• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Vagrant Story and FFT are amazing

Wiegraf

White Knight
AKA
Thamauturge (IMDb and Gamefaqs), Haeralis, Haeralis the Brave, Wiegraf, and JudgeMagisterDelita
^But the story is oh so amazing, not worth missing out on.

The gameplay has a learning curve, but it becomes pretty clear and is very addictive.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I used the walkthrough the whole time and my first boss fight in Lea Monde was impossible. I was obliterated every time, like, one hit kills from the goons. I didn't want to go back underground and level grind. I was so sick of being in a dungeon that the prospect of returning there made me... well, made me stop playing.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I think you almost do better at FFT if you do it without a walkthrough, because as you blunder around you grind up the necessary levels necessary to take on the harder fights.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
^But the story is oh so amazing, not worth missing out on.

The gameplay has a learning curve, but it becomes pretty clear and is very addictive.

No, it really isn't to me. =/
Honestly, I really, really dislike Vagrant Story's gameplay. I tried so many times to get into it and every time the battle system kills it. o_o

Jocalyn

Pro Adventurer
Ugh, i'm so bad at FFT, I've tried playing it soo many times, but tactical games aren't my thing. I wish I could just skip the gameplay and watch the storyline.

Ghost X

I'm sure I'd enjoy Vagrant Story more if/when I ever finish it. Its sort of been stagnating on my PS3 harddrive for months. I don't have the patience for the game play aspect of it really, but this probably says more about me than it does the game. I'd much rather read the story online. The story is quite interesting.

I haven't played FFT.

Terrafig

AKA
KaleMarsh
The difficulty of Vagrant Story is in the menus. They're stupidly complicated and hard to navigate. It also took me most of the game to figure out how to use Analyze, which is essential in boss fights. You have to use it, and then go to the Status screen and flip through to find out what you need.

Really? Why?

Once I could figure out how to use the equipment and Analyze, I enjoyed the gameplay as much as the story. Bosses became easy. Plus, making your own weapons improves any game.

Tactics bosses take a long time at the beginning of the game, and I'm somewhat a-compatible with Strategy RPGs, but I loved the story. I wish Matsuno could have stayed on the XII staff.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well I wondered if the Tactics Ogre remake meant Matsuno was back with Square, but apparently not as he has apparently been hired by Level 5 (of White Knight Chronicles and Professor Layton fame)

The biggest story from the latest issue of Famitsu magazine isn't about a game at all -- it's news of a job transfer that could have major impact for anyone who loves console strategy RPGs.

Yasumi Matsuno, creator of Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre and the Final Fantasy Tactics series, has reportedly taken a new job with Level-5, the Fukuoka-based publisher of both hardcore RPGs (White Knight Chronicles) and more casual stuff like Inazuma Eleven and the Professor Layton series. Matsuno was personally invited to the outfit by Level-5 founder and president Akihiro Hino, who said it'd offer the designer an opportunity to work on stuff he's never had a chance to before, according to Famitsu.

While neither Hino nor Matsuno commented in depth on what they might work on, Hino stated that it won't take two years or so for the next Matsuno project to come out and that it could be "something that the nieces and nephews of Matsuno fans might also enjoy."

The 45-year-old Matsuno joined indie game developer Quest in 1989, where he formed what would become the main staff behind Ogre Battle and Tactics Ogre. After completing Tactics Ogre, Matsuno moved to Square in 1995 and worked on FF Tactics, the first console strategy RPG to break a million copies sold worldwide, as well as classic PlayStation RPG Vagrant Story. He left Square in 2005 in the midst of Final Fantasy XII development and had been freelancing for assorted companies ever since, making contributions to both Grasshopper's MadWorld and Square Enix's new PSP port of Tactics Ogre.

I dunno if any more of the Ivalice Alliance was even intended, but if so, it's a shame they won't have Matsuno for it. Even when he was freelancing there was a chance.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Man... if only there was a sequel to either Vagrant Story or War of the Lions sagas... just something to tell us what happened to Ramza or Ashley...

Top Bottom