How Many FF Games Have Been Remade?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
FF IV has been remade in 3D graphics for the Nintendo DS. Also, FF X has been 'Remastered' for the PS3 and PS4, though it's not a huge leap in upgraded graphics or anything.

That's all I can think of for now. :monster: VII will be Remade soon :awesome:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
FF IV has been remade in 3D graphics for the Nintendo DS. Also, FF X has been 'Remastered' for the PS3 and PS4, though it's not a huge leap in upgraded graphics or anything.

That's all I can think of for now. VII will be Remade soon :awesome:

I was about to say the almost exact same thing about FFIV, and FFX remasters isn't the same as being remade. Just upgraded with higher technology to make it better than the PS2 version from 15 years ago.

So, I think VII is the second big remake of the FF remakes, and this one will be pretty much the most expensive.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Was VI remade? I know they put out a version on the Psone that had CGI cutscenes but the rest of it was pretty much the same as the SNES version. Other than that I think it's been ported to Android and iOS but not properly remade iirc.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
This depends entirely on your definition of remade. I assume you're not talking about simple ports, but actual improvements such as graphical updates and new content. So far to my knowledge the only game that is receiving a ground-up remake is VII, but as far as remastered games pretty much every core game has had at least one remastering.

FFI / II were remastered for Origins, again for Dawn of Souls and once more for mobile phones.

FFIII / FFIV recieved 3D remakes for Nintendo DS that were later ported to PSP.

FFV was remasted for FF Anthology.

FFIV , FFV and FFVI all got GBA versions as "Final Fantasy [x] Advance".

FF7 recently was remastered for the PS4 and, of course, the big multi-part remake is coming.

FF7, 8 and 9 have had Steam versions which tweaked the graphics but I don't believe any new content was added (except 8 offered the "Magic Booster" option which started players out with a selection of magic to help correct the Draw tedium).

FFX-FFX-2 has remasters for PS3/ PS4.

FFXI had multiple content expansions, don't know if that really counts though.

FFXII... uh Fangu this is your territory? I know there is the Zodiac Job System version at least.

FFXIII Trilogy received Steam versions but as far as I can tell these are just ports. They did come with a lot (though not all) of the console's DLC included though.

FFXIV was actually completely remade from the ground up. The 1.0 version was almost universally panned as atrocious hence when 2.0 came out it was marketed as basically a new game (even calling it A Realm Reborn). The gameplay is significantly different though the lore from 1.0 is still canon.

Fangu

Great Old One
FFXII... uh Fangu this is your territory? I know there is the Zodiac Job System version at least.
lol! Well, there is the IZJS version, as you say, but that one was only released in Japan (in Japanese, ofc). This version had no new material in terms of story (cutscenes, upscale, etc) only in gameplay mechanisms. So it's not a remake, not a remaster, and certainly not a port, so... it's just a different version.

XII is the game to get the least "re-" love :(

Top Bottom