The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Post-Crisis Final Fantasy VII

Post-Crisis Final Fantasy VII All content in Advent Children Complete, On the Way to a Smile, & Dirge of Cerberus detailing the 3 years since the conclusion of Final Fantasy VII.

Old 4 Days Ago   #811
Shademp

Chaos is feeling particularly...posey

The last thing you see

Apart from being a weak boss that will go down in a few shots from Ultima Weapon, if you bring Cait Sith along then the Chaos AI will focus all its energy on your feline companion.

Last edited by Shademp; 4 Days Ago at 12:45 PM. Reason: *grammar
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Teioh (4 Days Ago), Tennyo (17 Hours Ago), The Twilight Mexican (4 Days Ago), X-SOLDIER (2 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #812
The Twilight Mexican

How did you get all this to happen?
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (2 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #813
Shademp

Chaos appears at the very end of the 45th Extra Mission "Stronghold Impervious". I took many snapshots and because I used Cheat Engine to make Vincent invincible, it was easier for me to take close-up shots where normally Chaos's attacks would have knocked Vincent back or interrupted the first-person view.
Thanked by 3:
Tennyo (17 Hours Ago), The Twilight Mexican (3 Days Ago), X-SOLDIER (2 Days Ago)
Old 3 Days Ago   #814
The Twilight Mexican

Oh, okay. I thought that you had gained control of Chaos's model.
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (2 Days Ago)
Old 3 Days Ago   #815
Shademp

The Twilight Mexican wrote: I thought that you had gained control of Chaos's model.
I can do that. No problem.

All I need to do is find the string for Vincent's normal player character model (p000) and replace that with the Chaos player model string (p007).

Woila!

Not without imperfections, but perfectly playable. I have not figured out how to unlock Weapon Slot 4 and Death Penalty, which are exclusive to Chaos.
Thanked by 3:
Tennyo (17 Hours Ago), The Twilight Mexican (3 Days Ago), X-SOLDIER (2 Days Ago)
Old 3 Days Ago   #816
The Twilight Mexican

Showoff. =P
Thanked by 3:
Shademp (3 Days Ago), Tennyo (17 Hours Ago), X-SOLDIER (2 Days Ago)
Old 3 Days Ago   #817
Shademp

Thanked by 3:
Old 18 Hours Ago   #818
Shademp

Just to show my stupid side yet again, I had another one of those moments where I only just now consciously (with internal, worded narration to accompany it) observed something that I should have seen years ago: When you did damage on enemies in the online mode, no digits popped up to indicate how much damage is being done.

This makes sense. In the online mode, enemies had HP bars right below their name tags. The digits would be superfluous junk.

The presence of name tags is another defining difference, as the offline content doesn't use name tags for enemies and targets or your player character for that matter. Of course I noticed the name tags years and years ago but I'm pointing it out now anyway.

Recently I created images of all the menu maps used for the Extra Missions and this helped me consciously notice something that I had already "felt" on a subconscious level: There are two versions of the "Kalm Streets" map.

Standard Version

Arch Azul Battle

See the online mission against Arch Azul or the Extra Mission "Cait Versus the Bull".

The latter version has removed all the boxes- and access to the central structure in the northwest square. Removing the boxes gives Arch Azul free space to walk about in and removing access to the central structure keeps the player from climbing to potential safety.

For some reason the standard version indicates that you can walk about inside the fountain to the southeast (J-13) but it doesn't matter because there's an invisible wall you can't get beyond anyhow.

Interestingly enough, the map used for the multiplayer (at the start of its service, at least) uses the "standard" map but without indicating traversable ground inside the fountain.
- Source

Last edited by Shademp; 10 Hours Ago at 05:39 AM.
Thanked by 2:
Tennyo (17 Hours Ago), The Twilight Mexican (15 Hours Ago)