New Dissidia Arcade Game (NT)

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
I think they'll probably add the rest of the villains before they go for Noctis. I have a feeling he'll be added in a console release.

They announced stickers last week. I have no idea what these are or what the purpose is, but Spiritus and Materia got some artwork that I haven't seen before:

C9sWGxrUIAM_JgW.jpg

Spiritus is using Cloud's FFVII artwork pose by the look of it, and Materia appears to be using one similar to Serah in XIII-2.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
If that's the case, then maybe they're struggling with a new design for Ultimecia.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
I like that they gave him a more agressive playstyle but, I won't lie, I am sad to see his countering gimmick gone though, but that's completely understandable from a competitive sense. And I don't think it would've worked in 3v3 very well either, otherwise it would have been overpowered.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
I'm getting an Avril Lavigne vibe from Materia personally:wacky:

Ha, maybe that's why they are in conflict. She doesn't like his girlfriend and thinks he needs a new one, but he doesn't agree...

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
If it is true they are adding Noctis to this game, I'd like to see it. Also having Ardyn too would be excellent.

A early 2018 release, I've had a slight interest in this game, but now I'm actually starting to get hyped for it.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
It's going to be on show and playable at E3, Noctis will probably appear round there somewhere.

I don't think any English voice work has been done on this yet, with there only being a subbed trailer, and non of the VAs have tweeted about recording lines, except for Steve Burton and George Newburn...

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
It's going to be on show and playable at E3, Noctis will probably appear round there somewhere.

I don't think any English voice work has been done on this yet, with there only being a subbed trailer, and non of the VAs have tweeted about recording lines, except for Steve Burton and George Newburn...

That's great then, again I haven't been following it too closely, but now I'll start too.

Also, I'm sure Steve Burton and George Newburn are recording for the Remake if anything. Would be cool though to hear Dissidia in English.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Noctis was definitely teased in that trailer. It's a blink-and-you'll-miss it, but it happens after the procession of "nameless ____" characters from 1-14.

Edit: nvm that's probably Kuja.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Yay!

Spiritus and Materia aren't new to this announcement, of course, but the logo art is nice.
Also, I swear that trailer is just a subtitled version of an existing trailer for the Arcade game, maybe a few differences.

Anywho... A Nojima-written story? That's awesome in my eyes.
Though I really have to wonder how far in advance Amazon leaked that Noctis announcement, as I'm not entirely sure this will be an E3 thing. Why have an info stream now if you're gonna give that reveal in a week's time?

And yeah, the Burton recording has to be for Remake now... Right?

...Please no Mobius

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Well now that you mention Mobius, there was that second VIIR event that featured both Cloud and Sephiroth...

Aside from that bit of text from the Amazon page that the news sites copied, I don't think there's any official word on Noctis yet.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Could someone who knows something about Dissidia put a front page article up about this? I don't but it's got VII characters in it so I figure it's relevant to us. :P

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Could someone who knows something about Dissidia put a front page article up about this? I don't but it's got VII characters in it so I figure it's relevant to us. :P

I can take a stab at it tonight, if none of the main staff want it. Know I'm just still guest-writer status, but I've kept an eye on Dissidia Arcade for a while. Just a basic run down on the Amazon page, right?

I'd just need an extra hour or two to double check some facts between a few articles, and earlier news.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'd say go for it since there are no other takers. Follow the same procedure as the last time you wrote for us and I can edit it tomorrow when I wake up. :)

Top Bottom