• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Pick a Job Class!

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
So I just wanted to do a fun thread here.

Basically, pick two jobs from any Final Fantasy game that you would learn yourself if for some reason you were magically transported to a FF world. :awesome:

I'm making this thread for two reasons:
1) It's fun and I love these kinds of things.
2) In the future I miiiiight have fun with the answers people pick for themselves. Keyword is might, and no I'm not saying what it is, just that it's something I might do for the fun of it. :monster: So keep in mind if you pick your classes and I have time and get off my ass to go through with my idea, you'd be included.

Here is the link to the FF wiki's page that lists all the games using jobs and if you need more details/info on particular jobs, go on over there to check it out and make your decision. You can be as detailed as you like too, saying why you chose the two jobs you did, or you can just slap an answer down right away, your choice. So long as you pick only two!
If you have a couple combos you want to list, go right ahead. :)

For myself... I kind of fancy a Dragoon White Mage.
That, or maybe a Summoner Knight.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I'd probably pick something like a Ninja Gunner. I love the whole stealth 'strike from the shadows' aspect of the role, and the awesome versatility between close combat with a dagger, magic use, or long range throwing techniques. And Gunner because ... Gunners are cool, lol.

Ghost X

You're going to draw us in our selected job class, aintcha :awesome:.

Well, a single job is hard for me to pick, but my favourite colour is red, and I like what Red Mages look like, as well as the concept behind them (though in action, they kind of suck), so Red Mage it is.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
I'd have to go with thief. When I have the option, I almost always play games as a thief/assassin. My characters always seem to end up as sociopathic kleptomaniacs. It's just plain fun. :)

I could see myself as a black mage, as well. I have a fondness for elemental magic.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
You're going to draw us in our selected job class, aintcha :awesome:.

Well, a single job is hard for me to pick, but my favourite colour is red, and I like what Red Mages look like, as well as the concept behind them (though in action, they kind of suck), so Red Mage it is.

I said pick two Ghost, you only picked one. :monster: Think FFV where you have one job 'equipped' and another as secondary.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
My top choice would be Alchemist, taking the dresspheres into account. I love the devastating shit you can throw by mixing magical items.

Next up is Dark Knight. Big swords pls. :monster:

AvecAloes

Donator
Black Mage and White Mage. I know I could say Red Mage and Something Else, but smeh, Red Mages don't get the higher levels of magic. Basically I want to be able to destroy mine enemies with Meteor and heal my team with Curaga and stuff :monster:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Blue Mage and either Time Mage or Summoner, probably Summoner as most of Time Mage's major offensive skills have been ported over to Black Mage. All three of those jobs have a lot of research involved into figuring out what monster has what learnable spell or where/how to get a summon or how physics work so it can be messed with. So lots of fun mechanics to play with and the damage to go with it. And some of the prettiest skill animations to come out of the series ever...

Ghost X

Okay, my bad. Red Mage and Dragoon. Never really devastating in the games, but has romantic appeal :awesome:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I'm always the tank, but I also like to heal, so, yeah, the lawful-stupid paladin for me!

Incidentally, I was drawn as a Red Mage some time ago, as per a commission done for my friend. I should probably go find it. T'was neat!

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Red Mage / Fighter. I need to heal, and cast some basic attack spells, but mostly I'll be whacking things with a sword.

Plus, dat red cap is so sharp.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
The Quiz says Dragoon, so I'll go with that. Also low level healing would be nice, so Paladin, if that exists in FF. Lawful stupidity not necessary for such.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
I've spent literally all day thinking about this.

Decided on Bard + Samurai, because the idea of a wandering singing swordsman was way too much fun to pass up.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Dragoon and White Mage.

My net alter ego I have always visualized as a spear-wielder or halberdier. White magic is just a good idea since I like to not die. :monster:

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
First off, I'd pick a Knight, because the use of a sword has fascinated me for as long as I can remember. I'd also pick the Ninja, because I like having speed and stealth.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
As much as I'd like to say I'd be a badass Warrior or Dark Knight, I'm going to go for the supporting classes, because me personally, am better at supporting others than leading people into the fray (not that I wouldn't lead if I had to).

First off, I'd like to be a White Mage because wealth of snazzy robes that's why. :monster:

latest

latest

latest

Also, I wouldn't mind being a Green Mage, because you can bestow status enhancements on allies and status ailments on enemies, giving you the best of both worlds. The Saboteur and Synergist classes were among my favorites in XIII, with Smart Bomb being my favorite paradigm to use.

latest

Top Bottom