Kingdom Hearts III

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
No clue, [citation needed] etc

It doesn't seem overtly fake at first glance, looks reasonable at least.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Hmmm.....looks legal enough, but I'm gonna be skeptical and not take this page to heart just yet. The only way to find out is whether Square confirms this to be true or not and wait and see next month.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Okay, so in regards of E3 next month, while I still doubt that KH3 will make any appearence(again), there's this rumor we should keep an eye on and while it's most likely not true, well, let's just wait and see.

http://kh13.com/forum/topic/106845-...7-and-apparent-release-deadline-set-for-2018/

And yes, this is a big mistake for KH3 to be another FFXV, I think they'll be cut content in the game anyway. There always is when it comes to Kingdom Hearts.

What I think will be cut out might not be surprising.

Cut Content 1: San Fransokyo. That world only had one picture of Sora and Baymax VS Dark-Baymax, but that's pretty much it of that world when it comes to Big Hero 6. We have yet to see even a gameplay of the world.

Cut Content 2: The Key to Return Hearts. We haven't heard anything much about that weapon either, and although I still think the Starry Keyblade Sora's been wielding in the recent trailers as shown in Olympus Coliseum, Kingdom of Corndia, Twilight Town and Mysterious Tower is in fact the Key to Return Hearts, I think that Blade's mission will be cut out too.

That's all of the Contents I think that'll most likely not appear in Kingdom Hearts 3 for now.

Other than this rumor, we still wait one more month before E3, and if next month's event is a No-No for KH3 and FFVII Remake, then we wait for the Tokyo Game Show in September.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Seen this float around recently, to a bit of my ire. Kinda wondered if it would end up here. The following already works on the assumption that the rumour is at all legitimate:

As the Twitter source discusses, a bit of cut content is nothing new at all for Kingdom Hearts. Be it scale-backs from the planning phases, cut NPC's (Pleakley in Birth By Sleep) and Summons (KH1 Bahamut, KH2 Buzz and Woody.), or even completely gutted worlds (Jungle Book, fully moddled in Birth By Sleep.).

He's not even expressing concern. KH3 won't be unfinished, they'll just get what they can done for 2018. The source actually says that what is done is shaping up very well.

In all honesty, the information shared isn't even that shocking to me. Trailer at E3? Well I sure hope so, Square. 2018 release? With 2.8 delayed into this year, this was already on my mind. Things might be cut? There are always some things on the cutting room floor with KH.
It's not really comparable with something like XV.

And, of course, that is if this is true.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
In this case, it would actually be nice if they could just throw in the extras later on. Complete the main scenario, and throw up some of the cut worlds/content later on as DLC episodes for those of us that want a little replay value in the future.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
With new details of the game itself, I just had a horrible thought come into mind.

What if Square's saving KH3 for 2022 which is the 20th Anniversary since the first time came out since they don't want any of us to get it any time sooner but to wait which it ends up being the announcement of FFVII Remake or something?

If this is the case, then for crying out loud, I don't want to wait for the 20th Anniversary just for KH3 and then they decide to change their minds that the game itself is the very last one of the series due to them taking far too long.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
With new details of the game itself, I just had a horrible thought come into mind.

What if Square's saving KH3 for 2022 which is the 20th Anniversary since the first time came out since they don't want any of us to get it any time sooner but to wait which it ends up being the announcement of FFVII Remake or something?

If this is the case, then for crying out loud, I don't want to wait for the 20th Anniversary just for KH3 and then they decide to change their minds that the game itself is the very last one of the series due to them taking far too long.

...That's the height of paranoia dude. They can't just sit on a product. They have bills to pay, be it staff, raised stock sell off, resources, or starting the next project.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
...That's the height of paranoia dude. They can't just sit on a product. They have bills to pay, be it staff, raised stock sell off, resources, or starting the next project.

*Skeptically* Does the name Final Fantasy Versus XIII turned into FFXV ring any bells to you?

Good news, from some information that is listed on Square Enix's Holdings website, Kingdom Hearts 3 is slated to release within the next 3 years!

