Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
^I was wondering that too! I was looking at that Amano art and picking out summons and, I'm just getting excited thinking about these godlike summons that are huge and powerful. Bahamut pleasepleaseplease be a fucking huge dragon please. :awesome:
I'm just curious which summons will be in the game. Seems like more traditional summons again this time.

I think they'll have Bahamut has a huge dragon anyway, considering how the summons in FFXV are giants, so it makes sense that Bahamut is giagantic as well.

Did anyone notice an appearance of Stella at some point during the Uncovered event? When Lex sent the footage over from twitch to youtube, one of the thumbnails it generated was of Stella, but I don't remember seeing her.

That's not Stella. That's Lunafreya you were seeing. Stella was originally gonna be in the game, but since they redid almost everything from the time of FFXV when it was known as Versus XIII, they removed Stella and created Lunafreya to replace her instead.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
that is the set i am going to get, that's exactly what i wanted

thank you square, i'm so happy and that box looks cool

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Mother-Of-God.png

fuck a cracker that is beautiful.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
The game is going to be released World Wide, not just in a few countries.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Yes for the love of doge, all of you hurry up and cancel your Ultimate preorders so I can has one. Muste have that art book! ;___;

"Booklet" doesn't sound enough like "art book" for me to want this new bundle.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
"Booklet" doesn't sound enough like "art book" for me to want this new bundle.

The booklet is the same size as the game case, so it's definitely not as cool as the art book. :monster: I'm thinking this booklet is like that little 'art booklet' that came with the preorder of X/X-2 Remaster. It was kind of disappointing. :wacky:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I swore to myself I'd never buy a physical copy of ANY game for my PS4 (going full digital)... but damn if that isn't tempting.

This year I had my eyes on several games: Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator, BlazBlue Central Fiction, TMNT, oy.... My wallet hates me now.

All I really want, to be perfectly honest is to see both the movie and the Ova to get some backdrop on the story of FFXV... I'll be happy with that much.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Holy frick frack, that is beautiful.

It's not enough to make me want to cancel my Ultimate preorder though. :awesome:

^^^This

I wish I had that box to keep my game and movies in, but that's it, and I can live without it.

Ultimate Edition I get my very own Noctis, among other things. <3

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Famitsu interview with Hajime Tabata and Takeshi Nozue in English.
http://www.famitsu.com/matome/ff15/interview01_EN.html

That interview is brilliant. Tabata is basically saying "I went in and smashed up the hierarchy" which was apparently much needed. He's very open and positive when talking about the development of XV, which will hopefully only be a positive thing for the game.

I was basically going to say the same thing. :D From all the interviews of him, I really like Tabata and I think he's brought a lot of good changed to the XV project. I love that he made it a meritocracy system in the production of the game, and I love that he recognized that the FF series was actually failing and that they couldn't just do the same things and expect to stay a big presence in the market. Seems like making him the project lead is one of the best things SE did for the FF series in the last 10 years.
Of course we'll find out if this is true or not when we all play the game, but I do have high hopes for it, not gonna lie.

Lex

Administrator
I feel like if the game is going to be Duscae x100 with the newer UI and combat system I can definitely enjoy it, I just really really hope they nail down the framerate issues. I'm sure everyone else has noticed this too, but all the character hair is so fine that the dithering is so so noticeable and it actually looks worse. They need an AA filter or something.

They've made it clear that Platinum Demo is still pre-beta though, so I'm not too worried yet. I wouldn't mind a slight loss in graphics for a stable framerate, it's totally needed when playing an action-combat game.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
They need an AA filter or something.

Apparently they do have one but it's cranked to 11 which causes weird artifacts and makes the image even blurrier or something.

I know it's just a demo but Duscae had similar issues and I'm a bit worried as to how much these issues will even be fixed in the final game.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Famitsu said:
Tabata: In principle, you can enjoy the film without having played the game, or vice versa. However experiencing both ensures a deeper appreciation of the two. They are made to complement each other.

Yes

Thank you. <3

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I feel like if the game is going to be Duscae x100 with the newer UI and combat system I can definitely enjoy it, I just really really hope they nail down the framerate issues. I'm sure everyone else has noticed this too, but all the character hair is so fine that the dithering is so so noticeable and it actually looks worse. They need an AA filter or something.

They've made it clear that Platinum Demo is still pre-beta though, so I'm not too worried yet. I wouldn't mind a slight loss in graphics for a stable framerate, it's totally needed when playing an action-combat game.

Not to be a debbie-downer, but this just reminded me that I still don't feel like SE are shifting from the 'moar graphics' approach to their game development. But that's just me.

Lex

Administrator
Well I'm not sure about that because XV doesn't look all that visually impressive to me anymore. But then I've been spoiled by things like Uncharted 4 and Dragon Age :monster:

Top Bottom