FF Type-0 Online

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Tabata already made an announcement that he wants to make a(unnecessary in my opinion) sequel titled "Type-Next" based on the HD version's secret ending which the only sense I can see is that Ace is reborn which, I don't think is even worth in making a sequel.

Well, let's hope that Type-0 Online will be worth the heartaches of the cancellation of Agito+, which, I knew would happen ever since it got delayed in the first place. I just had a gut feeling that it would end up being cancelled for the entire year.

Still Unnamed

Lv. 25 Adventurer
There’s been a lot of activity with FF Type-0 Online recently. China has gotten a series of open betas over the past two months, and you can now watch some gameplay of the test on YouTube. I found a Hajime Tabata interview in Chinese that promises to provide some new information on the game if translated. Here’s the article link: http://news.17173.com/content/2016-07-28/20160728012622469_1.shtml

Also, if anyone does translate the article and would like to further translate text from the betas themselves, please let me know and I’ll post the Chinese within this thread.

Hope you’re all doing well!

ForceStealer

Double Growth
the cancellation of Agito+, which, I knew would happen ever since it got delayed in the first place. I just had a gut feeling that it would end up being cancelled for the entire year.

Well when you feel that way about literally every delay, you're bound to be right some of the time.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i have to admit, i have sorted this away into my brain as cancelled for some reason

i tried reading the chinese article but that wasn't really a good idea (although i learnt 手游 which is apparently an abbreviation meaning 'mobile game' and not the more suspicious 'hand play' it looks like literally). i wonder if i have just not been keeping up with gaming news lately or if this is more a chinese market-focused title

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
When I saw that this thread had updates, my immediate reaction was "Stop trying to make 'fetch' happen, SE. It's not going to happen."

Still Unnamed

Lv. 25 Adventurer
It’s been a year since this thread has had any new posts, and with FF Type-0 Online receiving several updates, I thought I’d share what I can.

- This was probably mentioned somewhere else, but FF Type-0 Online is being marketed as Final Fantasy Awakening in China. And after all the betas this game has had, it seems they’ve settled on a more permanent version, which can be downloaded in iOS or Android formats from the Perfect World website.

- With a more permanent version in China, the title has expanded to other regions. Just last month, a version specific to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau was released, still being marketed as FF Awakening. You can find that version available on the Iwplay World website. Interestingly, the website lists the support of BlueStacks App Player, which is an Android emulator. It’s great to know that those without a smart phone or a tablet should be able to play this game on their desktop or laptop using that application.

- FFXV summons are included like Shiva, Ifrit, and Titan. There’s even a possibility of FFXV characters appearing in the future.

- Dual audio has been introduced, so you can hear the Japanese voices in addition to the Chinese ones. Some Japanese voice samples are available on the Perfect World website.

Here are some videos I’ve been able to find on YouTube:

- Chinese singer and actor Luhan’s collaboration with FF Awakening

- Taiwan / Hong Kong / Macau Commercial

- Commercial Behind the Scenes

- Tabata Interview (would appreciate someone giving a general synopsis of what he’s saying)

- Tabata’s Travels (again, would be great to have someone give the important details of what he’s saying)

UPDATE

In addition to everything above, an Indonesian version of the game by Efun Games is available to download at the Google Play Store and iTunes.

What sets this version apart from the others is that in addition to Indonesian text, there is also an English option!

Last edited:
Top Bottom