Ivalice Alliance/the Final Fantasy Tactics Page

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well apparently Omega would feel differently, but I would say make him a Chemist JUST long enough to get auto-potion, and then switch to Knight.
I'm actually not all that crazy about the knight class and their break abilities, but assuming you want to take Ramza in a physical fighter direction, its pretty much necessary.
final_fantasy_tactics_wotl_job.png

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I tend to do the following for Ramza in early game (I almost always make him a fighter rather than a caster, so fuck Chemists :awesome:)

For Squire:
> Stone
> JP Boost
> Focus
> Move +1

Job change to Knight:
> Parry

Job change to Monk:
> Chakra
> Aurablast
> Counter
> Shockwave
> Revive
> First Strike

Edit: just to add - I also always spend my Chemist points on Potion/Phoenix Down right off the hop. Once I switch to Knight I have Mettle as my secondary ability for pretty much the rest of the game because Focus is the best thing ever.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Chemist until Auto-potion then Knight looks to be the path I’ll take.

Also it seems like I’ve got to many characters, I’m rotating them so each other battle they get used and level up. But I remember I’m going to get loads of new characters later on, should I just dismiss a few of them?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I usually don't dismiss them until I have to, but at the same time I was never good at keeping everyone evenly levelled. I definitely favored some people. (Though make sure the ones you favored are the ones with the best stats for what you want them to do.) But yes, there will be several NPCs-turned-PCs that you will control, though most of them have a unique class.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I pick the 4 dudes I want based on their stats and then strip/dismiss the rest straight off the bat - that way I don't have to worry about keeping everyone's level equal. After that I don't dismiss anyone unless I have to.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
Dismissing people it is then.
I also remember getting a bunch of Chocos that breed like frickin' rabbits, I ended up dismissing them all. Are Choco's of any use? :huh:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
Only time I found Chocobos to be useful were on certain maps with crazy terrain. I never really bothered with them, though.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Black ones can be in specific situations because they can fly. And the red ones use Choco Meteor which is a surprisingly powerful attack (I hate fighting them). But they can't really compare to PCs.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
Acquired all abilities for Squire, Knight & Chemist on Ramza, what next? :huh:
I'd like him to be a figther not spell caster....

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
Monk or Lancer, imo.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm a dragoon fanboy, so Ramza usually ends up a dragoon as quickly as possible in my game. But monk's good too :monster:
Jump is really good in the earl goings of the game though.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
FFTactics is available now on iOS, for anyone unaware. This is thanks to tebian at the FFradio:

Final Fantasy Tactics is, arguably, one of the most famous and well-loved Final Fantasy spin-offs ever created. When it first debuted on the original PlayStation in 1998, fans of the Final Fantasy series celebrated its blend of classic job classes with grid-based strategy battles. If you're new to the Final Fantasy Tactics scene, read on to find out what Final Fantasy Tactics on iOS is all about.

index.php

The iPhone/iPad version of Final Fantasy Tactics is identical to The War of the Lions and uses the same modern translation.

Is the iOS version any different than the PSP version?
The iOS version of War of the Lions is almost identical to the PSP version. According to Square Enix, the visuals have been improved in the iOS version. Unfortunately, there are no plans for including multiplayer support at this time.

How many job classes are in this version?
There are 22 jobs available in Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions for iOS, and more than 400 abilities to learn. This is designed to be a highly customizable experience where every battle party is different from the next.

How do the touch controls work?
Most of the interface in Final Fantasy Tactics is the same as the PSP version, though you can scroll up and down anywhere on screen to move the cursor around the menu. An "Okay" and "Cancel" button sit at the bottom right corner of the screen and are used to select smaller on-screen options if you don't trust your pudgy finger.

When selecting grids on the map, you can either touch the specific panel to select it, or drag your finger around to pull the cursor and highlight the location.

When is the Final Fantasy Tactics release date? NOW !!

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
What I want to know is a) does it fix the lag and b) is the sound quality still shit?

This reminds me that someone traded in TA2 and I've been playing it to death lately (sister's ex-boyfriend stole my old copy). There's something about that game that I can't get enough of. Already have my Assassin and Summoner who are waiting for the Spellblade mission so I can give them both Blood Price. Also really love Frimelda's character so she's a perm party member.

Always have one of every other race as the B team for missions I just want to dispatch and missions that require a specific job.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
:bump:

So I've been slowly playing a game of Tactics in bed before going to sleep. I hadn't done any grinding at all and I was figuring it was going to catch up with me sooner or later. I'm hoping to get to Chapter 3 first but Cúchulainn just wiped the floor with me twice last night :(

I tried Rend MP to stop him from absolutely decimating me with Bioga...so he just started walking around and one-shotting all my characters manually... I know you can Immobilize him with Mustadio so maybe I'll try that...but I think I'm gonna have to grind this one...

And the fight with
Gaffgarion
had just gone so well! Ramza and Agrias literally boxed him in a corner and wailed on him until we went down.
Traitorous bastard :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well, I tried twice more last night. The first try went, ostensibly, worse. He Doomed my Chemist and Black Mage, and petrified Agrias. So it was just Ramza and Mustadio. I kept fighting though just because it was cathartic to attack him I guess. Then he hit Mustadio with Doom, but to my amazement Ramza actually killed him. I couldn't keep that battle because my Chemist and Black Mage crystalized. However, the fact that I killed him gave me another strategy idea: Less strategy. Bum rush him.

The second battle, I did get lucky that Mustadio Immobilized him on the first turn instead of only working after everyone was dead. Ramza and Agrias pounced on him. By not Rending MP, he favored Bioga over Nightmare (which was dooming and petrifying people). On two separate castings, Ramza and Agrias were each killed, but I just had my Chemist chucking Phoenix downs and didn't bother healing more than that.
My Black Mage had the chance to move a safe distance away and started throwing Thundagas at him. And Ramza and Agrias both had Rubber Boots on so I didn't have to worry about AoE. And he went down. Pretty satisfying.

THEN to start Chapter 3 I've just been doing Errands and grinding up some new Jobs. :monster:

Top Bottom