As much as I want to be wrong on this one, I do recall in one interview years back that Nomura had projects to keep him busy until 2019.

This just reinforces the speculation that while 2018 may still be possible(....extremely not possible now and I betcha they going to say, "Oh, sorry, it's not going to be out in 2018 as we hoped.") it's becoming more and more likely to be out in 2019 or 2020, the same year that the Shrek reboot is being released by Dreamworks. So Nomura could've been speculating that he invisioned KH3 to be released in 2019.

I hope that's not the case, but ya' know....we're becoming like people in FFX holding onto false hope that Sin would be gone, and as Yunalasca would say....

"Hope is comforting. It allows us to accept fate, no matter how tragic." or something similiar.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer

*Skeptically* Does the name Final Fantasy Versus XIII turned into FFXV ring any bells to you?

Good news, from some information that is listed on Square Enix's Holdings website, Kingdom Hearts 3 is slated to release within the next 3 years!

As much as I want to be wrong on this one, I do recall in one interview years back that Nomura had projects to keep him busy until 2019.

This just reinforces the speculation that while 2018 may still be possible(....extremely not possible now and I betcha they going to say, "Oh, sorry, it's not going to be out in 2018 as we hoped.") it's becoming more and more likely to be out in 2019 or 2020, the same year that the Shrek reboot is being released by Dreamworks. So Nomura could've been speculating that he invisioned KH3 to be released in 2019.

I hope that's not the case, but ya' know....we're becoming like people in FFX holding onto false hope that Sin would be gone, and as Yunalasca would say....

"Hope is comforting. It allows us to accept fate, no matter how tragic." or something similiar.

If one more person brings up Versus, I'm gonna scream to high heaven.

Versus is one of those once-in-a-century kind a disasters. Its not gonna happen again. Cut the doomsday crap. When we're at the five year point, sure, start worrying. We haven't even fully hit year two yet. We haven't even gotten through the time it took for XIII to come out.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
When we're at the five year point, sure, start worrying. We haven't even fully hit year two yet. We haven't even gotten through the time it took for XIII to come out.

(Small correction: KH3's reveal was four years ago, XIII took 3,5 years to come out)

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
KHIII was really revealed 4 years ago? Holy smokes

Yep. The teaser trailer was originally on Lumoise Engine until they changed it to Unreal 4 Engine due to Final Fantasy XV as somebody said that he didn't want any other game using the same engine as FFXV until afterwards.

Time flies when you're having rum.

LORL! Normally it's "Time flies when you're having fun" but I like this version!

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
and weed :awesome:

(doesn't rhyme but still)

Time flies when you're having rum. Pour it onto a seed, it shall become a weed.

Doesn't make sense, but I like it

Thanks. I made up the "Pour it onto a seed, it shall become a weed" part. It's just a little silly rhyming joke. Believe me, I know someone in my family who makes parodies of a lot of things, including rhymes, FAR worse than what I came up.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Love this clip, and I especially love the episode from Mickey Mouse Works(later turned into House of Mouse) of Locksmiths!

Theozilla

Kaiju Member

New trailer just got dropped and apparently another new trailer (and new world) is scheduled to come out July 15th this summer!

EDIT: English subtitled version just got posted too!

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Despite it not making an appearence in this year's E3, at least we got a new amazingly beautiful trailer at whatever event this was. Xemnas looks a tad weird, but I'm certain that'll be fixed by the time the final product is released, similiar to how Terra's model looked weird in that demo last year.

And even though I'm going to be a pessimist and say that the release date is for 2020 and not 2018 or 2019, at least we're getting new tiny info next month(hopefully).

Thanks so much for posting it!

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
And the fact that they finally managed to have Hades' robe smoke excatly like in the original Hercules film(and the spins-offs he appeared in outside of Kingdom Hearts) makes me relieved. They finally managed to master that.

And if his Japanese voice actor is sounding like in english, then I garentee that James Wood is definitely returning to reprise his role as Hades since, as I learned earlier, voicing Hades is one of James' favorite jobs of his career.

Top Bottom