Opera Omnia Dissidia News/Discussion Thread

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
the bonus dungeon to upgrade the shiva summon (though the boss is a skeleton dragon) started late last week

seems to be a glitch with the cutscenes for the tidus event though. all the characters are stuck in their standard battle pose for me and don't do any emotes, and instead of walking they just slide along the floor. i assume that's going to get patched soon

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Found some footage of the Tidus event, the guy reads the lines out in English. Tbh he could say anything and we'd never know:lol:

Is that manikins making a return?

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Prishe's event began on April 7th
C8sWha5VYAAPrRD.jpg

This has been bugging me a little bit, if the characters have their memories from their worlds, then they must have been summoned after the endings right?

So can Spiritus and Materia revive people similar to Cosmos and Chaos? Galuf and Aerith were killed mid game and are alive and well here. Do they have memories of their deaths? How will Cloud and co react to seeing Aerith alive again?
C5F-972UYAA7QLR.jpg

Found this image of Steiner using the Buster Sword on twitter too, thought it looked odd:P

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Would be a hell of a thing if this is where we saw an Aerith-AVALANCHE reunion ...

Hopefully, it doesn't happen. That just strikes me as something that never should come to pass.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
I'm sure at some point she will have to come into contact with the others and Sephiroth...maybe they won't make any reference to it at all. Galuf is already in, but I don't know if he interacted with Bartz. Which leads us to today's event, Faris:

C9Qq0ndVoAEu7vx.jpg

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
IWUtkDUw

【ディシディアFF オペラオムニア(DFFOO)】公式生放送は4/24!新キャラは目が赤い『FFVII』の……?

4/24 [dissidia FF Opera Omnia (DFFOO): official live! The new character of red eyes FFVII. https://app.famitsu.com/20170419_1024344/ …
Looks like Vincent is going to be shown in a live stream on the 24th.

It frightens me that all my work with Dirge of Cerberus has conditioned me to suddenly be more interested in a product when Vincent appears in it...even though I don't find the character particularly interesting! :monster:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Yeah, Vincent! Alright! Now, if only they can bring in Rinoa, Serah and Reno, then I'll die happily!

On the other hand, that said 24th is my parents' wedding anniversary, so I'll miss out on it, but it's no biggie, because we're going out for a nice family dinner.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Ramza looks to be this week's event

Zell has been revealed, and someone from Crystal chronicles. Names in Japanese so I can't tell you their name. Cloud of Darkness shown as well.

Here's the stream to watch:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1YqxokYNekzxv

I never got through it all before, but it does show some gameplay of Vincent and Zell about 16 mins in.

DFFOO_12.jpg

DFFOO_02.jpg

I've never played any of the crystal chronicles games, this guy is Layle:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Layle

I hope we see Reynn or Lann in this, if they are adding these type of characters.

These guys will appear from 1st May in chapter 7.

Last edited:
What a nice "Did Sephiroth…do this?" homage in Chapter 6 of Opera Omnia.

Nice to hear that they used Sephiroth's original theme, "Those Chosen by the Planet". This theme usually gets ignored.

I can't quite tell if Shōgo Suzuki is still voice acting Vincent Valentine here

Sometimes it is spot on, sometimes it sounds very different from what I'm used to hearing in Dirge. Not surprising in and of itself since Dirge was ten years ago, but some confirmation would be nice.
After listening more to Vincent in Chapter 7 of Opera Omnia, I'm convinced that this is Shōgo Suzuki reprising his role as Vincent.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
it is suzuki, although i based that not on listening to the audio and i haven't played this in a while, but because that video says his name as the va :monster:

^thank you for linking that. I got a good giggle from it. :lol:

Going by the description to the video, it appears that Lightning is reacting to the reveal that her presence in Opera Omnia has not been confirmed yet?

TVCM2篇目の『選ばれなかったライトニング ジム篇』では、参戦を視野にスポーツジムでトレーニングしている菜々緒さんの横で、先に参戦が決定したことを菜々緒さんに伝えたのは、FINAL FANTASY VIIのヴィンセント。ニヤニヤと菜々緒さんを挑発した結果、納得のいかない菜々緒さんが、ヴィンセントに対してずっと文句を言い続けます。最後はヴィンセントに詰め寄るシーンも。結局、ここでもまだライトニングの参戦は決まりません。

(Google Translate)

In TVCM 2 's "Not Selected Lightning Jim Hen", next to Nana doo who is training at the sports gym with a view to participating in the game, the reason why Nanoso was first told to participate was FINAL FANTASY VII Vincent. As a result of provoking Nyanya and Nanao, Rana Nanao who is not convinced continues to complain Vincent forever. In the end also Vincent scrambling the scene. Ultimately, there is still no decisive attendance for Lightning.

