• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

What music would you think would fit into an FF game?

Ghost X

In the chit chat thread, various posts were made, which inspired the creation of this thread. I guess the basic format would be to post music you think would fit into an FF game, and in what way. EG: Villain music? Character themes? Fitting of a particular event? Hopefully you get the gist.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
copypasta

I think that's an idea for a potentially good thread: "Music you think would fit into an FF game".

Personally, I think this would be good for an eccentric villain :awesome:. Perhaps not final boss material :P.

8 Bit Uptown Funk sounds like a trip to the moon :monster:

And Bohemian Rhapsody sounds like a star crossed lovers theme <3

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Believe it or not the opening riff to FF7's boss theme sounds nearly identical to the chorus riff of this Metallica song, but in a higher pitch.

Here's the FF7 boss theme for comparison.

Last edited:

RedFFWolf

Donator
I've always imagined Megadeth's Hangar 18 to suit as a fight piece. Though, I admit, I've seen this potential for other game styles or maybe even a movie more so (in general, I don't really go for lyrics in gameplay, whether battles or locations, even though FFX's Otherworld made it work :P)

I can see the party getting into position as the music hits at the 0:46-0:48 second mark.
And even the lyrics aren't a bad addition.

Then you hit this part at the 2:45-2:50 mark, and the enemy you're fighting could change around and things get tougher!

Pixel

The Pixie King
This song sounds like FF7s battle theme, but really sad. I used it in a couple of the audiobooks. I think something like that would be interesting in the remake.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I've always imagined Megadeth's Hangar 18 to suit as a fight piece. Though, I admit, I've seen this potential for other game styles or maybe even a movie more so (in general, I don't really go for lyrics in gameplay, whether battles or locations, even though FFX's Otherworld made it work :P)

I wouldn't be surprised at all if some FF games' battle themes and the like were based on music like this, :monster:.

Here's some Edguy, mostly the intro(s) are reminiscient of FF theme style; the vocals are distracting as fuck though

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
If you can excuse the inclusion of Homestuck music, this track is something I'd easily place in a classic FF title. I feel it'd match a nifty sequence where the protagonist(s) is fighting in some kind of haunted area, though when I say that I think of the haunted levels in Super Mario. Anyhow.

RedFFWolf

Donator
If you can excuse the inclusion of Homestuck music, this track is something I'd easily place in a classic FF title. I feel it'd match a nifty sequence where the protagonist(s) is fighting in some kind of haunted area, though when I say that I think of the haunted levels in Super Mario. Anyhow.

This really puts me in mind of Battle of Olympus, and now I can't help but feel it sounds like it belongs in a really old era - and, with that, is inherently Greek :closedmonster:

Music interpretation just flying over my head right now :awesomonster:

Actually I wouldn't know if / where it would fit, I'm just trolling :monster:

Rember wen cloud was :( in the green water and he got ou and said sorry and jim crary secrt caracter - tat was the muusic

(Once it's 8-bit, it almost always sounds like there's a home for it somewhere on an old gaming system, but this one is a bit of a struggle - some parts suit certain themes/ideas, but then other parts come along and throws it off a little - maybe better off for an old-school Sonic location or Castlevania? :monster:)

Top Bottom