agree with Flare's observations. ME:A feels very much like the spiritual successor to the first ME game. Exploration is similar to ME1 with the game's large world maps, but with a lot more things to do. (Sometimes, I have to admit, it feels like there's TOO MUCH to do and clear out in each world, but I guess depends on how closely I want to keep to the main plot.)

I was not one who enjoyed driving the Mako in ME1 and I thought I'd dislike using the vehicle in ME:A, too. I'm surprised to find myself feeling kinda okay about the Nomad here. Certainly feeling a lot less negative about it compared to the Mako. I still drive the same way though: plow through every obstacle in a straight line to my destination.

I'm playing as Sara Ryder, and her base personality feels different from my Jane Shepard. Ryder as a personality gives the impression of being a lot younger, more impulsive, less experienced, and less serious compared to Shepard. Some of her default dialogue lines definitely tell us that she's never really been in situations of this magnitude and severity. She is in many ways in over her head in Andromeda so she's less prepared for most of the heavy shit that goes down. Generally, Sara Ryder is the adventurer who flies by the seat of her pants and (so far) gets through it with a lot of improvisation and luck.

The interactions of the Tempest crew both with Ryder and with each other are also done well, IMO. The crew's mostly non-military nature really shows. They're more relaxed about the internal structure. I've found myself chuckling at scenes where Ryder tries to (almost ineffectually) pull rank over them and their reaction is simply to humour her.

I really enjoy playing as Ryder. (Side note: I should try and see if Ryder dances like Shepard.)

I am wondering when Scott will actually come into play in my game. Hope I get to see my virtual little brother get to kick ass like his big sis.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I've pretty much got to the point of getting to know the squadmates and wondering who the hell I'm going to bang romance. Any suggestions? I'm playing as Sara Ryder and yes, I even tried to hit on Lexi. :(

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I've hit on everyone I could hit on so far :wacky: Except a couple NPC's like Suvi. I do it just because :wacky:

I'm honestly kinda torn between 3 people right now, oddly enough. Have to get to know them better for sure, but it's Vetra, Peebee, and Jaal I think :closedmonster: I actually kinda like Peebee. She's in consideration because I'm also trying to RP with my character and pick someone she'd definitely pick, not just someone I would personally pick.
Going to enjoy getting to know them all more. :D

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
I tried awkwardly flirting with Suvi once so far, and since the option to flirt with her disappeared after that, I'm not sure if it'll go anywhere.

paspartoo

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Of course Mass Effect is a legendary game and it is hard to find a man who don't know what they will show us in the future

Top Bottom