Presumably then, Lightning is exercising so she can be strong for Opera Omnia.

EDIT: Appears the same theme is played in TVCM1. She tries to get confirmation of Lightning appearing in Opera Omnia, but she can't get a clear answer.

TVCM1篇目の『選ばれなかったライトニング 部屋篇』では、FINAL FANTASY歴代キャラクターのオールスターが参戦することを耳にした菜々緒さんが、自分が呼ばれていないことに気がついて苦情の電話をかけます。しかし、いくら電話口の担当者に理由を聞いても明確な答えは返ってきません。納得がいかず、とうとう堪忍袋の緒が切れた菜々緒さんが、間髪いれずにどんどん電話口の担当者を詰めるという緊迫感を演じる内容になっています。

(Google Translate)

In TVCM 1 's "Not Selected Lightning Room Hen", Nanao Nana who has heard that FINAL FANTASY all - star characters participate in the game will notify himself that he is not called, and calls for a complaint. However, no matter how much he / she talks to the person in charge of the phone, I do not get a clear answer. It is not convincing and at last it is content that plays a sense of urgency to fill the person in charge of the telephone mouth steadily without getting caught in a hairy state.

Last edited:

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Apparently Seymour will have an event this week. Not sure if he'll be playable though. The official twitter hints at Tyro and Noctis appearing too.

Then again similar tweets mention Kenny the Crow, so...

So yeah it looks like they are teasing Lightning's appearance:

SQUARE ENIX will post a huge advertisement with 40 FINAL FANTASY All Stars appearing in crystal at the Shinjuku station Metro Promenade in commemoration of the start of TV CM broadcasting of the game application for smartphones " DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY OPERA OMNIA " being distributed .

Also in the advertisement , " DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY OPERA OMNIA " a character to be newly implemented will appear.

Below, from release.
Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, President: Yoshiyuki Matsuda, hereinafter "Square Enix") is a game application for smartphones that has been distributed since February 2017 "DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY OPERA OMNIA Final Fantasy Opera Omnia) "commemorating the start of TVCM broadcasting, FINAL FANTASY All-Star will appear in crystal as a huge ad appear in crystal.
This advertisement is huge, as large as about 14 meters, was posted on the Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Line Shinjuku Station Metro Promenade during the period of May 15 (Monday) through May 21 (Sunday), and posted this advertisement We will announce the character to be newly implemented. In addition, we will conduct simultaneous Twitter-linked campaign to present the exhibited original crystal objects.
Currently it breaks down about 2 million downloads and content of the "DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY OPERA OMNIA" filled with plenty of charm of the "DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY OPERA OMNIA" that the momentum does not stop, such as the start of the TVCM broadcasting where actress Nanao appears as a lightning role.

<Summary of advertisement>
DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY OPERA OMNIA Crystal Museum

Advertisement placement area: Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Line Shinjuku Station Metro Promenade (* Please see the 2nd sheet for details)
Advertisement posting period: May 15 (Mon) - May 21 (Sun)

<Location location details>
Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Line Shinjuku Station Metro Promenade

FINAL FANTASY 40 All-Stars to Crystal! It is!

I inscribed the FINAL FANTASY All - Star gathered on "DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY OPERA OMNIA" in "Crystal" which is a series icon. It is the content that you can enjoy the world view of "DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY OPERA OMNIA", exhibiting characters that have not yet appeared in the game, incorporating elements of "crystal awakening" in the game, sticking to details We are.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201705/15132774.html

The main page shows a lot of pictures of a model in Lightning's clothes, so she's likely coming soon.

Last edited:

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Nice one, I didn't notice the drop down box. Aerith has been added in that section too, so Aerith along with Lightning and Thancred could be added in the next chapter.

Edgar(FFVI) is also there. http://www.jp.square-enix.com/DFFOO/campaign/ff6_edgar.html

There's a few tweets about Thancred as well:
"I'll finally come to mind. I'm always DFF Opera Omnia, I called. " #FF14
There's ones for FFXI characters as well. It looks as if those guys, along with Reynn, Lann, Tyro and Noctis will be added in too, if that's the point of the tweets.

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
When they release an Opera with an IRC client and mail client built into it I'll be interested

Top Bottom